We frequently get updates for this post after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
● Everything’s d’ Vine – no beer and wine tasting this week due to Good Friday
● Ludlow Wines‘ regular Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Party Town‘s Friday Night Flights features six to eight beers each week. This week’s beers include De Molen, Lore from Danville KY, Upland, and more. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
● Valley Wine & Spirits will be hosting a Blank Slate beer tasting today from 4:30-7:30 pm.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES, BREW PUBS AND RESTAURANTS
● Buckhead Mountain Grill now does growler fills. The cost is $16 for a “fill of any craft or import beer offered in a 16oz serving size” (add $5 for a new Buckhead growler). On draft as of Nov. 16th: Great Lakes Eliot Ness, Great Lakes Christmas, Founders Harvest, Bell’s Winter White, Southern Tier 2x IPA, Oskar Blues Old Chub, Mt. Carmel Amber, Rivertown Helles, BBC Nut Brown Ale, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, PALM, Stella Artois, Blue Moon, Upland Wheat, Franziskaner Hefeweizen, Guinness, Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Thirsty Dog Irish Setter Red and Leinenkugel Snow Drift Vanilla Porter. We hear that Sierra Nevada Celebration will return when the Eliot Ness blows.
● Fifty West Brewing (as of Dec. 28th) had Coffee Please Stout, Christmas Cookie, Coast to Coast IPA, Alternate Route Brown Ale, Harley Dunkelweizen, Robinsons Circus Hefeweizen, Amber Ale, Speed Bump Kolsch and recently added – Horse and Buggy Scotch Ale, Thirty-37 Pale Ale and Forgot Stevie? Double IPA. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing have Nutcase, Leopold Belgian Blonde, Aftermath Scottish Wee Heavy, Cincinnatus, Gravitator, Friar Bacon Smoked Bock, Embree’s Baltic Porter, Enter the Beagle IPA, Jungle Honey and Chichow!. New growlers are $3.
● Moerlein Lager House has the following beers available for growler fills: Northern Liberties IPA, OTR Ale, 7 Weiss, Lager House Golden Helles, Exposition Vienna Lager, Barbarossa Double Dark Lager and POE Wee Heavy Scotch Ale. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. Growler refills are $7 on Tuesdays and Fridays. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
● Mt. Carmel Brewing‘s tap room (as of Dec. 28th) has Dewey’s Porter, Winter, Blonde, Amber, IPA, Nut Brown, Stout and 3rd Shift Imperial Coffee Stout on their new eight tap system. The cost is $8.00 for year rounds & seasonals and $18.00 for Third Shift. It’s $4 for the purchase of a growler (new design).
● Rivertown Brewing‘s tap room has Infinite Schilling Scottish Ale, Roebling Porter, Hop Baron, Blue Berry Lager, Hop Bomber, Dunkel, Bock, Unit 6 and Helles. Growler fills are $7.99. If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
● Rock Bottom Cincinnati sells growlers of all their regular beers. Most growler fills are $13.50. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● Cork ‘N Bottle Buttermilk Pike has Three Floyds Pride & Joy, Bad Attitude IPA, Great Lakes Alchemy IPA, Weihenstephaner, Dogfish Head 60 Min, Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad with Plums, Brooklyn Pilsner, Hudy Bock.
● Cork ‘N Bottle Covington has Sixpoint Six Point Columbus IPA, Anderson Valley Bourbon, Cincy Beer Week Porter, Hudy Bock, Left Hand Chainsaw, Blue Moon Juniper Ale, Anchor Porter, Three Floyds Pride & Joy.
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot in Anderson (as of March 27th) has West Sixth IPA ($9.99), Rivertown Infinite Shilling Wee Heavy ($13.99), Great Lakes Alchemy Hour Double IPA $9.99, Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Yeti ($13.99), Founders Red’s Rye PA ($12.99), Blue Moon Pine in the Neck ($9.99), Thirsty Dog Irish Setter Red Ale ($7.99) and Blank Slate Shroominous ($9.99).
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Fort Thomas (as of Jan. 25th) has Blue Moon Pine In The Neck ($11.99), Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye ($6.99), Dogfish Head Indian Brown ($7.99), Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale ($7.99), Southern Tier Chokolat Stout ($12.99), Blank Slate Movin’ On ($8.99), Blank Slate Fume Cherrywood Smoked Porter ($8.99), Schlafly Tasmanian IPA ($10.99), Avery IPA ($8.99), Founders Old Curmudgeon ($13.99), Fox Barrel Pear Cider ($7.99), Sierra Nevada Estate Organic ($12.99), Heavy Seas Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine ($18.99), Anderson Valley Heelch O’ Hops Double IPA ($9.99), Schlafly Bourbon ($10.99), Widmer Brothers BRRRRRR ($16.99), Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale ($5.99), New Holland Black Hatter ($11.99), DogFish Head Burton Baton ($19.99), Sixpoint Diesel ($11.99), North Coast Pranqster ($11.99), Anubis Coffee Porter ($16.99), Southern Tier 2XStout ($12.99) and Green Flash Grand Cru ($15.99). Their growler price is $4 “with a credit of $2 if you return an old growler.”
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate (as of Feb. 21st) has Bell’s Smitten, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Uinta Hop Notch IPA, Yuengling Bock, Kona Koko Brown, Kona Longboard Island Lager, Goose Island 312, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad w/ Sugar Plums, Rivertown Bock, 21st Amendment Sneak Attack and Mt. Carmel Springtime Ale. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they are now filling non-Jungle Jim’s growlers. As always, samples are 25 cents each.
● Liquor Cabinet in Hebron, KY has Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale, Schlafly Tasmanian IPA, Arcadia Smoked Wheat, Schlafly American IPA, Sixpoint Sweet Anchor Ale, Breckenridge Bock, Founders All Day IPA, Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold.
● Market Wines in Findlay Market has Monk’s Cafe Flemish Sour ale ($6.00/glass $20/growler), Great Lakes Alchemy Hour Double IPA ($5.00/glass $15.00/growler), Weyerbacher Insanity Barrel-Aged Barley Wine ($6.00/glass $18.00/growler) and Dominion Oak Barrel Stout ($6.00/glass $14.00/growler). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● One Stop Liquors in Bellevue has Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter ($9.99), Rivertown Winter Ale ($9.99) and Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($10.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● Party Source in Bellevue has Trois Dames Bise Noire a la Menthe ($18.99 64oz $9.50 32oz), Anderson Valley Hop Ottin’ IPA ($11.99 64oz $6.00 32oz), Oskar Blues Gubna ($21.99 64oz $11.00 32oz), Founders All Day IPA ($10.99 64oz $5.50 32oz), Sierra Nevada Ovila ($14.99 64oz $7.50 32oz), Tilburg’s Dutch Brown Ale ($13.99 64oz $7.00 32oz), Quaff Bros. Blind Harry ($17.99 64oz $9.00 32oz), Tripel Karmeliet ($21.99 64oz $11.00 32oz) and Quaff Bros. Big Kahuna ($14.99 64 oz. $8.00 32 oz.). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● Party Town in Florence has Against the Grain 2Tettnagers Red Lager ($6.99), Anchor Old Foghorn ($15.99), Bell’s 3rd Coast Ale ($10.99), Bell’s Oberon ($6.99), Cider Boys Magic Apple ($6.99), Dogfish Head 60 Minute ($9.99), Founders Pale Ale ($10.99), Great Lakes Alchemy Hour ($11.99), Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold ($7.99), Great Lakes Eliot Ness ($7.99), Great Lakes Oatmeal Stout ($8.99), Embree’s Baltic Porter ($12.99), Rivertown Infinite Shilling Scotch Ale ($15.99), Rogue Chateau OREgasmic ($11.99), Rogue Double Chocolate Stout ($11.99), Rogue Old Crustacean ($10.99), Sixpoint Righteous Rye Ale ($9.99) and Stone Russian Imperial Stout ($11.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● Remke Hyde Park (as of Feb. 20th) has Redd’s Apple Ale, Blank Slate Ryesing Up, one from Triple Digit, Rivertown Roebling and Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler.
● Remke Skytop (as of Jan. 25th) has Blue Moon Valencia Grove Amber, Blue Moon Pine In The Neck, Leinenkugel Big Eddy Russian Imperial stout, Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler and Redd’s Apple Ale.
● United Liquor in Florence (as of Feb. 20th) has KY Bourbon Ale, Blue Moon Pine in the Neck, Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout, Dogfish Head 60 Min. IPA, Bell’s Two Hearted Ale, Leinenkugel’s Vanilla Porter.
● Valley Wine & Spirits has Blank Slate Movin On, Blank Slate Awakening, Blank Slate Shroominous, Blank Slate Fork in the Road, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Upland Ard Ri, West 6th IPA, Abita Andygator, Blue Moon Pine in the Neck and Rivertown Bock.
● Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings (as of March 24th) are Fox Barrel As You Wish Pear Cider, Flying Dog Woody Creek White, Blank Slate Movin’ On, Killian’s Irish Red, Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout and Founders All Day IPA. Regular fill prices are $7.49 for the 32 oz growler and $14.99 for the 64 oz growler. They also have Happy Hour pricing on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm with $4.99 for the 32 oz growler and $9.99 for the 64 oz growler. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks once again to Ed Paff for the update.]
● Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings (as of March 26th) are Dark Horse Fore Smoked Stout, Founders Imperial Stout, Ballast Point Dorado Double IPA, Thirsty Dog Irish Setter Red Ale, MadTree pyscHoPathy and Red Hook Audible Ale. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks to Tom Aguero for this update too.]