We frequently get updates for this post after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
● Newly opened Everything’s d’ Vine will be having beer tastings on Friday nights starting at 5:00 pm including tonight!
● Ludlow Wines’ regular Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Reminder – There are no Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence for the rest of 2012. Friday Night Flights will start back up in January.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES, BREW PUBS AND RESTAURANTS
● Buckhead Mountain Grill now does growler fills. The cost is $16 for a “fill of any craft or import beer offered in a 16oz serving size” (add $5 for a new Buckhead growler). On draft as of Nov. 16th: Great Lakes Eliot Ness, Great Lakes Christmas, Founders Harvest, Bell’s Winter White, Southern Tier 2x IPA, Oskar Blues Old Chub, Mt. Carmel Amber, Rivertown Helles, BBC Nut Brown Ale, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, PALM, Stella Artois, Blue Moon, Upland Wheat, Franziskaner Hefeweizen, Guinness, Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Thirsty Dog Irish Setter Red and Leinenkugel Snow Drift Vanilla Porter. We hear that Sierra Nevada Celebration will return when the Eliot Ness blows.
● The growler station at Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing has Leopold Belgian Blonde, Friar Bacon Smoked Bock, Aftermath Scottish Wee Heavy, Losantiville Pre Pro Lager, Run Like Hell Red, Enter the Beagle IPA, Oktoberfest, Wiedemann’s. Both Oatmeal Sweet Stout and Chickow are coming soon. New growlers are $3.
● Did you know that the Moerlein Lager House has growlers? The following beers are currently available for growler fills: Lager House Golden Helles, Barbarossa, OTR, Northern Liberties, 7 Weiss, Exposition Vienna Lager, Fifth & Vine Marzen and POE Wee Heavy Scotch Ale. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
● The growler station at Mt. Carmel’s tap room has Dewey’s Porter, Winter, Blonde, Amber, IPA, Nut Brown, Stout and 3rd Shift Imperial Coffee Stout on their new eight tap system. The cost is $8.00 for year rounds & seasonals and $18.00 for Third Shift. It’s $4 for the purchase of a growler (new design).
● The growler station at Rivertown Brewing’s tasting room has their Helles, Dunkel, Hop Bomber, Hop Baron, Blueberry Lager, Roebling, Unit 6, Winter Ale, Death and a sweet potato stout (7.2 ABV and 35 IBUs). Bottles of Death and Famine are also available at the Tap Room for $2.99 each. Growler fills are $7.99. If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
● At Rock Bottom Cincinnati, you can take home growlers of all their regular beers plus Mocha Imperial Stout ($65 for a growler), the Buffalo Gold (not the bourbon barrel version) and Pumpkin Ale. As of this past Tuesday, they also have their Winter Tartan (a malty Scottish ale with a hint of vanilla). Most growler fills are $13.50. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot (8315 Beechmont Ave., Anderson, OH) has Smuttynose Scotch Ale, Founders Centennial IPA, Dogfish Head Chicory Stout, Blank Slate Fume, Rivertown Famine, Great Lakes Christmas Ale and Breckenridge Christmas.
● As of Nov. 23rd, the growler station at DEP’s in Covington had Lion Stout ($8.99), Green Flash Special ($18.99), Sam Adams Fat Jack and Shiner Ruby Red ($6.59). At their Fort Thomas location, the new 24-tap growler station has Upland Wheat ($5.99), Batch 19 ($5.99), Oskar Blues Mama’s Yella Pils ($5.99), Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale ($6.99), Oskar Blues Old Chub Scotch Ale ($8.99), Oskar Blues G’Knight Imperial Red ($10.99), Oskar Blues TenFidy Stout ($14.99), Oskar Blues Deviant Dale IPA ($10.99), Blue Moon Spiced Caramel Apple ($7.99), Henry Weinhards IPA ($5.99), Flying Dog Raging Bitch ($11.99), Leinenkugel Big Eddy Baltic Porter ($8.99), Upland Octoberfest ($5.99), New Albanian Hoptimus ($10.99), Abita Fallfest ($7.99), Widmer Brothers Milk Stout ($16.99), Cumberland Smoked Pumpkin ($7.99), Founders Breakfast Stout ($16.99), Lore Brown Ale ($6.99), Sierra Nevada Summerfest ($5.99), Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine ($15.99), Stone Oaked Bastard ($11.99), DogFish Head Namaste ($10.99) and Great Lakes Christmas Ale ($13.99). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● As of November 3rd, the growler station offerings at the new Jungle Jim’s Eastgate included Yuengling Black & Tan ($7), Founders Breakfast Stout ($22), Cellar Rats Field Rat Wheat ($11), Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale ($11), Upland Dragonfly IPA ($11), Great Lakes Christmas Ale ($12), Thirsty Dog 12 Dogs of Christmas ($13), Breckenridge Christmas Ale ($13), Southern Tier 2XMAS ($15), Brooklyn Blast ($16), Breckenridge Vanilla Porter and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($13). Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and we’re hearing that they will only fill their own growlers. As always, samples are 25 cents each. (Thanks to Eric Dunaway of Jungle Jim’s for this information!)
● The growler station at the Liquor Cabinet (1990 N Bend Rd # A Hebron, KY) has Moerlein Christkindl Winter Ale, Brooklyn Brown Ale, Schlafly Coffee Stout and Left Hand Milk Stout.
● The growler station at Market Wines in Findlay Market has Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye ($5.00/glass $14/ growler), 21st Amendment Fireside Chat ($4.00/glass $12.00/growler), Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout ($6.00/glass $18.00/growler) and Tröegs Mad Elf Ale ($6.00/glass $18.00/ growler). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● On the growler station at One Stop Liquors (10 Donnermeyer Dr., Bellevue, KY), they currently have Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter ($9.99), Founders Breakfast Stout ($15.99) and Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($10.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● On the growler station at Party Source in Bellevue: Beer Here SoD ($20.99 64oz $10.50 32oz), Sam Adams Blueberry Hill ($15.99 64oz $8.00 32oz), Schlafly Tasmanian IPA ($10.99 64oz $5.50 32oz), Quaff Bros. Joseph ($17.99 64oz $9.00 32oz), Goose Island Naughty Goose ($11.99 64oz $6.00 32oz), Huvila Arctic Circle ($20.99 64oz $10.50 32oz), New Holland White Hatter ($16.99 64oz $8.50 32oz) and Widmer Milk Stout Milk Stout ($12.99 64oz $6.50 32oz). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● On the growler station at Party Town in Florence: Three Floyds Robert the Bruce Scottish Ale ($6.99), Against The Grain Kottbusser Session Ale ($5.99), Against The Grain Gnag Reflex Sour Brown Ale ($7.99), Alltech Bourbon Barrel Coffee Stout ($7.99), Blank Slate Fork in the Road India Amber Ale ($8.99), Dark Horse Crooked Tree India Pale Ale ($7.99), Evil Twin/Westbrook Mini Growler Imperial Stout ($16.99), Moerlein Christkindl Winter Warmer ($7.99), New Holland Ichabod Pumpkin Ale ($9.99), Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout ($17.99), Palm Pale Ale ($9.99), Rivertown Death Ghost Chili Stout ($15.99), Southern Tier Choklat Imperial Stout ($11.99), St. Louis Framboise ($23.99), Stone Double B@$t@rd American Strong Ale ($17.99), Stone IPA ($8.99), Widmer Brothers Brrrbon Brrel Aged Winter Warmer ($15.99) and Woodchuck Winter oak aged cider ($6.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● As of October 25th, United Liquor in Florence has Southern Tier Pumpking, KY Bourbon Ale, Great Lakes Oktoberfest, Harpoon Rye IPA, Dogfish 60 min IPA, and Big Eddy Imperial IPA.
● As of December 14th, Valley Wine & Spirits has Oskar Blues G’Knight Imperial Red, Thirsty Dog Siberian Imperial Stout, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Leinenkugel Vanilla Porter, Southern Tier Choklat Stout, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Southern Tier 2xmas, Sam Adams Merry Mischief and Goose Island Sofie.
● As of Dec. 5th, Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings are Brooklyn Blast Pale Ale, Angry Orchard Crisp Apple, Boulder Freshtracks Wet Hopped Ale, Alltech Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout, Avery Old Jubilation Ale and Dogfish Head Chicory Stout. Regular fill prices are $7.49 for the 32 oz growler and $14.99 for the 64 oz growler. They also have Happy Hour pricing on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm with $4.99 for the 32 oz growler and $9.99 for the 64 oz growler. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks once again to Ed Paff for the update.]
● As of Nov. 18th, Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings are Sam Adams Merry Mischief, Smuttynose Big A IPA, Heavy Seas Winter Storm Imperial ESB, Breckenridge Agave Wheat, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, & Kentucky Bourbon Ale. For a new growler, add $3.99.