We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing. Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OLD FIREHOUSE BREWERY! Check out their anniversary party and street festival tomorrow (9/26). It includes High Noon Pints (buy a pint, keep the tulip glass – 100 available) plus they will be tapping two limited release beer at 6:00 pm: Old Ale and Tart Cherry Wheat.
● Fort Thomas Merchants and Music – For the 12th version of this event at Tower Park, they are adding a beer garden featuring special tappings from West Sixth every hour on the hour. The schedule is Heller or Heaven Double IPA at 2:00 pm, Milk Stout at 3:00 pm, Cream Ale at 4:00 pm and Belgian Dubbel at 5:00 pm. In addition, West Sixth Kinnoconik Kolsch will be available at all the beer locations throughout the festival along with their Dankechain Oktoberfest, Amber, Lemongrass Wheat and IPA.
● Everything’s d’ Vine – Tasting is at 5:30 pm each week and costs $10 for beer and wine tastings. You can get just beer or just wine for $5.00. The beers for this week’s tasting are Dogfish Head Punkin, Ballast Point Grunion, Fat Head’s Hop Fro and Stone Delicious.
● Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Long Trail Brewing in Fairfield and Victory Brewery in Eastgate.
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Party Town – In honor of their 15th anniversary, Parkers is having a Tap Takeover on Saturday, Sept. 26th. Beers include MadTree Galaxy High, Happy Amber, Gnarly Brown and Great PumpCan plus Urban Artifact Cauldron and Finn.
● Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, it’s beers from Bell’s Brewing in honor of their 30th anniversary. Beers include Boiling Point, Mango Habenero Oberon, Hell Hath No Fury, Octoberfest, Oracle, Bell’s 30th Anniversary Imperial Stout and more. The cost for the flight is $2.00 per person. A nine ounce pour is $3. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
● Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
● Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight is Free Bacon Night AND they will be tapping Heavy Seas “Uncharted Waters” Blackbeard’s Breakfast. The cost is $7 for a ten ounce snifter.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom