We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing. Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
FESTIVALS AND OTHER EVENTS
● Marty’s Hops & Vines – Hosting Third Annual Made in Cincy Beerfest tomorrow (8/1) from 5:00-11:00 pm. Featuring sixteen taps of local beers, Camp Washington Chili and Hop Water. Tickets are $36 in advance; $46 at the door (pricing includes tax and gratuity). Call (513) 681-4222 or stop in at Marty’s to get your tickets. Beer list is available on their Facebook event page.
● Taste of Belgium Clifton – Hops for Hippos: The Final Chapter is going on all day today (7/31). Featuring special beers from West Sixth and raising money for a new hippo exhibit at the Cincinnati Zoo.
● Thirsty’s Oasis – Hosting Just Another Beer Festival Sunday, August 2nd from 2:00-6:00 pm. General admission presale tickets are $45 and include 10 five ounce beer sample tickets and a pig roast meal ticket. The first 100 attendees also receive a swag bag. VIP presale tickets are $55 and include all of the general admission benefits and also early entry at 1:00 pm plus some limited edition and rarity samples. Beer list is available on their web site.
● Cincinnati Art Museum – Art After Dark: Beer and Baseball – Featuring beers from Blank Slate, Fifty West, MadTree, Moerlein Lager House, Rhinegeist and Sam Adams. For more information, check out their Facebook event page.
● Everything’s d’ Vine – Tasting is at 5:30 pm each week and costs $10 for beer and wine tastings. You can get just beer or just wine for $5.00. The beers for this week’s tasting (7/31) are Blue Point Blueberry Ale, Epic Hop Syndrome, Revolution Anti-Hero IPA and Small Town Not Your Father’s Root Beer.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (7/31), it’s Rhinegeist. Pints are usually $3.
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (7/31), it’s Arcadia Ales. Pints are usually $3.
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week (7/31) from 5:30-7:00 pm, it’s beers from Sam Smith, Lindeman’s and Traquair plus Trappist ales from Westmalle, Orval and Rochefort 6, 8, 10. Ayinger Celebrator will be on tap for $3.00 a 9 ounce draft pour. The cost for the flight is $2.00 per person. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights.
● Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
● Braxton Brewing – Tonight (7/31), they are tapping their first lager – Twisted Bit Dortmunder. Food from Wunderbar will be available.
● Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight (7/31) is Free Bacon Night AND they will be tapping Lerwig Bourbon Barrel-Aged Barleywine. Cost is $10 for a ten ounce snifter.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom