We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing. Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
SIGNS OF SPRING
• OTR BIERGARTEN – For their opening weekend, they will be pouring: On Draft — 16oz – Christian Moerlein Purity Pils, Christian Moerlein OTR Pale Ale, Christian Moerlein Third Wave IPA and Christian Moerlein Strawberry Pig Cream Ale; plus Hudepohl Pure Lager 16oz can and Hudepohl Delight 12oz can. Open Saturday and Sunday.
• Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Fat Head’s Beer Tasting Friday from 4:00-7:00 pm.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Bell’s at Fairfield and from Jackie O’s at Eastgate.
• Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
UPDATE • Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they will be pouring beers from Deschutes. Draft by the glass will feature Armory Extra Pale Ale for $3. The cost for the flight is $2.00 per person. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
• Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
TAPPINGS and RELEASES
• Braxton Brewing – Firkin Friday for April – This month’s firkin is Crankshaft infused with fresh grapefruit zest. Tapping is at 5:30 pm.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight is Free Bacon Night and they are doing pouring Mikkeller 1000 IBUs. The cost is $6 for a 10 oz snifter. ALSO Mike Czech pilsner will be back today.
• Marty’s Hops and Vines – Tapping Taft’s Saturday at 6:00 pm – Beers include Gavel Banger IPA and Second Base American Lager on draft plus cans of Nellie’s Key Lime Caribbean Ale.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom