Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
TASTINGS, TOURS and DINNERS
• Darkness Brewing – Beer & Cupcakes Saturday at 11:00 am. From Facebook: “We are teaming up with Mama C’s Buttercream & Sprinkles for a Saturday morning brunch of sorts with Craft Beer and Gourmet Cupcakes. Mama C’s will create four savory & sweet gourmet cupcakes that pair with four of our own craft beer recipes. Our head brewer and CoFounder Eric will also be here to talk about our beers. Included in the price are four savory and sweet cupcakes, four 5oz pours, and a full pint of beer after the pairing event. Tickets are $16 and you can find them here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2791838”
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from MadTree at Fairfield and from Tröegs at Eastgate.
• Molly Malone’s Covington – All About Stoutfest Saturday at 12:00 noon. See their Facebook event page for more information.
— Founders Night Sunday at 6:00 pm. Featuring 2015 Backwoods Bastard on tap, Centennial IPA AND 2016 KBS bottles! (Limit one per customer, first come first serve) plus specials on All Day IPA cans as well.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from TBA. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – Sixpoint Brewing w/ DJ & C.R.E.A.M. Release Saturday at 5:00 pm. Beers include C.R.E.A.M., Hi-Res, Crisp, Bengali, and a surprise keg.
• Braxton Brewing – Revamp Can Release Friday at 5:00 pm.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Women in Beer Saturday at 4:00 pm. From Facebook: “Join us on Saturday, March 11th from 4-9pm to celebrate women in the craft beer industry! We’ll have food available from 4-9pm from Adena’s Beefstroll. We’ll be featuring 10 different beers on tap from breweries that have strong female representation such as Jackie O’s, Fat Head’s, Against The Grain, New Belgium, Dogfish Head, and Stone. From 4-6pm the women in craft beer will be speaking, and will be available to hang out and answer questions from 6-9pm!”
• Christian Moerlein Brewing – New Brew Friday with Sea Salt Lemon Pils, Easy Livin’, Tank 9 Project starting at 4:00 pm.
— Thirteen / 164 Beer Launch Saturday at 12:00 noon. This bourbon barrel aged imperial stout with cherries will be available in 22-ounce bombers plus on tap.
— Christian Moerlein Anniversary Celebration Saturday at 6:00 pm.
-General Admission, $35: buffet, 1 drink ticket, includes a brewery and/or underground lagering cellar tour
-Head Brewer, $50: buffet, 1 drink ticket, includes a brewery and/or underground lagering cellar tour, commemorative 22 oz. bomber & snifter glass
*tax not included
Buffet Menu: Smoked pork and chicken with homemade BBQ sauce infused with Christian Moerlein’s Thirteen/164 anniversary brew, southern style green beans, coleslaw, and homemade brewer’s grain rolls.”
• Listermann Brewing – March NE IPA Can Release Saturday at 10:00 am. “No Sleep ‘Til Norwood is brewed with Galaxy, Falconer’s Flight 7 C’s and Motueka. $13 AFTER TAX/4 pack ~130 cases. Brewer’s Delight is brewed with Pineapple, Galaxy, Citra and Zythos. $13 AFTER TAX/4 pack ~100 Cases”
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom