We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Growlers Report after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
TASTINGS AND TAPPINGS
● Everything’s d’ Vine – Tasting is at 5:30 pm each week and costs $10 for beer and wine tastings. You can get just beer or just wine for $5.00. For this week’s tasting (3/21), the beers are Deschutes Black Butte Porter, Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout, Highland Black Mocha Stout and Great Lakes Blackout Stout.
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Party Town – Friday Night Flights features six to eight beers each week. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. This week’s beers (3/21) are all from Blank Slate: Fume, Shroominus, Movin’ on, About & About, Fork in the Road & Simply Saison. Pint pours of Bourbon barrel aged Pitter Patter Belgian Style Table Beer & Long Way Home Imperial India Black Ale will be available for on premise consumption. .
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES
● Christian Moerlein Craft Brewery (as of Jan. 31st) have Seven, OTR, Hostivit, Saigon Sap, Northern Liberties, Zeppelin, Emancipator, Helles, Exposition, Hudepohl Porter, Hudepohl Bock and Barbarossa. $7 for Growler refills every Friday, $10 Growler refills on Saturday & Sunday. New growlers are $5. Hudy kegs are also available. Tap Room is located at 1621 Moore Street in Cincinnati’s Historic Over-The-Rhine Brewery District.
● Ei8ht Brewing Company (inside the Party Source) has (as of March 21st) Ei8ht Ball K-hole (nitro), Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree, To Ol Final Frontier, Nogne O Imperial Brown, Stillwater Folklore, Goose Island Lolita, Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura, Mikkeller Hop Burn Low, Elezelloise Goliath Stout, Mikkeller Bravo, Local Option Morning Wood, Stone Grapefruit Slam, New Holland The Poet, Mikkeller Texas Ranger, De Molen Geboren / Getogen, St. Feuillien Saison, Mikkeller Sort Gul, MadTree Lift, Rogue Old Crustacean, Quaff Bros. Quaffanator, Weihenstephaner, De Proef Knockout (KO), Sierra Nevada Rye Day the 13th, DuPont Bier du Miel, La Trappe Witte, Country Boy Shotgun Wedding, Mikkeller I Beat U, Dark Horse Tres Blueberry Stout, MadTree Galaxy High, Sierra Nevada Ovila, Ei8ht Ball Tarnished, Ei8ht Ball Michael J. Bocks, Ei8ht Ball K-Hole, Ei8ht Ball Word, Ei8ht Ball Tiny Pig, Ei8ht Ball Cat Lady, Bosteels Tripel Karmeliet, West Sixth Lemongrass Wheat, Deschutes Black Butte, Deschutes Mirror Pond, Cider Boys Mad Bark and Lindemans Framboise.
● Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing (as of Feb. 24th) have NutCase Peanut Butter Porter, Jungle Honey, Triple Digit Aftermath, Pre-Prohibition Lager, Gravitator, Chickow! and Belgian Belge. New growlers are $3.
● MadTree Brewing (as of Feb. 22nd) has Sprye, Lemon Basil, Gedde Up!, Lift, Galaxy High, Identity Crisis, Axis Mundi, Gnarly Brown, Rubus Cacao, PsycHOPathy, Hostivit and Happy Amber. New growlers are $5 and they will fill other growlers. [Thanks to Zach Baird for this update.]
● Mt. Carmel Brewing (as of Feb. 20th) has Maple Doppelbock, Coffee Brown Ale, Amber Ale, Nut Brown Ale, India Pale Ale, Stout, Blonde Ale and Dewey’s Pale Ale. The cost is $8.50 for year rounds and most seasonals. Specialty beers (like Ardennes Belgian Quad in the past) are $18.00. It’s $4.50 for the purchase of a growler.
● Rhinegeist Brewery (as of Oct. 26th) has Cougar Gold, Truth West Coast IPA, Uncle British Mild, Zen Pale Ale and Panther Porter. New growlers are $5 for either the 32 or 64 oz. [Thanks to Shayne Brummer for the update.]
● Rivertown Brewing (as of Feb. 20th) has Roebling, Dunkel, Hop Bomber, Hop Baron, Helles, Blueberry, Sipa, Winter, Bock, Funk Vessel and Unit 6. Growler fills are $8.50 for most beers and high gravity beers are $11.70 (both prices are with tax). If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
GROWLERS AT BREW PUBS
● Fifty West Brewing (as of Feb. 27th) has 1926 Amber, Coast to Coast, Jalopy Wheat, One Way Street: Motueka, Penny’s Pilsner, Paycheck’s Porter, Speedbump Kolsch and Thirsty 37. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● Moerlein Lager House (as of March 20th) has Coffee Porter, Helles Lager, Northern Liberties IPA, Over-The-Rhine Ale, Porter, Zeppelin, Cincinnati Beer Week 2014 Hostivit, Barbarossa, Dunkelweiss and Sand Reckoner. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. Growler refills are $7 on Tuesdays and Fridays. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. They only fill their own growlers.
● Rock Bottom Cincinnati sells growlers of all their regular beers. Most growler fills are $13.50. They only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT RESTAURANTS
● Adriatico’s, Arnold’s Bar & Grill, BrewRiver GastroPub, Buckhead Mountain Grill, Firehouse Grill, Flipdaddy’s (all three locations) and Incline Public House all fill growlers of the beers they have on tap.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
NEW! ● Cappy’s Wine and Spirits Loveland (as of March 11th) had Mt. Carmel Coffee Brown, MadTree Identity Crisis, MadTree Rubus Cacao, Rhinegeist Mastadon, Blank Slate Fork in the Road, Lagunitas Sucks, Lagunitas IPA, Tröegs Nugget Nectar and Bell’s Expedition Stout.
● Cork ‘N Bottle Buttermilk Pike (as of Feb. 21st) had Brooklyn Monster Barley Wine ($10.99), Schlafly Tasmanian IPA ($8.99), Madtree Hoppy Amber ($8.99), Madtree Rubeus Cacao ($8.99), Original Sin Cider ($6.99), Goose Island Ten Hills Pale Ale ($7.49), Uinta Hop Notch ($6.99) and Sierra Nevada Big Foot ($14.99).
● Cork ‘N Bottle Covington (as of Feb. 21st) had Christian Moerlein Emancipator Doppelbock ($8.99), Hostivet Imperial Pilsner ($10.99), Christian Moerlein 10+161 Bourbon Barrel Aged English Ale ($10.99), New Holland Night Tripper Imperial Stout ($12.99), Against the Grain Brown Note ($7.99), Uinta Dubhe Imperial Black IPA ($8.99), Abita Mayhawk Belgian Golden ($8.49) and New Holland Dragon’s Milk ($15.99).
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot in Anderson (as of March 14th) has Abita French Connection ($7.99), Avery Maharajah Imperial IPA ($16.99), Tröegs Nugget Nectar ($12.99), Fifty West Jalopy Wheat ($9.99), Jackie O’s Hop Ryot ($12.99), Rhinegeist Saber Tooth Tiger ($14.99),
MadTree Axis Mundi Imperial Stout ($15.99) and Blank Slate Shroominous Shitake Brown Ale ($9.99).
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Covington (as of March 13th) has Moerlein Hefeweizen Wheat ($8.99), Schlafly Tasmanian IPA ($8.99), New Holland White Hatter ($8.99) and Abita Purple Haze ($8.99).
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Fort Thomas (as of March 13th) has Upland Harvest ($8.99), MadTree Identity Crisis ($12.99), New Holland Blue Sunday ($17.99), MadTree PsyHOPpathy IPA ($9.99), New Holland Charkoota Rye ($6.99), MadTree Galaxy High ($10.99), Stone Arrogant Bastard ($12.99), MadTree Rubus Cacao ($13.99), Smuttynose Vunerbar ($9.99), Sixpoint Hi-Res ($10.99), Founders Imperial Stout ($12.99), Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale ($9.99), Three Floyds Alpha King ($10.99), Falls City American Wheat ($9.99), Uinta Dubhe ($12.99), Summit Saga ($10.99), Uinta Hop Notch ($11.99), Bell’s Midwestern Pale Ale ($6.99), Unibroue Maudite ($14.99) and Southern Tier 2x Steam ($11.99). Several taps were TBA at time of publication. Their growler price is $4 “with a credit of $2 if you return an old growler.”
● The Growler Stop (3804 Church St. next to WagsPark) – Beers available as of Jan. 8th are Fifty West Speedbump, Fifty West Route 50, Triple Digit Chichow!, MadTree Gnarly Brown, Mt. Carmel Stout, Rivertown Winter Ale, Rhinegeist Truth, Rhinegeist Dad and Rhinegeist Snaggletooth. Empty growlers are $5 each.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate (as of c. August 3rd) has Great Lakes Wright Pils, Bell’s Oberon, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, West Sixth IPA, Rivertown Pumpkin Ale, Blank Slate Ryesing Up, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Sierra Nevada South Hemisphere Harvest, Jackie O’s Dark Apparition, Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout and Fat Heads Headhunter IPA. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each. [Thanks to Ben Damon and Jessica Blank for providing this update.]
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield (as of Feb. 24th) has New Belgium Fat Tire, MadTree Psychopathy, Brooklyn Fire and Ice, Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale, Kona Longboard, Tröegs Nugget Nectar, Mt. Carmel Nut Brown, Bell’s Java Stout, Uinta Hop Notch, Rhinegeist Mastodon, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Rivertown Roebling and Lagunitas IPA. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each. [Thanks to Jessica Blank for this update.]
● Lehr’s Meats Milford Ohio (as of March 20th) has Sierra Nevada Big Foot ($14.99), Rhinegeist Panther ($13.99), Magic Hat Dream Machine ($10.99), Tangerine ($10.99), Sierra Nevada Harvest ($14.99), Sam Adams Rebel IPA ($8.99), Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale ($10.99) and Southern Tier Eurotrash ($10.99).
● Liquor Cabinet in Hebron (as of March 13) has Schlafly Hop Harvest, MadTree Rubus Cacao, MadTree Psychopathy, MadTree Gnarly Brown, North Coast Scrimshaw Pilsner, Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout, Schlafly American IPA and Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale.
UPDATE ● Market Wines (as of March 21st) has Dark Horse Scotty Karate ($5/pint), Stone Go 2 IPA ($4/pint), Rhinegeist Ink ($6/pint), Bear Republic Churchill’s Pale Ale ($6/pint), Samuel Adams Nobel Pils ($4/pint) and Tröegs Nugget Nectar ($5/pint). They have empty growlers (64 oz) and growelettes (32 oz) for sale for $5 each.
● One Stop Liquors in Bellevue (as of Feb. 25th) has MadTree Psychopathy, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale and Oskar Blues Pale Ale. All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● Party Source in Bellevue will now be handled by Ei8ht Ball Brewery and Tap Room. See listing above.
● Party Town in Florence (as of March 14th) has Alltech KY Ale ($6.99), Brew Kettle White Rajah ($12.99), Cider Boys Mad Bark ($6.99), Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail ($16.99), Flying Dog Pumpernickel ($13.99), Founders Imperial Stout ($14.99), Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale ($7.99), Green Flash Cedar Plank ($9.99), Lore American Pale Ale ($6.99), Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat Ale ($10.99), MadTree Lift Kolsch ($7.99), New Holland Blue Sunday ($15.99), New Holland Farmhouse Hatter ($7.99),
Schlafly Export IPA ($8.99), Sierra Nevada Celebration ($7.99), Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad ($12.99), Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Beans ($12.99) and Upland Bad Elmer Porter ($9.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● Remke Hyde Park (as of Nov. 13th) has Breckenridge 471 IPA ($19.99), Breckenride Vanilla Porter ($11.99), Blank Slate Ryesing Up ($14.99), Blank Slate Fork in the Road ($12.99) and Rivertown Bourbon Pumpkin ($15.99). New growlers are $5.99 each. [Thanks to Shannon S. for the update.]
● Remke Skytop (as of Jan. 31st) has New Belgium Fat Tire ($12.99), New Belgium White IPA ($12.99), Blank Slate Lesser Path ($12.99), New Belgium Ranger IPA ($12.99) and Rivertown Roebling ($15.99). Happy hour special – $2 off drafter beers Mondays-Thursdays 3:00-6:00 pm [Thanks to Eugene Tavares for the update.]
● United Liquor in Florence (as of Feb. 27th) has Dogfish 90 min ($12.99), Kentucky Bourbon Ale ($11.99), Sweetwater IPA ($10.99), Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald ($9.99), Three Floyds Pride and Joy ($11.99) and Deschutes Butte Porter ($11.99). All prices based on 64 oz growler.
● Valley Wine & Spirits Edgewood (as of Feb. 27th) has Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter, Southern Tier 2X IPA, Bell’s Smitten, Southern Tier Choklat Stout and Madtree Happy Amber.
● Valley Wine & Spirits Fort Wright (as of Feb. 27th) has Sierra Nevada Celebration, Sixpoint Hi-Res, Upland Harvest Ale, Sam Adams Rebel IPA, Kona Big Wave Golden Ale, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Founders All Day IPA, Brew Kettle 4 C’s and Deschutes Black Butte Porter.
● Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings (as of March 14th) are Brew Kettle Black Rajah ($3 pint, $4.99 32 oz, $8.99 64 oz), Rhinegeist Mastodon ($5 pint, $7.99 32 oz, $15.99 64 oz), Rhinegeist Zen ($4 pint, $6.99 32 oz, $14.99 64 oz), Avery Collaboration ($6 pint, $9.99 32 oz, $19.99 64 oz), Jackie O’s Java the Stout ($4 pint, $6.99 32 oz, $12.99 64 oz) and Blank Slate Movin’ On ($3 pint, $5.99 32 oz, $9.99 64 oz). [Thanks to Ed Paff for the update.]
● Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings (as of Dec. 15th) are Left Hand Fade to Black vol. 5, Breckenridge Christmas Ale, Cismontane Coulter IPA, Great Divide Hibernation Ale, Blank Slate Brewing Fume Cherrywood Smoked Porter and Anderson Valley Highway 128 Pale Ale. For a new growler, add $3.99.