We frequently get updates for this post after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
● Everything’s d’ Vine has beer and wine tastings on Friday nights from 7:00 – 9:00 pm. Try six beers and six wines for $15 per person. The beers this week are Meantime Smoked Bock, Great Divide Fresh Hops Pale Ale, Unibroue La Fin Monde Triple-Style Golden Ale, Hitachino White Ale and Dogfish Head Noble Rot Barley Wine. There will also be sushi from Fusian.
● NEW The Liquor Cabinet in Hebron is doing a beer tasting this Saturday. They will be pouring Bell’s Smitten Golden Rye Ale, Bell’s Amber, Clipper City Loose Cannon and Clipper City Small Craft Warning. There is a small charge to taste.
● Ludlow Wines’ regular Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● For tonight’s Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence will be pouring six to eight beers. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES, BREW PUBS AND RESTAURANTS
● Buckhead Mountain Grill now does growler fills. The cost is $16 for a “fill of any craft or import beer offered in a 16oz serving size” (add $5 for a new Buckhead growler). On draft as of Nov. 16th: Great Lakes Eliot Ness, Great Lakes Christmas, Founders Harvest, Bell’s Winter White, Southern Tier 2x IPA, Oskar Blues Old Chub, Mt. Carmel Amber, Rivertown Helles, BBC Nut Brown Ale, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, PALM, Stella Artois, Blue Moon, Upland Wheat, Franziskaner Hefeweizen, Guinness, Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Thirsty Dog Irish Setter Red and Leinenkugel Snow Drift Vanilla Porter. We hear that Sierra Nevada Celebration will return when the Eliot Ness blows.
● As of December 28th, Fifty West Brewing had Coffee Please Stout, Christmas Cookie, Coast to Coast IPA, Alternate Route Brown Ale, Harley Dunkelweizen, Robinsons Circus Hefeweizen, Amber Ale, Speed Bump Kolsch and recently added – Horse and Buggy Scotch Ale, Thirty-37 Pale Ale and Forgot Stevie? Double IPA. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● As of December 28th, the growler station at Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing had Leopold Belgian Blonde, Friar Bacon Smoked Bock, Aftermath Scottish Wee Heavy, Losantiville Pre Pro Lager, Run Like Hell Red, Enter the Beagle IPA, Oktoberfest, Wiedemann’s. Both Oatmeal Sweet Stout and Chickow are coming soon. New growlers are $3.
● The following beers are currently available for growler fills at the Moerlein Lager House: Northern Liberties IPA, OTR Ale, 7 Weiss, Lager House Golden Helles, Exposition Vienna Lager, Barbarossa Double Dark Lager and POE Wee Heavy Scotch Ale. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. Growler refills are $7 on Tuesdays and Fridays. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
● As of December 28th, the growler station at Mt. Carmel’s tap room has Dewey’s Porter, Winter, Blonde, Amber, IPA, Nut Brown, Stout and 3rd Shift Imperial Coffee Stout on their new eight tap system. The cost is $8.00 for year rounds & seasonals and $18.00 for Third Shift. It’s $4 for the purchase of a growler (new design).
● The growler station at Rivertown Brewing’s tasting room has Roebling Porter, Double IPA Hop Baron, Blueberry Lager, Hop Bomber Pale Ale, Helles Lager, Dukel, Unit 6 American Hefeweizen, Winter Ale, and Bock Lager. Bottles of Death and Famine are also available at the Tap Room for $2.99 each. Growler fills are $7.99. If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
● At Rock Bottom Cincinnati, you can take home growlers of all their regular beers. Most growler fills are $13.50. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● UPDATE The Cork ‘N Bottle growler stations’ offerings are: Buttermilk Pike location – Three Floyds Pride & Joy ($8.25), Bad Attitude Hobo IPA (swiss) ($19.99), Oskar Blues Old Chub ($10.99), Stone IPA ($12.99), North Coast Red Seal ($10.99), Dogfish Head Chicory Stout ($12.50), Brooklyn Pilsner ($8.99) and Flying Dog Wildman Belgian Ale ($11.49); Covington location – Six Point Spice of Life Columbus Hop ($9.99), Blank Slate India Amber ($10.99), Brooklyn Maple Porter ($6.99), North Coast Scrimshaw ($8.99), Left Hand Chainsaw Ale ($17.50), Lore Brewing Galactic Imperial IPA ($9.99), Anchor porter $10.99 and Great Lakes Blackout Stout ($12.99).
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot (8315 Beechmont Ave., Anderson, OH) has North Coast Old Rasputin, Two Brothers Domine Dupage, Harpoon Leviathan IPA, Brooklyn Fiat Lux, Mt. Carmel Obsidian, Dark Horse Thirsty Trout, Great Lakes Christmas and Abita Vanilla Double Dog.
● As of January 25th, the growler station at DEP’s in Covington has Blue Moon Pine In The Neck ($11.99), Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye ($6.99), Dogfish Head Indian Brown ($7.99), Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale ($7.99), Southern Tier Chokolat Stout ($12.99), Blank Slate Movin’ On ($8.99), Blank Slate Fume Cherrywood Smoked Porter ($8.99), Schlafly Tasmanian IPA ($10.99), Avery IPA ($8.99), Founders Old Curmudgeon ($13.99), Fox Barrel Pear Cider ($7.99), Sierra Nevada Estate Organic ($12.99), Heavy Seas Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine ($18.99), Anderson Valley Heelch O’ Hops Double IPA ($9.99), Schlafly Bourbon ($10.99), Widmer Brothers BRRRRRR ($16.99), Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale ($5.99), New Holland Black Hatter ($11.99), DogFish Head Burton Baton ($19.99), Sixpoint Diesel ($11.99), North Coast Pranqster ($11.99), Anubis Coffee Porter ($16.99), Southern Tier 2XStout ($12.99) and Green Flash Grand Cru ($15.99). Their growler price is $4 “with a credit of $2 if you return an old growler.”
● As of December 23rd, the growler station offerings at the new Jungle Jim’s Eastgate included Yuengling Black & Tan ($7), Bear Republic Racer X ($25), Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale ($11), Rivertown Winter Ale ($12), Upland Dragonfly IPA ($11), Affligem Noel ($20), Alltech’s Lexington Brewing Bourbon Barrel Stout ($16), Mt. Carmel Obsidian Imperial Black Rye IPA ($17), Southern Tier Old Man Winter ($12), Alltech’s Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($13) and Breckenridge Vanilla Porter ($13). Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and we’re hearing that they will only fill their own growlers. As always, samples are 25 cents each.
● The growler station at the Liquor Cabinet (1990 N Bend Rd # A Hebron, KY) has Sam Adams Merry Mischief Gingerbread Stout, Brooklyn There Will Be Black IPA, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter and Anderson Valley Heelch O’hops.
● As of January 25th, the growler station at Market Wines in Findlay Market has Uinta Hot Notch IPA $4.00/glass $18/growler), Southern Tier Choklat ($6.00/glass $20.00/growler), Bell’s Smitten Golden Rye Ale ($4.00/glass $12.00/growler) and Oskar Blues Old Chub ($4.00/glass $10.00/growler). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● On the growler station at One Stop Liquors (10 Donnermeyer Dr., Bellevue, KY), they currently have Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter ($9.99), Rivertown Winter Ale ($9.99) and Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($10.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● On the growler station at Party Source in Bellevue: Nogne O Kollaborator ($21.99 64oz $10.99 32oz), Blank Slate Movin’ On ($10.99 64oz $5.50 32oz), Dogfish Head 90 Min. IPA ($14.99 64oz $7.50 32oz), Saint Somewhere Athene Saison ($22.99 64oz $11.50 32oz), Rivertown Death ($14.99 64oz $7.50 32oz), Mikkeller Stout ($18.99 64oz $9.50 32oz), Against the Grain Hack Saaz ($14.99 64oz $7.50 32oz) and Upland Teddy Bear Kisses ($14.99 64oz $7.50 32oz). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● On the growler station at Party Town in Florence: Bell’s Oberon ($5.99), Abita Vanilla Double Dog ($9.99), Arcadia Hop Mouth ($7.99), Dark Horse Tres Blueberry ($7.99), Founders Breakfast Stout ($10.99), Lore Girls Gone Mild ($6.99), Lion Stout ($12.99), New Holland Farmhouse Hatter ($9.99), New Holland Oak Aged Hatter ($10.99), New Holland Blue Sunday Sour ($26.99), Rivertown Pestilence ($10.99), Rivertown Famine Bavarian Black Wheat ($10.99), Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale $7.99 ), Rogue Yellow Snow ($9.99), Sixpoint Righteous Ale ($9.99), Sixpoint Diesel ($9.99), Upland Schwarz Black Lager ($6.99) and Woodchuck Amber cider ($6.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● Two Remke locations now have growler stations in their stores. As of January 25th, the Hyde Park Remke has four Rivertown beers on tap and the Skytop Remke has Blue Moon Valencia Grove Amber, Blue Moon Pine In The Neck, Leinenkugel Big Eddy Russian Imperial stout, Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler and Redd’s Apple Ale.
● As of October 25th, United Liquor in Florence has Southern Tier Pumpking, KY Bourbon Ale, Great Lakes Oktoberfest, Harpoon Rye IPA, Dogfish 60 min IPA, and Big Eddy Imperial IPA.
● As of January 11th, Valley Wine & Spirits had Oskar Blues G’Knight Imperial Red, Thirsty Dog Siberian Imperial Stout, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Upland Winter Warmer, Southern Tier Choklat Stout, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Three Floyds Gumballhead, Henry Weinhard’s Woodland Pass IPA, Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout and Goose Island Mild Winter.
● As of Jan. 28th, Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings are Bison Organic Gingerbread Ale, Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA, Embree’s Northern Dark Baltic Porter, Alltech’s Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale,
Uinta Hop Notch IPA and Kona Pipeline Porter. Regular fill prices are $7.49 for the 32 oz growler and $14.99 for the 64 oz growler. They also have Happy Hour pricing on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm with $4.99 for the 32 oz growler and $9.99 for the 64 oz growler. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks once again to Ed Paff for the update.]
● As of Jan. 25th, Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings are Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat, Mt. Carmel Blonde Ale, New Holland Cabin Fever Brown Ale, Two Brothers Cane & Ebel Hopped Up Red Rye, Anderson Valley Brewing Imperial IPA and Founders Brewing Breakfast Stout. For a new growler, add $3.99.