We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Growlers Report after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
TASTINGS AND TAPPINGS
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Rhinegeist beer tasting and tap take over Saturday October 26 from 5:00-7:00 pm. Beers will include Truth, Cougar, Zen and Panther.
● Everything’s d’ Vine – Just a wine tasting tonight, no beer.
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Party Town – Friday Night Flights features six to eight beers each week. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. This week’s beers (10/25) are Halloween themed. The featured pint is Three Floyds Zombie Dust. Cost is $4 and includes Three Floyds glassware.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES
● Christian Moerlein Craft Brewery (as of Oct. 24th) have Helltown Rye-ot American Brown Ale, Moerlein Coffee Porter, Zeppelin Bavarian Pale Ale, Barbarossa Dark Lager, Fifth & Vine Oktoberfest Marzen, OTR Over-the-Rhine Ale, Northern Liberties IPA, Lager House Golden Helles, Exposition Vienna Lager, Hudepohl Oktoberfest Bier, Hudepohl Classic Porter and Hudepohl Summer Pils. $7 for Growler refills every Friday, $10 Growler refills on Saturday & Sunday. New growlers are $5. Tap Room is located at 1621 Moore Street in Cincinnati’s Historic Over-The-Rhine Brewery District.
● Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing (as of Sept. 19th) have Triple Digit Aftermath, Triple Digit Chickow!, Honey Beagle Don’t Care, Intergalactic IPA, Jungle Honey, Leopold Belgian Blonde, Serpentine Wheat, Pre-Prohition Lager and Big Kahuna (Bourbon Barrel Coconut Porter – No growler fills). New growlers are $3.
● MadTree Brewing (as of June 27th) has PsycHOPathy ($10), Happy Amber ($10), Gnarly Brown ($10), Pleasant Wheat ($10), Wheat Eater ($10), Axis Mundi ($15), Flight of Simcoe ($10) and Identity Crisis ($12.50 – currently out, but back soon). New growlers are $5 and they will fill other growlers.
● Mt. Carmel Brewing (as of Oct. 18th) has Blonde, Amber, IPA, Nut Brown, Dewey’s Pale Ale, Stout, Harvest Ale, and Winter Ale. The cost is $8.50 for year rounds and seasonals. Specialty beers (like Ardennes Belgian Quad in the past) are $18.00. It’s $4.50 for the purchase of a growler. [Thanks to Shayne Brammer for this update.]
● Rhinegeist Brewery (as of Sept. 20th) has Cougar Gold, Truth West Coast IPA, Uncle British Mild, Spikelet Hoppy Wheat, Saber Tooth Tiger Imperial IPA and Fiction Belgian Pale Ale. New growlers are $5 for either the 32 or 64 oz.
● Rivertown Brewing is offering a special price on their pumpkin ale until it runs out. It’s just $7.99 for a new growler and $5.99 for a refill. Their other beers (as of Sept. 19th) are Lawn Conqueror, Oktoberfest, Helles, Dunkel, Roebling, Lil SIPA, Blueberry, Hop Bomber and Hop Baron. Growler fills are $8.50 for most beers and high gravity beers are $11.70 (both prices are with tax). If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
GROWLERS AT BREW PUBS
● Fifty West Brewing (as of Oct. 18th) has Alternate Route, Bobby’s Idea, ESB – Eastern Standard Bitter, Home Sweet Home, Hoppy When Wet, Paycheck’s Porter, Raspberry Sour Wagon, Robinson’s Circus and Speedbump Kolsch. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● Moerlein Lager House (as of Sept. 19th) has Fifth & Vine, Helles, Nothern Liberties, OTR, Seven Hefeweizen, Zeppelin. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. Growler refills are $7 on Tuesdays and Fridays. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. They only fill their own growlers.
● Rock Bottom Cincinnati sells growlers of all their regular beers. Most growler fills are $13.50. They only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT RESTAURANTS
● Adriatico’s now does growler fills. An empty growler is $5 and it sounds like they only fill their own. Pricing varies by beer. As of August 20th, the beers include Breckenridge Avalanche, Hudepohl Amber, Mt. Carmel Amber, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Yuengling Black and Tan, Angry Orchard, Original Sin Cider, Abita Purple Haze, Rivertown Blueberry Lager, St. Louis Framboise, Bell’s Two Hearted Ale, Boulder Mojo IPA Nitro, Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, Founders Centennial IPA, Rhinegeist Truth, Stone IPA, Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Stella Artois, Yuengling Lager, Moerlein OTR, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Guinness, Left Hand Milk Stout, Blue Moon, Hoegaarden Wheat Beer and Weihenstephan Hefeweissen.
● BrewRiver GastroPub is doing to go 64oz growler fills of all 23 of their draft beers. As of August 20th, those beers include Clipper City Heavy Seas Holy Sheet, MadTree Gnarly Brown Ale, MadTree Happy Amber, Rhinegeist Saber Tooth Tiger Imperial IPA, Rhinegeist Spikelet, Southern Tier Plum Noir, Listermann Beagle In the Rye IPA, Listermann Jungle Honey Pale Ale, Listermann Leopold Belgian Blonde, Listermann Losantiville Pre-Prohibition Lager, Listermann Nutcase Peanut Butter Porter, Triple Digit Chickow, Abita Lemon Wheat, Black Diamond Rampage Imperial IPA, Jolly Pumpkin Oro De Calabaza, Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro, Left Hand Safety Round Ale, Lexington Kentucky Kolsch, Liefmans Cuvee Brut, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, Original Sin Apple Cider, Three Floyds Robert The Bruce, Two Brothers Bitter End Pale Ale and Uinta Hop Notch IPA.
● Buckhead Mountain Grill does growler fills. As of April 18th, they had Falls City, West Sixth IPA, Upland Wheat, Angry Orchard Crisp, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, Rivertown Blueberry Lager, Mt. Carmel Amber, Mt. Carmel Nut Brown, Southern Tier 2X IPA, Blue Moon, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, Samuel Adams Summer Ale, Third Shift Amber Lager, Bell’s Oberon, Franziskaner Hefe, Guinness, Stella Artois, Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale, Miller Lite and Bud Light. The cost is $16 for a “fill of any craft or import beer offered in a 16oz serving size” (add $5 for a new Buckhead growler).
● Flipdaddy’s (all three locations) also does growler fills. At their Wooster Pike location, their permanent drafts are Bell’s Two Hearted, Breckenridge 471, Blue Moon, Weinenstephan Hefe Weissbier, Miller Lite, Stella Artois, Brooklyn Lager, Mt. Carmel Amber, Smithwick’s, Yuengling, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, MadTree Gnarly Brown, Guinness and New Holland The Poet. Their Rotating Drafts (as of August 11th): Bell’s Oberon, Jackie O’s Waka Waka Waka, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, Oskar Blues Deviant Dale’s, Crispin Cider, Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster, Southern Tier 2X Stout (nitro), Oskar Blues G’Knight, Oskar Blues Gubna, Boulder Mojo (nitro).
● Incline Public House has growlers available for all 12 of their beers on tap. Growlers are $5 and fills are 3 times pint price that are currently $5, $6 and $7.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● Cork ‘N Bottle Buttermilk Pike (as of Oct. 24th) had Moerlein Elixir Extra Special Bitter ($8.99), Abita Purple Haze ($6.99), Schlafly Pumpkin Ale ($14.99), Brooklyn Scorcher Single Hop Pale Ale ($6.99), Schlafly Belgian Golden ($7.99), Cumberland Coconut Porter ($8.99), Rogue Dead Guy XS ($9.99) and Blank Slate Out & About ($11.99).
● Cork ‘N Bottle Covington (as of Oct. 18th) had Three Floyds Robert the Bruce ($6.99), Bad Attitude Hippie Pilsner ($18.99), Bell’s Oarsman Berliner Weiss style ($5.99), Abita Mayhawk Belgian Golden style ($8.49), Breckinridge 72 imperial Chocolate Stout ($13.99), Southern Tier 2X Steam ($9.99), Country Boy Angry Amos ($14.99) and New Holland Icabod Pumpkin ($9.99).
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot in Anderson (as of Oct. 21st) has 21st Amendment Fireside Chat Winter Spiced Ale ($8.99), Widmer Brothers Old Emblamer ’12 Barleywine ($8.99), Dogfish Head Punkin ($8.99), Widmer Brothers Choc. Russian Imperial Stout ($8.99), Anderson Valley Winter Solstice ($8.99), Brooklyn Silver Aniversary Lager Doppelbock ($16.99), Widmer Brothers Raspberry Russian Imperial Stout ($8.99) and Goose Island Casimir ($8.99). (This list will likely change after their Rhinegeist tap take over on 10/16 – see above for more information.)
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Fort Thomas (as of June 20th) has Upland Campside ($6.99), Sixpoint Apollo ($7.99), Southern Tier IPA ($7.99), Rivertown Fat Happy Monk ($14.99), Founders Double Trouble ($13.99), Sierra Nevada Blonde Ale ($12.99), Great Lakes Oatmeal Stout ($11.99), New Holland Michigan Hatter ($11.99), Leinenkugel Big Eddy Imperial IPA ($11.99), Left Hand Ambidextrous ($16.99), Ommegang Flour De Houblon ($8.99), Apocalypse Fallout Dust ($7.99), Brooklyn Blast ($9.99), Goose Island Summer ($10.99), Oskar Blues Oskar de Grouch ($16.99), Estaminet Belgian Pilsner ($6.99), Schlafly Imperial Bourbon Barrel ($9.99), Arcadia 16th Anniversary ($12.99), Stone Imperial Espresso Stout ($16.99), Sam Adams Porch Rocker ($8.99), Atwater Voodoo Vator ($11.99), Rogue Dead Guy Ale ($8.99), Blank Slate Lesser Paths IPA ($9.99) and Crispin Original Cider ($10.99). Their growler price is $4 “with a credit of $2 if you return an old growler.”
● Everything’s d’ Vine – The beers on tap (as of August 30th) are Unibroue La Fin Du Monde, Stone Levitation, Anderson Valley Hop Ottin’ IPA.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate (as of c. August 3rd) has Great Lakes Wright Pils, Bell’s Oberon, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, West Sixth IPA, Rivertown Pumpkin Ale, Blank Slate Ryesing Up, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Sierra Nevada South Hemisphere Harvest, Jackie O’s Dark Apparition, Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout and Fat Heads Headhunter IPA. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each. [Thanks to Ben Damon and Jessica Blank for providing this update.]
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield (as of Oct. 14th) has 21st Amendment Bitter American ($5.00), Unita Hopnotch ($8.00), Kona Longboard ($8), Sierra Nevada Torpedo ($9.00), Great Lakes Nosferatu ($9.00), Erdinger Oktoberfest ($9.00), Rivertown Pumpkin ($9.00), Sam Adams Octoberfest ($9.00), Rogue Dead Guy ($11.00), Rhinegeist Truth IPA ($11.00), Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($13.00), Fat Head’s Trail Head Pale Ale ($13.00), Green Flash Green Bullet Triple ($13.00), Stone Enjoy By 11/12/13 ($16.00), Founders Breakfast Stout ($16.00) and New Holland Dragons Milk ($17.00). Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each. [Thanks to Tasting Buddies for this update.]
● Liquor Cabinet in Hebron (as of Oct. 24th) has Paulaner Oktoberfest, Anchor Porter, Dogfish Head Punkin, Moerlein Zeppelin, New Holland White Hatter, West Sixth Amber, Smuttynose Vunderbar, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.
● Market Wines (as of Oct. 25th) has Brew Kettle Black Rajah ($5/pint), Vander Mill Apple Blueberry Cider ($5/pint), Clown Shoes Galactica IPA ($6/pint), Great Lakes Nostferatu ($6/pint), Dark Horse Peppermint Plead the 5th ($6/pint) and Clown Shoes Genghis Pecan Porter ($7/pint). They have empty growlers (64 oz) and growelettes (32 oz) for sale for $5 each.
● One Stop Liquors in Bellevue has Bell’s Oberon ($10.99), Woodchuck Cider and Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($11.99) according to their undated web site. All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● Party Source in Bellevue (as of Oct. 17th) has To ol Goliat ($25.99), Founders Old Curmudgeon ($28.99), Brooklyn Scorcher #366 ($11.99), Sierra Nevada Imperial Red ($14.99), Hofbräu Oktoberfest ($8.99), West Sixth Amber ($9.99), New Holland Ichabod ($10.99), Abita Strawator ($9.99) and Southern Tier Warlock ($13.99). All prices are for a 64 oz. refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● Party Town in Florence (as of Oct. 25th) has Abita French Connection Saison ($8.99), Arcadia 16th Anniversary ($7.99), Arcadia Jaw Jacker pumpkin ale ($7.99), Bell’s Oberon wheat ale ($6.99), Bell’s Wheat Love wheat wine ($10.99), Great Lakes Nosferatu imperial red ale ($10.99), Green Flash Barleywine ($17.99), Green Flash Green Bullet imperial IPA ($16.99), Left Hand Fade to Black stout ($7.99), Lore Intergalactic IPA ($10.99), New Holland Rye hatter ($9.99), Oskar Blues Ten Fidy impeial Stout ($17.99), Rogue Chatoe Good Chit Pilsner ($8.99), Shiner Wild Hare pale ale ($6.99), Sixpoint 3 Beans coffee stout ($12.99), Sierra Nevada Flipside Red IPA ($6.99), Widmer Pitch Black Black IPA ($12.99) and Woodchuck Amber ($6.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● Remke Hyde Park (as of Sept. 20th) has Rivertown Pumpkin Ale ($12.99), Madtree Happy Amber ($12.99), Madtree Gnarly Brown ($12.99), Madtree Pleasant Wheat ($12.99) and Madtree Identity Crisis ($16.99). New growlers are $5.99 each. [Thanks to Shannon S. for the update.]
● Remke Skytop (as of April 26th) has Blue Moon Brewing Co Pine in the Neck, Blank Slate Movin On, Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler, Redd’s Apple Ale and Triple Digit Chickow.
● United Liquor in Florence (as of July 19th) has Three Floyds Pride and Joy ($9.99), Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($11.99), Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout ($18.99), Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA ($11.99), Founders Rubaeus ($18.49) and Three Floyds Robert the Bruce ($9.99).
● Valley Wine & Spirits Edgewood NEW LOCATION 152 Barnwood Drive, Edgewood, KY (as of Oct. 24th) has Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Stone IPA, Great Lakes Nosferatu, Three Floyds Artic Panzer Wolf and Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat.
● Valley Wine & Spirits Fort Wright (as of Oct. 24th) has Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale, Founders Breakfast Stout, Green Flash Saison Diego, Southern Tier Pumking, Sierra Nevada Black IPA, Sierra Nevada Flipside, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, Mission IPA and Abita Mayhawk.
● Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings (as of Oct. 3rd) are Weyerbacher Eighteen ($8 pint, $11.99 32 oz, $22.99 64 oz), Brooklyn Silver Anniversary Lager ($4 pint, $5.99 32 oz, $10.99 64 oz), Founders Dirty Bastard ($3 pint, $4.99 32 oz, $9.99 64 oz), 21st Amendment Imperial Jack ($4 pint, $6.99 32 oz, $12.99 64 oz), Madtree Galaxy High ($6 pint, $8.99 32 oz, $16.99 64 oz) and Highland Oatmeal Porter ($2 pint, $3.99 32 oz, $6.99 64 oz). [Thanks to Ed Paff for the update.]
● Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings (as of Oct. 25th) are Christian Moerlein Helltown Rye-ot Brown Ale, Rivertown Pumpkin Ale, Great Lakes Engine 20 Smoked Pale Ale, MadTree Kolsch Experimental #1, Jackie O’s Barking Pumpkin and Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout. For a new growler, add $3.99.