We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Growlers Report after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
TASTINGS AND TAPPINGS
UPDATE ● Everything’s d’ Vine – This week’s tasting is canceled due to a personal emergency.
● Liquor Cabinet – Beer and wine tastings on Friday (8/23) from 4:00 to 8:00 pm and Saturday (8/24) from 2:00 to 6:00 pm. Beers include Crabbie’s Ginger Beer, Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale, Great Lakes Oktoberfest and Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA.
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
UPDATE ● Mio’s Blue Ash Pizzeria & Cafe is hosting a MadTree beer tasting today (8/23) from 5:00 – 7:00 pm.
● Party Town – Friday Night Flights features six to eight beers each week. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. This week’s beers (8/23) are from Anchorage Brewing Co., Smuttynose, Sierra Nevada, Evil Twin among others. The featured pint of the week is Local Option “Morning Wood” for $5.00 per pint starting at 5:30 pm.
UPDATE ● Valley Wine & Spirits is having a beer tasting today from 4:30 – 7:30 pm. Beers include Green Flash Rayon Vert, Green Flash Imperial IPA, Green Flash Hop Head Red and Green Flash San Diego Saison.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES
UPDATE ● Christian Moerlein Craft Brewery (as of August 23rd) have Philipus Kolsch, Coffee Porter, Se7en, OTR, Lager House, Northern Liberties, Barbarossa, Exposition, Hudy Classic Porter and 5th & Vine Märzen. $7 for Growler refills every Friday, $10 Growler refills on Saturday & Sunday. New growlers are $5. Tap Room is located at 1621 Moore Street in Cincinnati’s Historic Over-The-Rhine Brewery District.
● Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing (as of April 4th) have Lateral Oatmeal Sweet Stout, Triple Digit Aftermath, Triple Digit Gravitator, Friar Bacon Smoked Bock, Jungle Honey, Leopold Belgian Blonde, Triple Digit Chickow!, Nutcase Peanut Butter Porter, Pre-Prohibition Lager and a brand new beer: Serpentine Wheat. New growlers are $3.
● MadTree Brewing (as of June 27th) has PsycHOPathy ($10), Happy Amber ($10), Gnarly Brown ($10), Pleasant Wheat ($10), Wheat Eater ($10), Axis Mundi ($15), Flight of Simcoe ($10) and Identity Crisis ($12.50 – currently out, but back soon). New growlers are $5 and they will fill other growlers.
● Mt. Carmel Brewing (as of August 2nd) has Nut Brown, Amber, Stout, Blonde, IPA, Summer Wheat, Dew Wheat, and Harvest Ale. The cost is $8.00 for year rounds and seasonals. Specialty beers (like Ardennes Belgian Quad in the past) are $18.00. It’s $4 for the purchase of a growler. [Thanks to Shayne Brammer for this update.]
● Rhinegeist Brewery (as of June 28th) has Cougar Gold ($6 for 32 oz, $10 for 64 oz), Truth West Coast IPA ($8 for 32 oz, $12 for 64 oz), Uncle British Mild ($6 for 32 oz, $10 for 64 oz) & Spikelet Hoppy Wheat ($6 for 32 oz, $10 for 64 oz). Saber Tooth Tiger Imperial IPA to be tapped Saturday, August 3rd. Pricing is for refills. New growlers are $5 for either the 32 or 64 oz.
● Rivertown Brewing (as of August 17th) has Helles Lager, Blueberry Lager, Dunkel Lager, Jenneke Belgian Golden Ale, Unit 6 American Hefeweizen, Hop Bomber Pale Ale, Lil’ SIPA, Hop Baron DIPA, Pumpkin Ale and Roebling Vanilla Espresso Porter. Growler fills are $8.50 for most beers and high gravity beers are $11.70 (both prices are with tax). If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra. Sour Cherry Porter Bottles are $13.99 plus tax (limited two).
GROWLERS AT BREW PUBS
● Fifty West Brewing (as of April 4th) has Alternate Route, Armadillo Crossing, Coast to Coast, Coffee Please, Gaddy’s Irish Red, Interstate Ryeway, Main Street Amber, Robinson’s Circus, Shifting Gears, Speedbump Kolsch and Thirty-37. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● Moerlein Lager House (as of August 14th) has Barbarossa, Helles Golden Lager, Northern Liberties IPA, OTR Ale and Seven Hefeweizen Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. Growler refills are $7 on Tuesdays and Fridays. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. They only fill their own growlers.
● Rock Bottom Cincinnati sells growlers of all their regular beers. Most growler fills are $13.50. They only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT RESTAURANTS
● Adriatico’s now does growler fills. An empty growler is $5 and it sounds like they only fill their own. Pricing varies by beer. As of August 20th, the beers include Breckenridge Avalanche, Hudepohl Amber, Mt. Carmel Amber, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Yuengling Black and Tan, Angry Orchard, Original Sin Cider, Abita Purple Haze, Rivertown Blueberry Lager, St. Louis Framboise, Bell’s Two Hearted Ale, Boulder Mojo IPA Nitro, Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, Founders Centennial IPA, Rhinegeist Truth, Stone IPA, Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Stella Artois, Yuengling Lager, Moerlein OTR, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Guinness, Left Hand Milk Stout, Blue Moon, Hoegaarden Wheat Beer and Weihenstephan Hefeweissen.
● BrewRiver GastroPub is doing to go 64oz growler fills of all 23 of their draft beers. As of August 20th, those beers include Clipper City Heavy Seas Holy Sheet, MadTree Gnarly Brown Ale, MadTree Happy Amber, Rhinegeist Saber Tooth Tiger Imperial IPA, Rhinegeist Spikelet, Southern Tier Plum Noir, Listermann Beagle In the Rye IPA, Listermann Jungle Honey Pale Ale, Listermann Leopold Belgian Blonde, Listermann Losantiville Pre-Prohibition Lager, Listermann Nutcase Peanut Butter Porter, Triple Digit Chickow, Abita Lemon Wheat, Black Diamond Rampage Imperial IPA, Jolly Pumpkin Oro De Calabaza, Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro, Left Hand Safety Round Ale, Lexington Kentucky Kolsch, Liefmans Cuvee Brut, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, Original Sin Apple Cider, Three Floyds Robert The Bruce, Two Brothers Bitter End Pale Ale and Uinta Hop Notch IPA.
● Buckhead Mountain Grill does growler fills. As of April 18th, they had Falls City, West Sixth IPA, Upland Wheat, Angry Orchard Crisp, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, Rivertown Blueberry Lager, Mt. Carmel Amber, Mt. Carmel Nut Brown, Southern Tier 2X IPA, Blue Moon, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, Samuel Adams Summer Ale, Third Shift Amber Lager, Bell’s Oberon, Franziskaner Hefe, Guinness, Stella Artois, Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale, Miller Lite and Bud Light. The cost is $16 for a “fill of any craft or import beer offered in a 16oz serving size” (add $5 for a new Buckhead growler).
● Flipdaddy’s (both locations) also does growler fills. At their Wooster Pike location, their permanent drafts are Bell’s Two Hearted, Breckenridge 471, Blue Moon, Weinenstephan Hefe Weissbier, Miller Lite, Stella Artois, Brooklyn Lager, Mt. Carmel Amber, Smithwick’s, Yuengling, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, MadTree Gnarly Brown, Guinness and New Holland The Poet. Their Rotating Drafts (as of 8/11/13): Bell’s Oberon, Jackie O’s Waka Waka Waka, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, Oskar Blues Deviant Dale’s, Crispin Cider, Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster, Southern Tier 2X Stout (nitro), Oskar Blues G’Knight, Oskar Blues Gubna, Boulder Mojo (nitro).
● Incline Public House has growlers available for all 12 of their beers on tap. Growlers are $5 and fills are 3 times pint price that are currently $5, $6 and $7.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● Cork ‘N Bottle Buttermilk Pike (as of April 19th) had Breckenridge Pandora’s Bock, Flying Dog Wildman, Green Flash Le Freak, Weihenstephaner, Bell’s Oberon, Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad with Plums, Great Lakes Ohio Stout and Hudy Bock.
● Cork ‘N Bottle Covington (as of April 19th) had Blue Moon Juniper Ale, Anderson Valley Bourbon, Cincy Beer Week Porter, Hudy Bock, Left Hand Scrimsaw, Bell’s Smitten, Dark Horse Amber and Breckenridge Pandora’s Bock.
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot in Anderson (as of August 17th) has Abita Starwator Strawberry Double Lager ($9.99), Uinta Cockeyed cooper Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine ($18.99), Elevator Brewing Three Frogs IPA ($9.99), Stone Levitation Ale ($10.99), Anderson Valley El Steinber Dark Lager ($9.99), Highland Razor Wit ($9.99), Cismontane Black’s Dawn Imperial Stout ($13.99) and Great Lakes Christmas Ale ($8.99).
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Fort Thomas (as of June 20th) has Upland Campside ($6.99), Sixpoint Apollo ($7.99), Southern Tier IPA ($7.99), Rivertown Fat Happy Monk ($14.99), Founders Double Trouble ($13.99), Sierra Nevada Blonde Ale ($12.99), Great Lakes Oatmeal Stout ($11.99), New Holland Michigan Hatter ($11.99), Leinenkugel Big Eddy Imperial IPA ($11.99), Left Hand Ambidextrous ($16.99), Ommegang Flour De Houblon ($8.99), Apocalypse Fallout Dust ($7.99), Brooklyn Blast ($9.99), Goose Island Summer ($10.99), Oskar Blues Oskar de Grouch ($16.99), Estaminet Belgian Pilsner ($6.99), Schlafly Imperial Bourbon Barrel ($9.99), Arcadia 16th Anniversary ($12.99), Stone Imperial Espresso Stout ($16.99), Sam Adams Porch Rocker ($8.99), Atwater Voodoo Vator ($11.99), Rogue Dead Guy Ale ($8.99), Blank Slate Lesser Paths IPA ($9.99) and Crispin Original Cider ($10.99). Their growler price is $4 “with a credit of $2 if you return an old growler.”
● Everything’s d’ Vine – The beers on tap (as of August 22nd) are Left Hand Polestar Pilsner, Breckenridge Agave Wheat and Anderson Valley Hop Ottin’ IPA.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate (as of c. August 3rd) has Great Lakes Wright Pils, Bell’s Oberon, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, West Sixth IPA, Rivertown Pumpkin Ale, Blank Slate Ryesing Up, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Sierra Nevada South Hemisphere Harvest, Jackie O’s Dark Apparition, Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout and Fat Heads Headhunter IPA. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each. [Thanks to Ben Damon and Jessica Blank for providing this update.]
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield (as of c. August 3rd) has Great Lakes Wright Pils, Unita Hop Notch, Rivertown Blueberry, Great Lakes Oktoberfest, Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, Bell’s Oberon, Madtree Psychopathy, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Paulaner Oktoberfest, Kona Longboard Lager, Founders Dirty Bastard, Fat Heads Headhunter IPA, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Thirsty Dog Citra Dog and Victory Golden Monkey. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each. [Thanks to Jessica Blank and Ben Damon for this update.]
● Liquor Cabinet in Hebron (as of August 22nd) has Brooklyn Scorcher, New Holland Michigan Hatter APA, Abita Jockamo, West 6th IPA,Great Lakes White, Left Hand Good JuJu, New Holland White Hatter, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
UPDATE ● Market Wines (as of August 23rd) has Uinta Wyld Extra Pale, Southern Tier Crème Brulee, Cigar City & DeProef Tropical Tripel, Smuttynose Vunderbar Pilsner, Epic Sour Apple Saison and Brooklyn Blast DIPA. They have empty growlers (64 oz) and growelettes (32 oz) for sale for $5 each.
● One Stop Liquors in Bellevue has Bell’s Oberon ($10.99), Woodchuck Cider and Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($11.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● Party Source in Bellevue (as of August 16th) has La Trappe Witte ($18.99), Quaff Bros. Savage Blank ($14.99), Left Hand Week Sauce ($14.99), open tap, Stiegl Lemon Radler ($10.99), New Albanian Hoptimus ($10.99), Sweetwater 420 ($8.99), Southern Tier Plum Noir ($16.99), Dogfish Head Aprihop ($12.99) and Brooklyn Summer ($9.99). All prices are for a 64 oz. refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● Party Town in Florence (as of August 23rd) has Apocalypse Fallout Dust Peppercorn Ale ($5.99), Brooklyn Scorcher #366 Session IPA ($6.99), Country Boy Schnicklefritz Spruce Brown Ale ($7.99), Country Boy Amos Moses American Brown Ale ($7.99), Dogfish Head Peche Peach Wheat Ale ($9.99), Founders All Day IPA ($7.99), Founders Dirty B@st@rd Scotch Ale ($10.99), Founders Double Trouble DIPA ($14.99), Founders Old Curmudgeon barleywine ($14.99), Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold Lager ($7.99), Left Hand Twin Sisters Double I.P.A. ($17.99), New Holland Black Hatter Black India Pale Ale ($10.99), Ommegang Three Philosophers Quadrupel ($20.99), Sierra Nevada Belgian IPA ($17.99), Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Red Ale ($12.99), Southern Tier Oat Oatmeal Stout ($16.99), Stone 17th Anniversary IPA ($12.99), Stone Arrogant B@st@rd American Strong Ale ($10.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● Remke Hyde Park (as of Feb. 20th) has Blank Slate Shroominous, Blank Slate The Lesser Path, Blank Slate Movin’ On, Blank Slate Out and About and Red Hook Audible.
● Remke Skytop (as of April 26th) has Blue Moon Brewing Co Pine in the Neck, Blank Slate Movin On, Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler, Redd’s Apple Ale and Triple Digit Chickow.
● United Liquor in Florence (as of July 19th) has Three Floyds Pride and Joy ($9.99), Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($11.99), Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout ($18.99), Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA ($11.99), Founders Rubaeus ($18.49) and Three Floyds Robert the Bruce ($9.99).
UPDATE ● Valley Wine & Spirits (as of August 23rd) has Southern Tier Crème Brulee, Southern Tier Unearthly, Green Flash Hop Head Red, Green Flash Saison Diego, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Big Eddy Ryewine Ale, Rivertown Pumpkin, Red Hook ESB, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale and Mission IPA.
UPDATE ● Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings (as of August 6th) are Elevator Mogabi Hoppy Wheat, Highland Razor Wit, Southern Tier Plum Noir, Triple Digit Chickow!, Dogfish Head Burton Baton and one empty tap. Regular fill prices are $7.49 for the 32 oz growler and $14.99 for the 64 oz growler.
They also have Happy Hour pricing on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm with $4.99 for the 32 oz growler and $9.99 for the 64 oz growler. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks to Ed Paff and Stephen DelVecchio for the update.]
● Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings (as of July 30th) are MadTree PsycHOPathy IPA, Blank Slate The Lesser Path, Bell’s Oarsman, Brooklyn Scorcher #366, 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon, and possibly Summit Summer Ale. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks to Robert Fellows for this update.]