We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Growlers Report after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
TASTINGS AND TAPPINGS
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Party Town – Friday Night Flights features six to eight beers each week. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. This week’s beers (11/29) are TBA. The featured pint is also TBA. Limit of one pint per person.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES
● Christian Moerlein Craft Brewery (as of Nov. 13th) have Barbarossa Dark Lager, Fifth & Vine Oktoberfest Marzen, Moerlein Coffee Porter, Helltown Rye-ot, Hudepohl Oktoberfest Bier, Christkindl, Expostion Vienna Lager, Zeppelin Bavarian Pale Ale, Se7en, Northern Liberties IPA, OTR Over-the-Rhine Ale and Lager House Golden Helles. $7 for Growler refills every Friday, $10 Growler refills on Saturday & Sunday. New growlers are $5. Tap Room is located at 1621 Moore Street in Cincinnati’s Historic Over-The-Rhine Brewery District.
● Ei8ht Brewing Company (inside the Party Source) has (as of Nov. 23rd) Nogne O IPA, Nogne O Kollaborator, Nogne O Imperial Rye Porter, Nogne O Saison, Rodenbach Classic Red, Upland Ard Ri, La Trappe Witte, Mikkeller Cream Ale, Mikkeller Green Easter, Mikkeller 1000 IBU, Mikkeller 1000 IBU Light, Mikkeller Milk Stout, Rivertown Pumpkin, Great Lakes Christmas, Sierra Nevada Black IPA, Founders All Day IPA, Sixpoint Resin, Bosteel Tripel Karmeliet, Bosteels Kwak, Brooklyn Black, Schlafly Pumpkin, Three Floyds Dreadnaught, Three Floyds Robert the Bruce, Sweetwater 420, West Sixth Amber, Country Boy Shotgun Wedding, Against the Grain / Mikkeller Collaboration, Prairie Standard, Tilburg Dutch Brown, Weihenstephaner Weien-heffe, Sam Adams Merry Mischief, Ei8ht Ball Prodigal Son, Dark Horse Crooked Tree, Quaff Bros. Savage Blank, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, Bell’s Two Hearted, Local Option Blood of the Kings, Left Hand Ambidextrous, Evil Twin Plastic Man and Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.
● Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing (as of Sept. 19th) have Triple Digit Aftermath, Triple Digit Chickow!, Honey Beagle Don’t Care, Intergalactic IPA, Jungle Honey, Leopold Belgian Blonde, Serpentine Wheat, Pre-Prohition Lager and Big Kahuna (Bourbon Barrel Coconut Porter – No growler fills). New growlers are $3.
● MadTree Brewing (as of Oct. 31st) has Great PumpCan, Gnarly Brown, Gnarly Coffee, Gnarly Vanilla, PsycHOPathy, Identity Crisis, Happy Amber, Kölsch, Flölsch, Axis Mundi, Dead Flowers, Rubus Cacao, Everything Went Black, Thanksgiving Pale Ale and Thundersnow. New growlers are $5 and they will fill other growlers.
● Mt. Carmel Brewing (as of Oct. 26th) has Blonde, Amber, IPA, Nut Brown, Dewey’s Pale Ale, Stout, Harvest Ale, and Winter Ale ($9.50). The cost is $8.50 for year rounds and most seasonals. Specialty beers (like Ardennes Belgian Quad in the past) are $18.00. It’s $4.50 for the purchase of a growler. [Thanks to Shayne Brammer for this update.]
● Rhinegeist Brewery (as of Oct. 26th) has Cougar Gold, Truth West Coast IPA, Uncle British Mild, Zen Pale Ale and Panther Porter. New growlers are $5 for either the 32 or 64 oz. [Thanks to Shayne Brummer for the update.]
● Rivertown Brewing (as of Sept. 19th) has Lawn Conqueror, Oktoberfest, Helles, Dunkel, Roebling, Lil SIPA, Blueberry, Hop Bomber and Hop Baron. Growler fills are $8.50 for most beers and high gravity beers are $11.70 (both prices are with tax). If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
GROWLERS AT BREW PUBS
● Fifty West Brewing (as of Nov. 26th) has Ale of Two Cities, Alternate Route, Armadillo Crossing, Bobby’s Idea, Coast 2 Coast, Coffee Please Stout, Home Sweet Home, Loneliest Road Stout, Moving Violation, Slave to the Traffic Light Amber, Speedbump Kolsch, Spooner Summit DIPA and Thirsty 37. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● Moerlein Lager House (as of Nov. 22nd) has Fifth & Vine, Exposition, Helles, Northern Liberties, OTR, Seven Hefeweizen, Zeppelin and La Grange Saison. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. Growler refills are $7 on Tuesdays and Fridays. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. They only fill their own growlers.
● Rock Bottom Cincinnati sells growlers of all their regular beers. Most growler fills are $13.50. They only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT RESTAURANTS
● Adriatico’s, Arnold’s Bar & Grill, BrewRiver GastroPub, Buckhead Mountain Grill, Flipdaddy’s (all three locations) and Incline Public House all fill growlers of the beers they have on tap.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● Cork ‘N Bottle Buttermilk Pike (as of Nov. 22nd) had Moerlein Elixir Extra Special Bitter ($8.99), Abita Purple Haze ($6.99), Southern Tier Pumking Pumpkin Ale ($11.99), Brooklyn Scorcher Single Hop Pale Ale ($6.99), Original Sin Cider ($7.99), Blank Slate Out & About ($11.99), Rogue Dead Guy XS ($9.99) and Cumberland Coconut Porter ($8.99).
● Cork ‘N Bottle Covington (as of Nov. 22nd) had Christian Moerlein Zeppelin Bavarian Pale Ale ($8.49), Country Boy Angry Amos ($14.99), Breckinridge 72 Imperial Chocolate Stout ($13.99), New Holland Night Tripper Imperial Stout ($12.99), New Holland Icabod Pumpkin ($9.99), New Holland Cabin Fever Brown Ale ($9.99), Abita Mayhawk Belgian Golden style ($8.49) and New Holland Dragons Milk ($9.99).
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot in Anderson (as of Nov. 17th) has Goose Island Casimir Smoked Wheat ($8.99), Widmer Brothers Raspberry Russian Imperial Stout ($8.99), Widmer Brothers Old Embalmer Barleywine ($8.99), Brooklyn Cuvée la Boîte Ale brewed with Honey and Spices ($9.99), Widmer Brothers Choc. Russian Imperial Stout ($8.99), Evil Twin Yang Imperial Taiji IPA ($15.99), Rhinegeist Panther Porter ($9.99) and Otter Creek Black IPA ($5.99)
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Covington (as of Nov. 7th) has Lore Amber ($7.99), Brooklyn Summer Ale ($7.99), Dale’s Pale Ale ($8.99) and Abita Purple Haze ($8.99).
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Fort Thomas (as of Nov. 7th) has Ommegang take the Black Stout (Game of Thrones Beer) ($12.99), North Coast Class of 88′ Barleywine ($16.99), Bell’s Quinannon Falls Lager ($7.99), Dogfish Head Sah’Tea ($22.99), Founders Breakfast Stout ($9.99), Oskar Blues Mama’s Little Yella Pills ($8.99), Green Flash Green Bullet IPA ($11.99), Moerlein Helltown Rye-Ot ($9.99), Moerlein Elixir ESB ($9.99), Bell’s Hopsolution ($10.99), Ovila Quad with Mandarin ($12.99), Moerlein Northern Liberties IPA ($9.99), Abita Mayhawk ($5.99), Smuttynose Pumpkin ($9.99), Founders Rubeaus ($11.99), Weihenstephaner Oktoberfest ($9.99), Shipyard Pumpkin ($8.99), Atwater Vanilla Porter ($11.99), Holy Grail Ale ($10.99), Bell’s Best Brown ($9.99), Sam Adams Oktoberfest ($10.99), Falls City Pale Ale ($9.99), Bell’s Two Hearted Ale ($9.99) and Upland Oktoberfest ($9.99). Their growler price is $4 “with a credit of $2 if you return an old growler.”
● Everything’s d’ Vine – The beers on tap (as of August 30th) are Unibroue La Fin Du Monde, Stone Levitation, Anderson Valley Hop Ottin’ IPA.
● NEW The Growler Stop (3804 Church St. next to WagsPark) – Beers available as of Nov. 7th are Triple Digit Aftermath, Mt. Carmel Nut Brown Ale, Fifty West 3037, Rhinegeist Truth, Blank Slate Fork In The Road, MadTree Happy Amber and Rivertown Winter Ale. Empty growlers are $5 each.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate (as of c. August 3rd) has Great Lakes Wright Pils, Bell’s Oberon, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, West Sixth IPA, Rivertown Pumpkin Ale, Blank Slate Ryesing Up, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Sierra Nevada South Hemisphere Harvest, Jackie O’s Dark Apparition, Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout and Fat Heads Headhunter IPA. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each. [Thanks to Ben Damon and Jessica Blank for providing this update.]
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield (as of Oct. 14th) has 21st Amendment Bitter American ($5.00), Unita Hopnotch ($8.00), Kona Longboard ($8), Sierra Nevada Torpedo ($9.00), Great Lakes Nosferatu ($9.00), Erdinger Oktoberfest ($9.00), Rivertown Pumpkin ($9.00), Sam Adams Octoberfest ($9.00), Rogue Dead Guy ($11.00), Rhinegeist Truth IPA ($11.00), Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($13.00), Fat Head’s Trail Head Pale Ale ($13.00), Green Flash Green Bullet Triple ($13.00), Stone Enjoy By 11/12/13 ($16.00), Founders Breakfast Stout ($16.00) and New Holland Dragons Milk ($17.00). Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each. [Thanks to Tasting Buddies for this update.]
● Liquor Cabinet in Hebron (as of Nov. 27th) has Great Lakes Christmas Ale, Anchor Porter, Bell’s Winter White Ale, Smuttynose Vunderbar, Avery Ellie’s Brown Ale, Moerlein Zeppelin, Schlafly Tasmanian IPA and West Sixth Amber.
● Market Wines (as of Nov. 15th) has Mad Tree PsycHOPathy ($4/pint), Samuel Adams Noble Pilsner ($4/pint), North Peak HooDoo ($6/pint), Southern Tier Pumking ($7/pint), Southern Tier Choklat ($6/pint) and 21st Amendment Fireside Chat ($5/pint). They have empty growlers (64 oz) and growelettes (32 oz) for sale for $5 each.
● One Stop Liquors in Bellevue has Bell’s Oberon ($10.99), Woodchuck Cider and Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($11.99) according to their undated web site. All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● Party Source in Bellevue will now be handled by Ei8ht Ball Brewery and Tap Room. See listing above.
● Party Town in Florence (as of Nov. 28th) has Arcadia 16th Anniversary smoked wheat ($7.99), Bell’s Best Brown ale ($7.99), Bell’s Oarsman session sour ($8.99), Blank Slate Lesser Path Wheat IPA ($9.99), Breckenridge Vanilla Porter ($7.99), Brooklyn Fiat Lux Wit Beir ($5.99), Founders Dirty B@$t@rd Scotch ale ($10.99), Ft. Collins Hoptitude Imperial Pale Ale ($7.99), Goose Island Lolita raspberry wild ale ($34.99), Schlafly Tasmanian India pale ale ($9.99), Schlafly Imperial Stout ($11.99), Shiner Wild Hare pale ale ($6.99), Sierra Nevada Gnarwal ($13.99), Southern Tier Pumking imperial pumpkin ale ($13.99), Stone Arrogant B@$t@rd American Strong Ale ($10.99), Stone Cali Belgique ($9.99), Stone Double Bastard ($14.99) and Stone India Pale Ale ($8.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● Remke Hyde Park (as of Nov. 13th) has Breckenridge 471 IPA ($19.99), Breckenride Vanilla Porter ($11.99), Blank Slate Ryesing Up ($14.99), Blank Slate Fork in the Road ($12.99) and Rivertown Bourbon Pumpkin ($15.99). New growlers are $5.99 each. [Thanks to Shannon S. for the update.]
● Remke Skytop (as of Nov. 14th) has Leinenkugel Big Eddy Stout ($14.99), Dale’s Pale Ale ($12.99), Great Crescent IPA ($12.99), Triple Digit Chickow! ($19.99) and Rivertown Pumpkin ($12.99). [Thanks to John Graff for the much needed update.]
● United Liquor in Florence (as of Nov. 6th) has Abita Mayhawk ($9.99), KY Bourbon Ale ($11.99), Southern Tier Creme Brulee ($18.99), Sierra Nev Topedo IPA ($8.99), Founders Rubaeus ($18.49) and Schlafly Pumpkin ($12.99).
● Valley Wine & Spirits Edgewood (as of Oct. 24th) has Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Stone IPA, Great Lakes Nosferatu, Three Floyds Artic Panzer Wolf and Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat.
● Valley Wine & Spirits Fort Wright (as of Oct. 24th) has Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale, Founders Breakfast Stout, Green Flash Saison Diego, Southern Tier Pumking, Sierra Nevada Black IPA, Sierra Nevada Flipside, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, Mission IPA and Abita Mayhawk.
● Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings (as of Nov. 13th) are Southern Tier Pumpking ($6 pint, $8.99 32 oz, $18.99 64 oz), Brooklyn Cuvee de Boite ($3 pint, $4.99 32 oz, $9.99 64 oz), Moerlein Helltown Rye-ot ($3 pint, $5.99 32 oz, $9.99 64 oz), MadTree Kölsch ($3 pint, $5.99 32 oz, $9.99 64 oz), Green Flash Green Bullet Triple IPA ($6 pint, $8.99 32 oz, $18.99 64 oz) and 21st “He Said” Baltic Style Porter ($5 pint, $7.99 32 oz, $13.99 64 oz). [Thanks to Ed Paff for the update.]
● Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings (as of Oct. 25th) are Christian Moerlein Helltown Rye-ot Brown Ale, Rivertown Pumpkin Ale, Great Lakes Engine 20 Smoked Pale Ale, MadTree Kolsch Experimental #1, Jackie O’s Barking Pumpkin and Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout. For a new growler, add $3.99.