Almost weekly, as soon as either our This Week in Beer or Tastings and Growlers posts go up, we get a comment about some event we didn’t know about. And it makes us sad 1. Hoperatives was created to let people know about the better beer locations and better beer events happening in Cincinnati. But we can’t let people know if we don’t know ourselves.
So it would be a lot easier being psychic. Then we’d know what’s going on. The problem is that we’d also have to know a lot of stuff we’d rather not know, like why people drink Bud Select 55. Given the choice, we’ll pass on being psychic. Besides, the collective power of the Internet is better.
Here’s what you can do to help:
- firstname.lastname@example.org is the best way to reach us.
- If your favorite better beer location is not in one of our listings in the left hand column, let us know. Optimally, we would love to have the location’s name, address, phone number, web site and hours if possible. But, we’d be happy with just a name to start with. We have Google and we’re not afraid to use it.
- If your favorite better beer restaurant or bar has a rotating tap list, send us an update when you get a chance. This is an area we really hope to expand in the future. If you like, you can even just snap a picture of it with your cell phone and email it to us (though text is preferred).
- If your favorite better beer location is having an event, drop us a line and let us know. Don’t assume we already know about it. You would be amazed how many events we stumble upon on FaceBook or by surfing websites.
- We don’t do formal reviews of anything other than beer, but we’re perfectly happy to talk about the people and places that serve better beer. Maybe you were someplace and a bartender or other server told you about something new. Or you have a place you just love and want the world to know about. Send us an e-mail! There are over 350 Hoperatives listed on the Roll Call page and more in the pipeline waiting to be processed. We’d love to hear from all of you.
It’s been said often in this space, but it’s true: Cincinnati’s not that big, but we’d hate to have to paint it. Let us know what’s happening and we’ll make sure to get the word out.
Carla and Tom
1Don’t get us wrong, we’re happy to get the comment. We’ll usually update the post as a result. But it just would have been nice to have the information before we posted the first time.