Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• Cellar Dweller – Five Year Anniversary Saturday from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm. See their Facebook event page for more information.
• Milton’s The Prospect Hill Tavern – Bockfest Precipitation Retaliation Happy Hour Friday at 5:30 pm. The snowman will burn at 8:00 pm!
TASTINGS, TOURS and DINNERS
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Fat Head’s at Fairfield and from Abita at Eastgate.
• The Gruff – Collaborative Beer Dinner Saturday at 6:30 pm. Featuring beers from MadTree, Rhinegeist and West Sixth. For more information, see their Facebook event page.
• Keystone Hyde Park -Listermann 90s Brunch Saturday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. See their Facebook event page for more information.
• Mac’s Pizza Mainstrasse – Mardi Gras Braxton Tap Takeover Friday at 5:00 pm. Happy hour from 5-6 includes $1 off beers and buy one get one free appetizers. Beers include Storm, Twisted Bit, Spotlight, Haven, Jumpstart, Tropic Flare, Bluff, Graeter’s Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip Milk Stout, and Dead Blow on Nitro.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from Bell’s including Whiskey Barrel Aged Jupiter and Hopslam. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – Two Heads and a Tree Takeover Friday at 6:00 pm. Beers include Madtree Lift, Unhappy Amber, and a surprise keg; Fat Head’s Head Trip, Sunshine Daydream, and Hop Juju; plus Dogfish Head Namaste, Midas Touch, and Olde School.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Local Friday featuring The Woodburn Friday at 5:00 pm. Beers include Hammer Session IPA, Chocolate Mint Imperial Stout, and Berliner Weisse.
— Saturday at 3:00 pm, Cappy’s will be hosting a Hi-Wire Launch Party. Beers include Hi-Wire Lager, Bed of Nails Brown Ale, Lo-Pitch Juicy IPA, Hi-Pitch Mosaic IPA, Hi-Wire Gose, Twice as Nice Doppelbock, Strongman Coffee Milk Stout, Enchanter Baltic Porter, Death Defying Spring Ale, 10W-40 Imperial Stout, Pulcinella BA Russian Imperial Stout, Carolina Coastal Black Rye Lager (Collab w/ Holy City Brewing), Oatmeal Brown Ale w/ Honey and Black Currants (Collab w/ Hardywood), Pimm’s Berliner Weisse (Collab w/ NOLA Brewing), Foeder Brett Saison, Hi-Wire’s House English Bitter, Prime Time Session Pale Ale, Sour Blonde Ale, Wild Rye Brett IPA, and a to be determined Small Batch Beer.
• MadTree Brewing – Galaxy High and Citra High can release Saturday at 10:00 am. From Facebook: “Cans will be released in the Barrel Warehouse begining at 10AM. Limit two 4-packs of Galaxy, two 4-packs of Citra per person. Sorry, you can’t opt to take more of one over the other. Max of two 4-packs of any flavor. $12.50 per 4-pack (tax included.) Both will be available on draft for snifters but no growler fills. Cans will NOT go out to distribution. Some draft will be sent out to retailers.”
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom