We frequently get updates for this post after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
● UPDATE Everything’s d’ Vine has beer and wine tastings on Friday nights from 7:00 – 9:00 pm. Try six beers and six wines for $12 per person.
● Ludlow Wines’ regular Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● For tonight’s Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence will be pouring beers from Three Floyds including Zombie Dust. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES, BREW PUBS AND RESTAURANTS
● Buckhead Mountain Grill now does growler fills. The cost is $16 for a “fill of any craft or import beer offered in a 16oz serving size” (add $5 for a new Buckhead growler). On draft as of Nov. 16th: Great Lakes Eliot Ness, Great Lakes Christmas, Founders Harvest, Bell’s Winter White, Southern Tier 2x IPA, Oskar Blues Old Chub, Mt. Carmel Amber, Rivertown Helles, BBC Nut Brown Ale, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, PALM, Stella Artois, Blue Moon, Upland Wheat, Franziskaner Hefeweizen, Guinness, Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Thirsty Dog Irish Setter Red and Leinenkugel Snow Drift Vanilla Porter. We hear that Sierra Nevada Celebration will return when the Eliot Ness blows.
● As of December 28th, Fifty West Brewing had Coffee Please Stout, Christmas Cookie, Coast to Coast IPA, Alternate Route Brown Ale, Harley Dunkelweizen, Robinsons Circus Hefeweizen, Amber Ale, Speed Bump Kolsch and recently added – Horse and Buggy Scotch Ale, Thirty-37 Pale Ale and Forgot Stevie? Double IPA. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● As of December 28th, the growler station at Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing had Leopold Belgian Blonde, Friar Bacon Smoked Bock, Aftermath Scottish Wee Heavy, Losantiville Pre Pro Lager, Run Like Hell Red, Enter the Beagle IPA, Oktoberfest, Wiedemann’s. Both Oatmeal Sweet Stout and Chickow are coming soon. New growlers are $3.
● Did you know that the Moerlein Lager House has growlers? The following beers are currently available for growler fills: Northern Liberties IPA, OTR Ale, 7 Weiss, Lager House Golden Helles, Exposition Vienna Lager, Barbarossa Double Dark Lager and POE Wee Heavy Scotch Ale. The Baltic Porter will be tapped on Monday, January 7th. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. Growler refills are $7 on Tuesdays and Fridays. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
● As of December 28th, the growler station at Mt. Carmel’s tap room has Dewey’s Porter, Winter, Blonde, Amber, IPA, Nut Brown, Stout and 3rd Shift Imperial Coffee Stout on their new eight tap system. The cost is $8.00 for year rounds & seasonals and $18.00 for Third Shift. It’s $4 for the purchase of a growler (new design).
● As of December 29th, the growler station at Rivertown Brewing’s tasting room had their Roebling, Hop Baron, Blueberry, Hop Bomber, Famine, Winter, Dunkel, Unit 6, and a small batch Cincinnati Common (probably gone by now). Bottles of Death and Famine are also available at the Tap Room for $2.99 each. Growler fills are $7.99. If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
● At Rock Bottom Cincinnati, you can take home growlers of all their regular beers plus Mocha Imperial Stout ($65 for a growler), the Buffalo Gold (not the bourbon barrel version), Pumpkin Ale and Winter Tartan. Most growler fills are $13.50. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot (8315 Beechmont Ave., Anderson, OH) has Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA, Two Brothers Domaine Dupage, Stone Ruination IPA, Brooklyn Fiat Lux, Rivertown Famine, Oskar Blues Cedar, Great Lakes Christmas and Abita Amber.
● The growler station at DEP’s in Covington has Upland Double Dragonfly ($8.99), Leinenkugel Vanilla Porter ($8.99), Oskar Blues Mama’s Yela Pils ($5.99), Oskar Blues G’Knight ($10.99), Southern Tier Chokolat Stout ($12.99), Blank Slate Ryesing Up ($8.99), Blank Slate Fume ($8.99), Oskar Blues TenFidy ($14.99), Bell’s Oberon ($5.99), Founders Double Trouble ($13.99), Fox Barrel Pear Cider ($7.99), Sierra Nevada Estate Organic ($12.99), Heavy Seas Bourbon Barrel aged Barleywine ($18.99), Abita Christmas Ale ($5.99), Schlafly Bourbon Barrel Ale ($10.99), Widmer Brothers BRRR winter seasonal ($16.99), Cumberland Pumkin ($3.99), New Holland Black Hatter ($11.99), Lore Derby Brown Ale ($3.99), Sixpoint Diesel ($11.99), Stone Oaked Bastard ($11.99), Bell’s Christmas ($10.99), Southern Tier 2XStou ($12.99) and Thirsty Dog 12 dogs of Christmas ($10.99). Their growler price is $4 “with a credit of $2 if you return an old growler.”
● As of December 23rd, the growler station offerings at the new Jungle Jim’s Eastgate included Yuengling Black & Tan ($7), Bear Republic Racer X ($25), Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale ($11), Rivertown Winter Ale ($12), Upland Dragonfly IPA ($11), Affligem Noel ($20), Alltech’s Lexington Brewing Bourbon Barrel Stout ($16), Mt. Carmel Obsidian Imperial Black Rye IPA ($17), Southern Tier Old Man Winter ($12), Alltech’s Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($13) and Breckenridge Vanilla Porter ($13). Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and we’re hearing that they will only fill their own growlers. As always, samples are 25 cents each. (Thanks to Eric Dunaway of Jungle Jim’s for this information!)
● The growler station at the Liquor Cabinet (1990 N Bend Rd # A Hebron, KY) has New Holland Hopivore APA, Sam Adams Merry Mischief Gingerbread Stout, Brooklyn There Will Be Black IPA and Avery Old Jubilation “Ho-Ho Whoa”.
● The growler station at Market Wines in Findlay Market has Dogfish Head “My Antonia” ($5.00/glass $15/ growler), Triple Digit “Chickow” ($6.00/glass $18.00/growler), Bell’s Two Hearted Ale ($4.00/glass $12.00/growler), Ballast Point “Victory at Sea” ($6.00/glass $18.00/ growler). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● On the growler station at One Stop Liquors (10 Donnermeyer Dr., Bellevue, KY), they currently have Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter ($9.99), Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($10.99) and another beer to be added. All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● On the growler station at Party Source in Bellevue: Beer Here SoD ($20.99 64oz $10.50 32oz), Sam Adams Blueberry Hill ($15.99 64oz $8.00 32oz), Harpoon Leviathan ($15.99 64oz $8.00 32oz), Schlafly Christmas Ale ($12.99 64oz $6.50 32oz), Goose Island Naughty Goose ($11.99 64oz $6.00 32oz), Yeastie Boys Pot Kettle Black ($20.99 64oz $10.50 32oz), Great Lakes Cleveland Brown ($18.99 64oz $9.50 32oz) and Widmer Milk Stout Milk Stout ($12.99 64oz $6.50 32oz). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● On the growler station at Party Town in Florence: Alltech KY Bourbon Barrel Ale ($9.99), Anderson Valley Winter Solstice Spiced Ale ($7.99), BBC Anvil Steam ($6.99), Dogfish Head 90 Minute ($12.99), Dark Horse One Oatmeal Stout ($7.99), Finch’s Threadless IPA ($8.99), Founders Red’s Rye Pale Ale ($10.99), Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold ($7.99), Green Flash Extra Pale Ale ($7.99), Hoppin Frog Outta Kilter ($25.99), Rivertown Famine Bavarian Black Wheat ($10.99), Rivertown Pestilence Sour Brown Ale ($19.99), Rogue XS Imperial Stout ($9.99), Schlafly Tasmanian IPA ($9.99), Sierra Nevada Celebration Fresh Hop Ale, Upland Komodo Black IPA ($9.99), Widmer Bros. Milk Stout ($11.99) and Woodchuck Amber cider ($6.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● As of October 25th, United Liquor in Florence has Southern Tier Pumpking, KY Bourbon Ale, Great Lakes Oktoberfest, Harpoon Rye IPA, Dogfish 60 min IPA, and Big Eddy Imperial IPA.
● As of December 14th, Valley Wine & Spirits has Oskar Blues G’Knight Imperial Red, Thirsty Dog Siberian Imperial Stout, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Leinenkugel Vanilla Porter, Southern Tier Choklat Stout, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Southern Tier 2xmas, Sam Adams Merry Mischief and Goose Island Sofie.
● As of Dec. 27th, Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings are Bison Organic Gingerbread Ale, Brew Kettle Winter Warmer, Sixpoint Diesel Stout, Affligem Noel, Triple Digit Chickow and another beer to be added. Regular fill prices are $7.49 for the 32 oz growler and $14.99 for the 64 oz growler. They also have Happy Hour pricing on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm with $4.99 for the 32 oz growler and $9.99 for the 64 oz growler. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks once again to Ed Paff for the update.]
● As of Nov. 18th, Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings are Sam Adams Merry Mischief, Smuttynose Big A IPA, Heavy Seas Winter Storm Imperial ESB, Breckenridge Agave Wheat, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, & Kentucky Bourbon Ale. For a new growler, add $3.99.