Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• Arthur’s Café Anderson – Rhinegeist Brewery and Fifty West Brewing Blind Flight Challenge and Raffle to benefit MDA Saturday from 11:00 am – 11:00 pm. From Facebook: “Think you know Cincinnati beer? Come out on March 25th and try to identifiy which beer belongs to which brewery. Get a flight of four, two from Rhinegeist Brewery and two from 50 West Brewing. You guess correctly on the ballot, you get entered to win merch from both breweries and from Arthur’s. $1 from each flight sold all day will go to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Southern Ohio.”
• Braxton Brewing – Second Anniversary Block Party Saturday starting at noon. Check out their Facebook event page for more information.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Final Beer Olympics Sunday from 1:00-3:00 pm. Go cheer on twenty teams of two as they complete in events like Tricycle Race, Beer Relay Race, Pin the Tail on the Keg, Beer Balloon Toss, Barrel-Roll, Flip Cup, and Can Jam.
TASTINGS, TOURS and DINNERS
• Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot –
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Green Flash at Fairfield and from Boulevard at Eastgate.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from Rivertown. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Local Friday featuring Alltech today from 5:00-10:00 pm. Featured beers are Blackberry Porter and Vanilla Barrel Cream Ale.
• Fifty West – Wee Heavy Bevvy Draft Beer Release today at 11:00 am. From Facebook: “We are excited to announce our collaboration with two 2016 Great American Beer Festival (GABF) winners, Revelry Brewing Co. from Charleston, South Carolina and Real Ale Brewing Company from Blanco, Texas to create “America’s greatest scotch ale”. The three breweries that placed bronze, silver, and gold, respectively, in the Scotch Ale category at GABF are joining forces to create ‘Wee Heavy Bevvy’ Scotch Ale, a never done before collaboration. ‘Wee Heavy Bevvy’ will be tapped on Friday, March 24th at each of the three breweries. Fifty West will have it on tap at their Production Works and Brewpub!”
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom