We frequently get updates for this post after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
● Newly opened Everything’s d’ Vine will be having beer tastings on Friday nights starting at 5:00 pm including tonight!
● Ludlow Wines’ regular Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm.
● For tonight’s Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence will be pouring new seasonal beers including a limited release bourbon barrel-aged barley wine from Heavy Seas. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES, BREW PUBS AND RESTAURANTS
● As we told you last week, Buckhead Mountain Grill now does growler fills. The cost is $16 for a “fill of any craft or import beer offered in a 16oz serving size” (add $5 for a new Buckhead growler). On draft as of Nov. 16th: Great Lakes Eliot Ness, Great Lakes Christmas, Founders Harvest, Bell’s Winter White, Southern Tier 2x IPA, Oskar Blues Old Chub, Mt. Carmel Amber, Rivertown Helles, BBC Nut Brown Ale, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, PALM, Stella Artois, Blue Moon, Upland Wheat, Franziskaner Hefeweizen, Guinness, Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Thirsty Dog Irish Setter Red and Leinenkugel Snow Drift Vanilla Porter. We hear that Sierra Nevada Celebration will return when the Eliot Ness blows.
● The growler station at Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing has Leopold Belgian Blonde, Friar Bacon Smoked Bock, Aftermath Scottish Wee Heavy, Losantiville Pre Pro Lager, Run Like Hell Red, Enter the Beagle IPA, Oktoberfest, Wiedemann’s. Both Oatmeal Sweet Stout and Chickow are coming soon. New growlers are $3.
● Did you know that the Moerlein Lager House has growlers? The following beers are currently available for growler fills: Lager House Golden Helles, Barbarossa, OTR, Northern Liberties, 7 Weiss, Exposition Vienna Lager, Fifth & Vine Marzen and Hell town Rye-ot Brown. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
● As of Nov. 21st, the growler station at Mt. Carmel’s tap room has Dewey’s Porter, Winter, Blonde, Amber, IPA, Nut Brown, Stout and 3rd Shift Imperial Coffee Stout on their new eight tap system. The cost is $8.00 for year rounds & seasonals and $18.00 for Third Shift. It’s $4 for the purchase of a growler (new design).
● The growler station at Rivertown Brewing’s tasting room has their Helles, Dunkel, Hop Bomber, Jenneke, Hop Baron, Blueberry Lager, Roebling, Unit 6, Wit, Pumpkin Ale and hopefully their Winter ale. Growler fills are $7.99. If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
● At Rock Bottom Cincinnati, you can take home growlers of all their regular beers plus Mocha Imperial Stout ($65 for a growler), the Buffalo Gold (not the bourbon barrel version) and Pumpkin Ale. As of this past Tuesday, they also have their Winter Tartan (a malty Scottish ale with a hint of vanilla). Most growler fills are $13.50. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● As of Nov. 28th, Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot (8315 Beechmont Ave., Anderson, OH) has Ballast Point Big Eye IPA, Sixpoint Resin Ale, Dogfish Chicory Stout, Chouffe Houblon, Great Lakes Christmas Ale, Mt. Carmel Winter, Brooklyn Blast! Ale and Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti.
● As of Nov. 23rd, the growler station at DEP’s in Covington had Lion Stout ($8.99), Green Flash Special ($18.99), Sam Adams Fat Jack and Shiner Ruby Red ($6.59). At their Fort Thomas location, the new 24-tap growler station has Upland Wheat ($5.99), Batch 19 ($5.99), Oskar Blues Mama’s Yella Pils ($5.99), Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale ($6.99), Oskar Blues Old Chub Scotch Ale ($8.99), Oskar Blues G’Knight Imperial Red ($10.99), Oskar Blues TenFidy Stout ($14.99), Oskar Blues Deviant Dale IPA ($10.99), Blue Moon Spiced Caramel Apple ($7.99), Henry Weinhards IPA ($5.99), Flying Dog Raging Bitch ($11.99), Leinenkugel Big Eddy Baltic Porter ($8.99), Upland Octoberfest ($5.99), New Albanian Hoptimus ($10.99), Abita Fallfest ($7.99), Widmer Brothers Milk Stout ($16.99), Cumberland Smoked Pumpkin ($7.99), Founders Breakfast Stout ($16.99), Lore Brown Ale ($6.99), Sierra Nevada Summerfest ($5.99), Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine ($15.99), Stone Oaked Bastard ($11.99), DogFish Head Namaste ($10.99) and Great Lakes Christmas Ale ($13.99). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● As of November 3rd, the growler station offerings at the new Jungle Jim’s Eastgate included Yuengling Black & Tan ($7), Founders Breakfast Stout ($22), Cellar Rats Field Rat Wheat ($11), Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale ($11), Upland Dragonfly IPA ($11), Great Lakes Christmas Ale ($12), Thirsty Dog 12 Dogs of Christmas ($13), Breckenridge Christmas Ale ($13), Southern Tier 2XMAS ($15), Brooklyn Blast ($16), Breckenridge Vanilla Porter and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($13). Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and we’re hearing that they will only fill their own growlers. As always, samples are 25 cents each. (Thanks to Eric Dunaway of Jungle Jim’s for this information!)
● As of November 16th, the growler station at the Liquor Cabinet (1990 N Bend Rd # A Hebron, KY) has Brooklyn Mary’s Maple Porter, Arcadia IPA, New Holland Poet Oatmeal Stout, Anderson Valley Winter Solstice.
● As of November 17th, the growler station at Market Wines in Findlay Market has Bell’s Winter White Ale ($4.00/glass $12/ growler*), Bell’s Double Cream Stout ($5.00/glass $14.00/growler), Ommegang Scythe and Sickle ($5.00/glass $14.00/growler) and Brooklyn Lager ($4.00/glass $12.00/ growler). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● As of November 16th, on the growler station at One Stop Liquors (10 Donnermeyer Dr., Bellevue, KY), they currently have Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter ($9.99), Founders Breakfast Stout ($15.99) and Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($10.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● On the growler station at Party Source in Bellevue: Beer Here SoD ($20.99 64oz $10.50 32oz), Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale ($10.99 64oz $5.50 32oz), Oskar Blues Deviant Dale’s IPA ($18.99 64oz $9.50 32oz), Quaff Bros. Joseph ($17.99 64oz $9.00 32oz), Huvila Arctic Circle Ale ($20.99 64oz $10.50 32oz), Southern Tier Pumpking ($14.99 64oz $7.50 32oz) and Widmer Milk Stout Milk Stout ($9.99 64oz $5.00 32oz). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● On the growler station at Party Town in Florence: Anderson Valley Mendo Mello Fresh Hop Pale Ale ($9.99), Anderson Valley El Stienber Dark Lager ($7.99), Belhaven Twisted Thistle IPA ($11.99), Cumberland Roasted Pumpkin Ale ($6.99), Dark Horse Scotty Karate Scotch Ale ($7.99), Dogfish Head Miles Davis Bitch’s Brew Imperial Stout ($24.99), Great Lakes Black Out Stout ($11.99), Great Lakes Eliot Ness Amber Lager ($7.99), Green Flash Double Stout ($9.99), Founders Red’s Rye PA ($10.99), Founders Breakfast Stout ($10.99), New Holland Ichabod Pumpkin Ale ($9.99), New Holland Dragon’s Milk Stout ($12.99), Sixpoint Bengali Tiger IPA ($9.99), Sixpoint Mad Scientist Sour ($14.99), Upland Harvest IPA ($9.99), Widmer Brothers Milk Stout ($11.99), Woodchuck Winter Cider ($6.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● As of October 25th, United Liquor in Florence has Southern Tier Pumpking, KY Bourbon Ale, Great Lakes Oktoberfest, Harpoon Rye IPA, Dogfish 60 min IPA, and Big Eddy Imperial IPA.
● Valley Wine & Spirits has Upland Dragonfly Imperial IPA, Thirsty Dog Siberian Imperial Stout, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Leinenkugel’s Vanilla Porter, Widmer’s Brrr, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Southern Tier 2XMAS, Sam Adams Merry Mischief and Bell’s Amber Ale.
● As of Oct. 23rd, Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings are Sixpoint Autumnation, Green Flash Friendship, Hopfield & McCoy IPA, Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, Anderson Valley Brother David’s Triple and 21st Amendment Zambo Imperial Red Ale. Regular fill prices are $7.49 for the 32 oz growler and $14.99 for the 64 oz growler. They also have Happy Hour pricing on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm with $4.99 for the 32 oz growler and $9.99 for the 64 oz growler. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks once again to Ed Paff for the update.]
● As of Nov. 18th, Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings are Sam Adams Merry Mischief, Smuttynose Big A IPA, Heavy Seas Winter Storm Imperial ESB, Breckenridge Agave Wheat, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, & Kentucky Bourbon Ale. For a new growler, add $3.99.