Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
HAPPY NATIONAL BEER DAY! (aka the 84th anniversary of the relegalization of beer after Prohibition.)
TASTINGS, TOURS and DINNERS
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Great Lakes at Fairfield and from Great Lakes at Eastgate too.
• Lehr’s Prime Market – Christian Moerlein beer tasting Friday from 4:00-7:00 pm. Beers include OTR, Pacer, FC Blood Orange IPA, Stawberry Pig, and the Thirteen/164 anniversary beer.
• OTR Biergarten – Featuring beers from Streetside Brewery this weekend. They will be pouring Tea Bags, a honey blonde ale with green tea, and Raspberry Beret, a Berliner Weisse with raspberries. The April Biergarten hours are Saturday, 11am-6pm and Sunday, 11am-4 pm.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from TBA. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• Braxton Brewing – Velveteen Chocolate and Beer Pairing Sunday at 1:00 pm. Tickets are available for purchase for this Girls Pint Out event which will included four tasters plus chocolate pairings and a pint of your choice after the event. The cost is $23.76 per person.
• Brink Brewing – Queen City Bee Beer release Saturday at noon. This beer was made on “Big Boots Brew Day” as part of Pink Boots Society to take part in International Women’s Day to raise the profile of women in the beer industry and to raise the profile of beer to women. The women of Brink brewed this in collaboration with the ladies of Fibonacci Brewing Company and Marty’s Hops & Vines.
• Christian Moerlein Malt House – Tank 9 Project release for New Brew Friday at 4:00 pm. From Facebook: “April’s release is a Pale Wheat Ale coming in at 5.2% ABV and 31 IBU this is like Moerlein’s OG Altered Pale Ale but the 2.0 edition. Brought to you by Brewer Al, it uses mandarina bavaria and lemon drop hops These hops give the beer a nice tangerine and lemon citrus aroma and flavor. It is a crisp, refreshing beer perfect for the summer time.”
• Municipal Brew Works – Walk in the Park Pilsner release Friday at 4:00 pm.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom