Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• KungFood Chu’s AmerAsia – Beer-Lingual Saturday starting at 2:00 pm. From their Facebook Event page: “We are hosting a block party in the parking lot next to AmerAsia at 521 Madison Ave. from 2:00-6:00. Breweries, including Madtree, Rhinegeist, Braxton, Urban Artifact, West Sixth, and New Belgium will be serving beer, with a few vendors represented as well as live music, a DJ, food, and games. We’re also holding a raffle for beer baskets. All proceeds from these tickets will be donated as well as 10% of the sales total for the night at the restaurant. After the outdoor event, we’ll be having a tap takeover at 4:00 inside with some really awesome beer by Three Floyds, Prairie Artisan Ales, and Evil Twin Brewing. We’ll be donating all proceeds from the event to the English Language Learning Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that’s been giving back to immigrants in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky since 2006.”
• New Riff Distilling – Holler: Celebrate Kentucky’s Finest Craft Beer and Spirits Saturday at 6:00 pm. For more information, check out their website at http://hollerfestival.com/.
• Wooden Cask Brewery – Adult Easter Egg Hunt Sunday starting at 2:00 pm. From their Facebook page: “We will open a little bit later on Easter Sunday. To celebrate we will have an adult Easter egg “hunt”. Select an egg from our basket and see what surprise awaits you inside. It could be a $3 pint pour or a $5 flight! Maybe a free empty pint glass to take home! Must be 21 or over to partake. Limit 1 egg per person. We will also have another basket of eggs with candy for those with kiddos in tow. ”
TASTINGS, TOURS and DINNERS
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Alltech Lexington Brewing at Fairfield and from Old Firehouse at Eastgate.
• OTR Biergarten – Featuring beers from Bad Tom Smith Brewing this weekend. They will be pouring Breathitt County Blonde Ale and Fink Red Rye. The April Biergarten hours are Saturday, 11am-6pm and Sunday, 11am-4 pm.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from TBA. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – Fifty West Brewing Tap Takeover Friday at 6:00 pm.
• Braxton Brewing – Kentucky Home Bottle Release and Tapping Saturday at noon. You can reserve your bottle (up to 3/person) online now: https://store.braxtonbrewing.com/products/kentuckyhome Bottles that are not reserved will be released to the public on Saturday, April 15th at noon. Limit 3 per person.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Local Friday featuring Cellar Dweller starting at 5:00 pm. Beers include Grapefruit Jeremiah’s, Nitro Eye Opener, and BBA Vanilla Brown.
• Wooden Cask – Adult Easter Egg Hunt Sunday at 2:00 pm. Select an egg from their basket and see what surprise awaits you inside. It could be a $3 pint pour or a $5 flight. It may be a free empty pint glass to take home. Must be 21 or over to partake. Limit 1 egg per person.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom