Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
TASTINGS, TOURS and DINNERS
• Coppin’s at Hotel Covington – Sunday Supper with Rhinegeist Sunday at 7:00 pm. “$35 per person gets you 4 courses of food paired with beer, plus a special welcome beer. There will be special guests from Rhinegeist, as well as Chef Brendan Haren. Call 859.905.6800 now to reserve your seat, space is limited.”
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Blank Slate at Fairfield and from Ballast Point at Eastgate.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from Great Flood Brewing. The beers include Black Sunday Milk Stout, Irish Hill Red, ’37 Porter, Cinnamon Toasted Brown, Defiant Double IPA and Barrel Aged ’37 Imperial Porter. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – BC’s First Anniversary Saturday from 11:00 am to midnight. Beer list includes BA Narwhal (Sierra Nevada), BA Bigfoot (Sierra Nevada), BA Java Man Cometh (Dayton BC), Hop Juju (Fat Head’s), Noble Cuvee Dry Hop Saison (Blackberry Farms), Gentleman Caller (Urban Family), BA Ten Fidy (Oskar Blues), BA Vanilla/Cinnamon Chickow (Listermann Brewing), Hammer Session (The Woodburn Brewery), Maple BA Abominator (Warped Wing), BA Coffee/Vanilla Dark, Apparition (Jackie O’s), Yellow Belly (Omnipollo/Buxton), Mango Wit (Homestead Beer), Coffee/Cayenne Axis Mundi (Madtree Brewing), Coconut Panther (Rhinegeist Brewery), Quad Pro Quo (Fifty West Brewing), BBA Old Rasputin (North Coast Brewing), Vietnamese Speedway (Alesmith Brewing), Mokasida Speedway (Alesmith Brewing), BA Bison (Homestead Beer), Snakes in a Barrel (West Sixth), How Do You Like Them Apples (Moonlight Meadery), Juicy Truth (Rhinegeist Brewery), and The Gadget (Urban Artifact).
• Braxton Brewing – Haven Can Release Friday at 5:00 pm.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Local Friday featuring MadTree at 5:00 pm. They’ll have Citra High and MadTree’s Experimental Pale Ale on tap.
• Dickmann’s Sports Cafe – Narragansett KY Launch Friday at 4:00 pm.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Mini Amelia Beerhart Saturday from noon to 11:00 pm. From Facebook: “Since we’re getting close to our closing date- we’re getting a little sentimental about our favorite events over the past 3 years. One of the events that we are most proud of is Amelia Beerhart, an event we hosted in 2016 which celebrated women in the craft beer industry. All day March 4th we will be jamming to the Girl Power radio station, watching strong women in film and givin’ it up for the ladies in the house! Think of it like ladies night but with free stickers, Ei8ht Ball swag and raffles!”
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom