Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• Ault Park – HallowEve Brew Bash tonight at 6:00 pm. Ten tastings included. Beers from Bad Tom Smith, Blank Slate, Braxton, Cellar Dweller, Dogberry, Fifty West, Ei8ht Ball, Listermann, MadTree, Moerlein, Old Firehouse, Rhinegeist, Streetside, Urban Artifact and Woodburn. Additional full pours for $5 each. Costumes are optional. Tickets are $25.00.
• BB Riverboats – BB Riverboats Craft Beer Fest Saturday at 8:00 pm. Check out their Facebook event page for more information.
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – Halloween party Saturday at 5:00 pm. Check out their Facebook event page for the taplist.
• Moerlein Lager House – Funky Pumpkins and Fall Beers Oct. 28-30. From Facebook: “Moerlein Lager House in conjunction with the Art Academy of Cincinnati will have on display 15 carved pumpkins. PLUS, a special Fall beer menu. It’s the perfect way to get your Halloween chills and thrills. On Saturday, at 2 p.m., one of the artists will hold a session to show how to design and carve your own ‘funky pumpkin’ for Halloween. Featured drafts include: Moerlein T-Bird Harvest Ale, Moerlein Dry Hopped 5th & Vine, Moerlein Das Uber Fest Lager, Triple Digit Chickow, Fat Head’s Spooky Tooth, Two Brothers Atom Smasher, Southern Tier Warlock, Southern Tier Harvest ESB and Southern Tier Pumking, New Belgium Pumpkick. Featured bottles include: Ace Pumpkin Cider, Deschutes Sage Fright, B. Nectar Death Unicorn and Bruery Autumn Maple.”
— Brunch, Beers, & Breweries Sunday at 10:00 am. “Experience the taste of Christian Moerlein with this hands-on day of brunching, tasting, and touring. This event includes brunch at the Moerlein Lager House, two brewery tours of BOTH Christian Moerlein facilities, a quick history lesson about the brewing culture here in Cincinnati, and of course…beer! Join us as we take you along on the streetcar and guide you through it all. Prost! For tickets and more information visit our event site: https://www.eventcreate.com/brunch-beers-breweries *There are a limited amount of spots for this event.
• Christian Moerlein Malt House – Game Day Sunday with Kegs & Eggs. Starting at 9:00 am.
• Paradise Brewing – Sunday at 9:30 am. Kegs & Eggs (and BACON!) before and during the Bengals game.
• Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Ballast Point tasting today from 4:00-7:00 pm.
• DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits – Rivertown beer tasting from 5:00-7:00 pm.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from MadTree at Fairfield and beers from Rhinegeist Brewing at Eastgate.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from Rhinegeist. Beers include Mastodon, Bourbon Barrel Druncle, Sabertooth Tiger, an all new Experimental Double IPA and more. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS and RELEASES
• Braxton Brewing – October Firkin Friday today at 5:30 pm. This month, it’s their Toaster Cinnamon Toast Crunch donut beer infused with pumpkin spice.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Cappy’s & Cavalier’s Cancer Crushing Creepy Craft Craze includes special tappings Oct. 28-30 with $1 from every pint and growler sold going to breast cancer research. Beers scheduled to be tapped include Schramms The Statement, Dogfish Head Raisin D’extra 2014, Dogfish Head Olde School 2013, Alltech Breakin’ The Law, Three Floyd’s Red Death, Three Floyd’s Floy Division, Stone XS IPA, Fat Head’s Barrel Aged Battle Axe, Fat Head’s Barrel Aged Spooky Tooth, Fat Head’s Zest For Breast, Fat Head’s Hop Stalker, Fat Head’s IBUsive, MadTree 2016 Barrel Aged Axis Mundi, MadTree 2015 Barrel Aged Coffee Vanilla Axis Mundi, Urban Artifact Tutti Fruity and Urban Artifact Blue Raspberry Raspberry Warhead.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Free bacon Friday at 5:00 pm. They are tapping Evil Twin Liquid Fudge.
• Habits Cafe – The Great American Blonde Beer Launch (their first ever house beer brewed by Listermann Brewing) today at 7:00 pm.
• The Lackman – Fear of the Dark featuring Evil Dead Red and Speedway Stout from AleSmith Brewing today starting at 4:00 pm.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom