We frequently get updates for this post after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
● Everything’s d’ Vine has beer and wine tastings on Friday nights starting at 5:00 pm. Try six beers and six wines for $12 per person.
● Ludlow Wines’ regular Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Reminder – There are no Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence for the rest of 2012. Friday Night Flights will start back up in January.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES, BREW PUBS AND RESTAURANTS
● Buckhead Mountain Grill now does growler fills. The cost is $16 for a “fill of any craft or import beer offered in a 16oz serving size” (add $5 for a new Buckhead growler). On draft as of Nov. 16th: Great Lakes Eliot Ness, Great Lakes Christmas, Founders Harvest, Bell’s Winter White, Southern Tier 2x IPA, Oskar Blues Old Chub, Mt. Carmel Amber, Rivertown Helles, BBC Nut Brown Ale, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, PALM, Stella Artois, Blue Moon, Upland Wheat, Franziskaner Hefeweizen, Guinness, Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Thirsty Dog Irish Setter Red and Leinenkugel Snow Drift Vanilla Porter. We hear that Sierra Nevada Celebration will return when the Eliot Ness blows.
● Fifty West Brewing has Coffee Please Stout, Christmas Cookie, Coast to Coast IPA, Alternate Route Brown Ale, Harley Dunkelweizen, Robinsons Circus Hefeweizen, Amber Ale, Speed Bump Kolsch and recently added – Horse and Buggy Scotch Ale, Thirty-37 Pale Ale and Forgot Stevie? Double IPA. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● The growler station at Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing has Leopold Belgian Blonde, Friar Bacon Smoked Bock, Aftermath Scottish Wee Heavy, Losantiville Pre Pro Lager, Run Like Hell Red, Enter the Beagle IPA, Oktoberfest, Wiedemann’s. Both Oatmeal Sweet Stout and Chickow are coming soon. New growlers are $3.
● Did you know that the Moerlein Lager House has growlers? The following beers are currently available for growler fills: Lager House Golden Helles, Barbarossa, OTR, Northern Liberties, 7 Weiss, Exposition Vienna Lager, Fifth & Vine Marzen and POE Wee Heavy Scotch Ale. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
● The growler station at Mt. Carmel’s tap room has Dewey’s Porter, Winter, Blonde, Amber, IPA, Nut Brown, Stout and 3rd Shift Imperial Coffee Stout on their new eight tap system. The cost is $8.00 for year rounds & seasonals and $18.00 for Third Shift. It’s $4 for the purchase of a growler (new design).
● The growler station at Rivertown Brewing’s tasting room has their Helles, Dunkel, Hop Bomber, Hop Baron, Blueberry Lager, Roebling, Unit 6, Winter Ale, Death and a sweet potato stout (7.2 ABV and 35 IBUs). Bottles of Death and Famine are also available at the Tap Room for $2.99 each. Growler fills are $7.99. If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
● At Rock Bottom Cincinnati, you can take home growlers of all their regular beers plus Mocha Imperial Stout ($65 for a growler), the Buffalo Gold (not the bourbon barrel version) and Pumpkin Ale. As of this past Tuesday, they also have their Winter Tartan (a malty Scottish ale with a hint of vanilla). Most growler fills are $13.50. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot (8315 Beechmont Ave., Anderson, OH) has Smuttynose Scotch Ale, Founders Centennial IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, Brooklyn Fiat Lux, Rivertown Famine, Oskar Blues Cedar, Great Lakes Christmas and Abita Amber.
● As of Dec. 21st, the growler station at DEP’s in Covington had Lion Stout ($8.99), Great Lakes Nosferatu ($8.99), Upland Octoberfest ($5.99) and Blue Moon Caramel Apple Spice ($6.99). At their Fort Thomas location, they have Upland Wheat ($5.99), Leinenkugel Vanilla Porter ($7.99), Oskar Blues Mama’s Yella Pils ($5.99), Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale ($6.99), Blank Slate Ryesing Up Rye Saison ($8.99), Oskar Blues G’Knight Imperial Red ($10.99), Oskar BLues TenFiddy Stout ($14.99), Blank Slate Fume Cherrywood Smoked Porter ($8.99), Bell’s Two Hearted Ale ($9.99), Henry Weinhards IPA ($5.99), Fox Barrel Pear Cider ($7.99), Leinenkugel Big Eddy Baltic Porter ($8.99), Upland Teddy Bear Kisses ($12.99), Abita Christmas ($5.99), Three Floyds Gumballhead ($12.99), Widmer Brothers Milk Stout ($16.99), Cumberland Smoked Pumpkin ($7.99), New Holland Black Hatter ($11.99), Lore Brown Ale ($6.99), Sixpoint Diesel ($11.99), Bell’s Christmas Ale ($10.99), Stone Oaked Bastard ($11.99), Widmer Brothers Rotator Falconer IPA ($11.99) and Thirsty Dog 12 dogs of Christmas ($10.99). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● As of December 23rd, the growler station offerings at the new Jungle Jim’s Eastgate included Yuengling Black & Tan ($7), Bear Republic Racer X ($25), Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale ($11), Rivertown Winter Ale ($12), Upland Dragonfly IPA ($11), Affligem Noel ($20), Alltech’s Lexington Brewing Bourbon Barrel Stout ($16), Mt. Carmel Obsidian Imperial Black Rye IPA ($17), Southern Tier Old Man Winter ($12), Alltech’s Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($13) and Breckenridge Vanilla Porter ($13). Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and we’re hearing that they will only fill their own growlers. As always, samples are 25 cents each. (Thanks to Eric Dunaway of Jungle Jim’s for this information!)
● The growler station at the Liquor Cabinet (1990 N Bend Rd # A Hebron, KY) has Avery Old Jubilation, Sam Adams Merry Mischief, New Holland Hopivore and Left Hand Milk Stout.
● UPDATE The growler station at Market Wines in Findlay Market has Stoudts Smooth Hoperator ($6.00/glass $16/ growler), Affligen Noel ($5.00/glass $16.00/growler), Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout ($6.00/glass $18.00/growler) and Tröegs Mad Elf Ale ($6.00/glass $18.00/ growler). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● On the growler station at One Stop Liquors (10 Donnermeyer Dr., Bellevue, KY), they currently have Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter ($9.99), Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($10.99) and another beer to be added. All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● On the growler station at Party Source in Bellevue: Beer Here SoD ($20.99 64oz $10.50 32oz), Sam Adams Blueberry Hill ($15.99 64oz $8.00 32oz), Dark Horse Crooked Tree ($10.99 64oz $5.50 32oz), Schlafly Christmas Ale ($12.99 64oz $6.50 32oz), Goose Island Naughty Goose ($11.99 64oz $6.00 32oz), Huvila Arctic Circle ($20.99 64oz $10.50 32oz), Against the Grain Oaken Dagger ($13.99 64oz $7.00 32oz) and Widmer Milk Stout Milk Stout ($12.99 64oz $6.50 32oz). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● On the growler station at Party Town in Florence: Against the Grain Kottbusser Session Ale ($5.99), Blank Slate Fork in the Road India Amber Ale ($8.99), Breckenridge Vanilla Porter ($7.99), Founders Dirty B@st@rd Scotch Ale ($10.99), Leinenkugel Big Eddie Russian Imperial Stout ($10.99), Lore Nelson Sauvin IPA ($6.99), Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout ($17.99), Rivertown Death Ghost Chili Stout ($15.99), Rivertown Famine Bavarian Black Wheat ($10.99), Rivertown Pestilence Sour Brown Ale ($19.99), Rivertown War Smoked Irish Red ($15.99), Rogue XS Imperial Stout ($9.99), Sierra Nevada Celebration Fresh Hop Ale, Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest Ale ($7.99), Sixpoint Mad Scientist Sour Ale ($14.99), Widmer Bros. Brrrbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer ($11.99) and Woodchuck Amber cider ($6.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● As of October 25th, United Liquor in Florence has Southern Tier Pumpking, KY Bourbon Ale, Great Lakes Oktoberfest, Harpoon Rye IPA, Dogfish 60 min IPA, and Big Eddy Imperial IPA.
● As of December 14th, Valley Wine & Spirits has Oskar Blues G’Knight Imperial Red, Thirsty Dog Siberian Imperial Stout, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Leinenkugel Vanilla Porter, Southern Tier Choklat Stout, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Southern Tier 2xmas, Sam Adams Merry Mischief and Goose Island Sofie.
● As of Dec. 27th, Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings are Bison Organic Gingerbread Ale, Brew Kettle Winter Warmer, Sixpoint Diesel Stout, Affligem Noel, Triple Digit Chickow and another beer to be added. Regular fill prices are $7.49 for the 32 oz growler and $14.99 for the 64 oz growler. They also have Happy Hour pricing on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm with $4.99 for the 32 oz growler and $9.99 for the 64 oz growler. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks once again to Ed Paff for the update.]
● As of Nov. 18th, Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings are Sam Adams Merry Mischief, Smuttynose Big A IPA, Heavy Seas Winter Storm Imperial ESB, Breckenridge Agave Wheat, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, & Kentucky Bourbon Ale. For a new growler, add $3.99.