We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
NEWS – We are sad to report that the Liquor Cabinet in Hebron, KY has closed. Those of us who live in the area will definitely miss them.
● Everything’s d’ Vine Tasting is at 5:30 pm each week and costs $10 for beer and wine tastings. You can get just beer or just wine for $5.00. For this week’s tasting (8/15), the beers are Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA, Upland Dragonfly IPA, Jackie O’s Firefly Amber and Hoppin’ Frog Oktoberfest.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (8/15), the beers are Rhinegeist. Pints are usually $3 (occasionally $4 or $5).
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (8/15), it’s a Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tasting. Beers include Chico King (3 Floyd’s collaboration), Maillard’s Odyssey (Bell’s collaboration), There and Back (New Glarus collaboration) and Flipside. Pints are usually $3.
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Party Town – Friday Night Flights usually features six to eight beers each week and goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (8/15), the beers are new beers and fall seasonals from Rivertown, Schlafly, Southern Tier, Anderson Valley among others. The regular tasting is $2.00. For $4.00, you can enjoy a pint of Founders Backstage series Dissenter Imperial IPL or a 9 oz. pour of the De Proef/Surly collaboration brew Long Of Tooth.
● Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six delicious bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
● Ei8ht Ball Brewing – For next week’s Rare Keg Monday, they will be tapping and releasing bottles of Blue Melvin, their Bourbon Barreled Blueberry Cream Stout that is a Quaff Bros. and Fifty West collaboration.
● Lots of other great weekend events coming this weekend. More information for all of them in our This Week in Beer post.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom