We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing. Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
With CINCINNATI BEER WEEK winding down, we will have more events than usual listed this week. And, because we will be out of town most of the weekend, any late changes or additions may not get updated.
• HAPPY GRAND OPENING, NINE GIANT! – You can celebrate Cincinnati Beer Week at the newest Cincinnati Brewery starting tomorrow. Located at 6095 Montgomery Rd in Cincinnati, they promise Nine Giant beer, guest beer, wine for “your ‘I don’t like beer’ friends” and more. Welcome!
• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, RHINEGEIST! – Join the celebration tomorrow from noon to midnight. For more information like the hourly tappings, check out their Facebook event page.
• OTR Beerfest at Washington Park – This year, it’s on two nights (Friday, June 24th and Saturday, June 25th) and there will be draft as well as canned beer. Get your VIP tickets for extra perks at http://otrbeerfest.com/buy-tickets/
• Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Erie Brewing Company tasting today from 4:00-7:00 pm. Beers include Soleil Shandy, Derailed Cherry Inspired Cream Ale, Railbender Ale Scottish Style Ale and another beer to be determined.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are celebrating Cincinnati Beer Week at Fairfield and at Eastgate, it’s New Belgium and Rhinegeist beers including their collaboration on Rhinegeist Fat Pale Ale.
— On Saturday from 4:00-10:00 pm, the Eastgate Jungle Jim’s will have a Alltech Lexington Brewing tap takeover in their Paraside Pavilion. Pints and flights available.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they are celebrating local brewers with several collaboration draft by the glass pour selections for $3.00. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
• Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
TAPPINGS and RELEASES
• Braxton Brewing – Bagels, Beer Jelly, and Beermosas Friday Morning. Lil’s Bagels and jellies made out of Storm, Twisted Bit, Dead Blow and Nectar Mexican Lager with Agave.
– Braxton Summertrip Passion Fruit Berliner Weisse & Crowler Launch Party Friday starting at 5:30 pm plus for June Firkin Friday, it’s Nectar Mexican Lager with Agave (their Cincinnati Beer Week Collaborative Beer) with lime and salt.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Fat Head’s Friday starting at 5:00 pm. Beers include Headhunter, Midnight Moonlite, Trailhead, and a firkin of Jungle Juice Head Hunter.
• Christian Moerlein Malt House – Moerlein Bomber Bash Saturday starting at 6:00 pm. You an get a four-pack including: 1000Weiss, Wild Hunt Cascadian Ale, Twelve/163 Brandy Barrel Aged Quad and Eleven/162 Bourbon Barrel Aged Wee Heavy; plus 2 snifter glasses for $35. There is no bottle limit and they’ll have all the beers on tap as well.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight is Free Bacon Night and they will be pouring beers from Deschutes including Fresh Squeezed IPA, Not The Stoic Barrel Aged Quadruple & Pinot Sauve.
• Rivertown Brewing – Tapping Passion Fruit Divergent today starting at 4:00 pm. And then Pineapple Divergent on Saturday starting at noon.
• Urban Artifact – 5 Rabbits Tap Takeover today starting at 4:00 pm. Beers include 5 Lizard, Magnifica, Paletas, Super Pils and Chocofrut Pina.
• BB Riverboats – For June, the featured brewery for their Craft Beer and BBQ Cruises is Rivertown. You can get more information and purchase your tickets at http://www.bbriverboats.com/CraftBeer-BBQ-Cruise.html
• Fifty West – The Road Not Taken Brewers’ Brunch in collaboration with Against the Grain Brewery, Sunday, June 26th at 11:00 am. For more information and to purchase tickets, go to http://fiftywestbrew.com/roadnottakenbrunch/
• Wiseguy Lounge Covington – Beer Cocktails with Christian Moerlein tonight starting at 7:00 pm. They will be using Over-The-Rhine Cider, 1000Weiss, and Moerlein’s Collaboration Beer Week beer to make the cocktails.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom