[EDITORS' NOTE: Starting next week, we will be dividing this rather long weekly post into two parts. Tap Thursdays will have all of the growler information and Tastings Report will focus on local beer tastings plus other weekend beer events.]
We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Growlers Report after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
TASTINGS AND TAPPINGS
● Everything’s d’ Vine Tasting is at 5:30 pm each week and costs $10 for beer and wine tastings. You can get just beer or just wine for $5.00. For this week’s tasting (6/20), the beers are 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon, Sonoma Cider “The Anvil” (Bourbon Barrel Aged), Oskar Blues Pale Ale and Fat Head’s Head Hunter IPA.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (6/20), the beers are Highland Brewing. Pints are usually $3 (occasionally $4 or $5).
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (6/20), the beers are Rivertown. Pints are usually $3.
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Party Town – Friday Night Flights features six to eight beers each week. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (6/20), the beers are from Atwater Brewing and Alex Hutting from Atwater will be in attendance. Featured beer is a special small batch version of their double IPA Conniption Fit. Cost is $3.00 for an 8 oz. draft pour.
● Listermann Brewing – Don’t forget their 6th Anniversary party tomorrow (6/21) starting at 1:00 pm! Buy a pint and get free food from Dino’s Gorilla Grill!
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES
● Bad Tom Brewing (as of May 31st) has Old Abe American Strong, Addlehead IPA, Brother Clement Belgian Ale, Bad Tom Brown, Black Kettle Stout and Kloppenburg Helles. Red Rye coming soon!
Empty growlers are $5.50.
● Christian Moerlein Craft Brewery (as of May 31st) has Hudepohl Bock, Old Gregg Scottish Ale, OTR, Christkindl, Northern Liberties, Maibock, Dunkelweiss, Lager House, Emancipator, Se7en, Zepplein and Barbarossa. $8 for growler refills every Friday, $10 Growler refills on Saturday & Sunday. New growlers are $5. Hudy kegs are also available. Tap Room is located at 1621 Moore Street in Cincinnati’s Historic Over-The-Rhine Brewery District.
● Ei8ht Brewing Company (inside the Party Source) has (as of March 21st) Ei8ht Ball K-hole (nitro), Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree, To Ol Final Frontier, Nogne O Imperial Brown, Stillwater Folklore, Goose Island Lolita, Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura, Mikkeller Hop Burn Low, Elezelloise Goliath Stout, Mikkeller Bravo, Local Option Morning Wood, Stone Grapefruit Slam, New Holland The Poet, Mikkeller Texas Ranger, De Molen Geboren / Getogen, St. Feuillien Saison, Mikkeller Sort Gul, MadTree Lift, Rogue Old Crustacean, Quaff Bros. Quaffanator, Weihenstephaner, De Proef Knockout (KO), Sierra Nevada Rye Day the 13th, DuPont Bier du Miel, La Trappe Witte, Country Boy Shotgun Wedding, Mikkeller I Beat U, Dark Horse Tres Blueberry Stout, MadTree Galaxy High, Sierra Nevada Ovila, Ei8ht Ball Tarnished, Ei8ht Ball Michael J. Bocks, Ei8ht Ball K-Hole, Ei8ht Ball Word, Ei8ht Ball Tiny Pig, Ei8ht Ball Cat Lady, Bosteels Tripel Karmeliet, West Sixth Lemongrass Wheat, Deschutes Black Butte, Deschutes Mirror Pond, Cider Boys Mad Bark and Lindemans Framboise.
● Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing (as of April 25th) have Chickow!, NutCase Peanut Butter Porter, Pre-Prohibition Lager, Serpentine Wheat, Aftermath Scottish Wee Heavy, Planetary IPA, Friar Bacon, Gravitator, Cincinnati Red Ale, and Jungle Honey. New growlers are $3. [Thanks to Zach Baird for the update!]
● MadTree Brewing (as of June 11th) has Sprye, Lemon Basil Blonde, Sol Drifter, Lift, Galaxy High, Identity Crisis, Axis Mundi, Gnarly Brown, No Saj, PsycHOPathy, The Dunmore and Happy Amber. Rounding Third is expected to be on by this weekend. New growlers are $5 and they will fill other growlers.
● Mt. Carmel Brewing (as of May 31st) has Blonde, Amber, Nut Brown, Summer Wheat, Dewey’s Porter, Dewey’s Citra Saison, Coffee Brown and Imperial IPA. The cost is $8.50 for year rounds and most seasonals. Specialty beers (like the Imperial IPA now and Ardennes Belgian Quad in the past) are $18.00. It’s $4.50 for the purchase of a growler.
● Rhinegeist Brewery (as of May 26th) has Cougar, Uncle, Truth, Spike American Wheat, Hustle red rye pale ale, Zen pale ale, Luck Irish stout, Pure Fury pale ale and Fiction Belgian XPA. New growlers are $5 for either the 32 or 64 oz. [Thanks to Jim Matt for the update.]
● Rivertown Brewing (as of May 28th) has Roebling, Dunkel, Hop Bomber, Hop Baron, Blueberry, Helles, Jenneke, Lil SIPA, Wit, Unit 6, Amberdextrous and Lambic. Growler fills are $8.50 for most beers and high gravity beers are $11.70 (both prices are with tax). If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
GROWLERS AT BREW PUBS
● Fifty West Brewing (as of May 7th) has Coast to Coast, Coffee Please Stout, One Way Street, Paycheck’s Porter, Penny’s Pilsner, Shortcut and Spoatieoatiedopaliscious, Thirty 37. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● Moerlein Lager House (as of June 6th) has Helles Lager, Northern Liberties IPA, Old Gregg, Over-The-Rhine Ale, Se7en, Zeppelin, Barbarossa and Repeater. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. Growler refills are $8 on Tuesdays and Fridays. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. They only fill their own growlers.
● Rock Bottom Cincinnati sells growlers of all their regular beers. Most growler fills are $13.50. They only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT RESTAURANTS
● Adriatico’s, Arnold’s Bar & Grill, BrewRiver GastroPub, Buckhead Mountain Grill, Firehouse Grill, Flipdaddy’s (all three locations) and Incline Public House all fill growlers of the beers they have on tap.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● Cappy’s Wine and Spirits Loveland (as of June 6th) had Southern Tier 2XOne ($6.99 $11.99), Bell’s Two Hearted ($5.99 $8.99), Bell’s Oberon ($5.99 $6.99), Rivertowne of Pittsburgh Hala Kahiki ($6.49 $9.99), Avery/Russian River Collaboration Not Litigation Ale ($9.99 $17.99), Brew Kettle White Rajah ($7.99 $13.99), Ballast Point Habanero Sculpin ($9.99 $18.99), Victory Dirtwolf ($6.49 $10.99), MadTree Identity Crisis ($8.99 $16.99), Mad Tree Sol Drifter ($6.49 $7.99), Stone Enjoy By 7-4-14 ($8.99 $16.99), MadTree Galaxy High ($13.49 $23.99), Red Hook Game Changer ($4.00 $5.00), Revolution Crystal-Hero ($6.49 $10.99), Fat Head’s Trail Head ($6.99 $9.99) and Jackie-O’s Matriarch ($15.99 $29.99). First price listed is for a 32 oz growler fill, second is for a 62 oz.
● Cork ‘N Bottle Buttermilk Pike (as of Feb. 21st) had Brooklyn Monster Barley Wine ($10.99), Schlafly Tasmanian IPA ($8.99), Madtree Hoppy Amber ($8.99), Madtree Rubeus Cacao ($8.99), Original Sin Cider ($6.99), Goose Island Ten Hills Pale Ale ($7.49), Uinta Hop Notch ($6.99) and Sierra Nevada Big Foot ($14.99).
● Cork ‘N Bottle Covington (as of Feb. 21st) had Christian Moerlein Emancipator Doppelbock ($8.99), Hostivet Imperial Pilsner ($10.99), Christian Moerlein 10+161 Bourbon Barrel Aged English Ale ($10.99), New Holland Night Tripper Imperial Stout ($12.99), Against the Grain Brown Note ($7.99), Uinta Dubhe Imperial Black IPA ($8.99), Abita Mayhawk Belgian Golden ($8.49) and New Holland Dragon’s Milk ($15.99).
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot in Anderson (as of June 2nd) has Sneaky Pete Imperial IPA ($13.99), Lagunitas IPA ($9.99), Widmer Bros. Chocolate Imperial Russian Stout ($5.99), Abita French Connection ($6.99), Great Lakes Wandering Pelican Black Lager ($12.99), Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shugga’ Substitute ($7.99), Bad Tom’s Black Kettle Stout ($9.99) and Abita Hop Gator Helles Doppelbock ($7.99).
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Covington (as of May 3rd) has Moerlein Hefeweizen Wheat ($8.99), Founders All Day IPA ($8.99), Rogue American Amber Ale ($8.99) and Abita Purple Haze ($8.99).
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Fort Thomas (as of May 3rd) has Sierra Nevada Bigfoot ($15.99), Schlafly Hop Harvest ($10.99), Leinenkugal Ryewine ($3.99), New Holland Charkoota Rye ($6.99), Bell’s Smitten ($9.99), MadTree Rubus Cacao ($13.99), Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye ($8.99), Stone Stochasticity ($16.99), Mt. Carmel Springtime, Bell’s Oberon ($9.99), Rivertown Bock ($3.99), Sierra Nevada Single Hop Harvest Ale ($13.99), Leinenkugal Canoe Paddler ($3.99), Lagunitas IPA ($11.99), Angry Orchard Crisp Apple ($9.99), Avery Maharaja ($11.99), Victory Golden Monkey ($12.99) and Southern Tier 2x Steam ($11.99). Several taps were TBA at time of publication. Their growler price is $4 “with a credit of $2 if you return an old growler.”
● The Growler Stop (as of May 24th) has MadTree Lift, MadTree Sprye, Fifty West Punch You in the EyePA, Mt. Carmel Amber, MadTree PsyHOPathy, Rhinegeist Truth, Fat Head’s Head Hunter IPA, Bad Tom Brother Clement, Jackie O’s Java the Stout, Rhinegeist Spike, Rhinegeist Hustle, Triple Digit Aftermath, Jackie O’s Firefly Amber, Moerlein Elixir and Angry Orchard. Empty growlers are $5 each
● HalfCut (as of May 25th) has Fifty West Speedbump, Rhinegeist Hustle, Upland Tripel, MadTree Sprye, Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, Ommegang Hennepin, Green Flash 30th Street, Founders Rubeaus, Schofferhofer Grapefruit, Avery Maharaja, Blank Slate Out and About, Alltech’s Lexington Brewery Bourbon Barrel Peach Wheat, Green Flash Hop Odyssey, Great Lakes Burning River, Rogue XS Old Crustacean and Founders All Day IPA. Empty growlers are $5 each.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate (as of June 19th) has Fifty West Azar’s Seaside Saison, Rhinegeist Truth, Avery IPA, MadTree Misnomer Hoppy Wheat, Magic Hat Pistil, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, Brew Kettle White Rajah, Ithaca Flower Power, New Belgium Fat Tire, Deschutes Black Butte Porter, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale and Rivertowne of Pittsburgh Hala Kahiki. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each.
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield (as of June 19th) has Boulder Flashback Ale, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, Rivertown Blueberry Lager, Kona Longboard, Deschutes Black Butte Porter, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon, Bell’s Oberon, Fifty West Punch You In The IPA, New Belgium Snapshot, Rhinegeist Spike, Rivertowne of Pittsburgh Hala Kahiki, Brew Kettle White Rajah, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Peach Wheat. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each.
● Lehr’s Meats Milford Ohio (as of May 28th) has Rhinegeist Spike ($14.99), Mt Carmel Summer Wheat ($10.99), Elevator Big Vic ($10.99), Great Lakes Rye of the Tiger ($10.99), Lost Coast Tangerine ($9.99), Stone IPA ($12.99), Highland Little Hump ($9.99) and Highland Kashmir ($9.99).
● Liquor Cabinet in Hebron (as of June 19th) has MadTree Lift, Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Founders Porter, Schlafly Hop Harvest, West Sixth Amber, Fort Collins Rocky Mountain IPA, Abita Seersucker Summer Pils and Madtree Gnarly Brown.
● Market Wines (as of May 30th) has Blank Slate Out and About Summer, Fathead’s Trail Head Pale Ale, Southern Tier Choklat, Dark Horse Plead the 5th Imp Stout, Dark Horse Smells Like a Safety Meeting IPA and Founders Rubaeus. They have empty growlers (64 oz) and growelettes (32 oz) for sale for $5 each.
● One Stop Liquors in Bellevue (as of June 6th) has Mad Tree Psychopathy IPA ($9.99), Sierra Nevada Summerfest ($9.99) and Curious Traveler Lemon Shandy ($11.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● Party Source in Bellevue will now be handled by Ei8ht Ball Brewery and Tap Room. See listing above.
● Party Town in Florence (as of June 13th) has Stone Grapefruit Slam ($12.99), Heavy Seas Loose Cannon ($6.99), Mad Tree Sol Drifter ($8.99), Deschutes Inversion ($6.99), Stone Matt’s Burning Rosids ($10.99), Left Hand Oak Aged Widdershins ($15.99), MadTree Galaxy High ($14.99), Uinta Duhbe ($9.99), Evil Twin I Love You With All My Stout ($17.99), Dogfish Head Piercing Pils ($8.99), Great Lakes Tripel Dog Dare ($9.99), Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye ($7.99), Evil Twin Imperial Doughnut Break ($24.99), Sierra Nevada Harvest Single Hop IPA ($7.99), New Holland Michigan Hatter ($5.99), Left Hand Haystack Wheat ($8.99), Angry Orchard Crisp ($7.99) and Virtue Red Streak Hard Cider ($7.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● Remke Hyde Park (as of Nov. 13th) has Breckenridge 471 IPA ($19.99), Breckenride Vanilla Porter ($11.99), Blank Slate Ryesing Up ($14.99), Blank Slate Fork in the Road ($12.99) and Rivertown Bourbon Pumpkin ($15.99). New growlers are $5.99 each. [Thanks to Shannon S. for the update.]
● Remke Skytop (as of Jan. 31st) has New Belgium Fat Tire ($12.99), New Belgium White IPA ($12.99), Blank Slate Lesser Path ($12.99), New Belgium Ranger IPA ($12.99) and Rivertown Roebling ($15.99). Happy hour special – $2 off drafter beers Mondays-Thursdays 3:00-6:00 pm [Thanks to Eugene Tavares for the update.]
● United Liquor in Florence (as of May 15th) now has twelve taps. They currently have Madtree Rubus Cucao ($13.99), Madtree PsycHOPathy ($10.99), Lagunitas IPA ($10.99), Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald ($9.99), KY Bourbon Ale ($11.99), Schlafly Bourbon Barrel Ale ($10.99), Brew Kettle White Rajah ($16.99), Goose Island Season ($9.99), Sam Adams Angry Orchard ($11.99), Dogfish 90 min ($12.99), Bell’s Oberon ($9.99), Stone Arrogant Bastard ($16.99). All prices based on 64 oz growler. Buy a new growler and get a free glass.
● Valley Wine & Spirits Edgewood (as of June 3rd) has Lagunitas IPA, Goose Island Ten Hills Pale Ale, Bell’s Oberon, Breckenridge Ophelia and West Sixth Heller Heaven.
● Valley Wine & Spirits Fort Wright (as of June 3rd) has Goose Island Endless IPA, Great Lakes Chillwave, Sierra Nevada Harvest, Sierra Nevada Ovila Mandarin, Madtree Sprye, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Founders All Day IPA, Anchor Summer and Dogfish Head 90 Minute.
● Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings (as of April 22nd) are Bell’s Consecrator ($7 pint, $14 32 oz, $27 64 oz), Lagunitas IPA ($3 pint, $6 32 oz, $10 64 oz), MadTree Ruck Stop ($3 pint, $6 32 oz, $11 64 oz), Stone Go To IPA ($4 pint, $8 32 oz, $15 64 oz), Ommegang Game of Thrones Fire and Blood ($4 pint, $8 32 oz, $16 64 oz) and Mt. Carmel Coffee Brown ($5 pint, $9 32 oz, $17 64 oz). [Thanks to Ed Paff for the update.]
● Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings (as of Dec. 15th) are Left Hand Fade to Black vol. 5, Breckenridge Christmas Ale, Cismontane Coulter IPA, Great Divide Hibernation Ale, Blank Slate Brewing Fume Cherrywood Smoked Porter and Anderson Valley Highway 128 Pale Ale. For a new growler, add $3.99.