● Tonight’s Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence will be opening a selection of beers from the Brooklyn Brewery. In addition to the bottles on the tasting table, they will be tapping two rare beers from the Brooklyn Brewmasters Reserve Series: Dark Matter Bourbon and Rye Whisky Barrel Aged Brown Ale and Blast I.I.P.A. You can get a free pint glass with Brooklyn growler fills. Brooklyn Brewery t-shirts available for $5.99 each. Remember that the cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
● At this week’s Cork ‘N Bottle beer tastings, they will feature at Covington: On the growler station (prices include empty growler): Cork’n Brew Brown Ale ($7.99), Goose Island Matilda ($12.99) / Pepe Nero ($14.99), Founders Double Trouble ($13.50) / Boulder Mojo Rising ($9.99), Summit Maibock ($6.99) / Schlafly Pilsner ($5.99) and in bottles on Friday, it’s Schlafly Export IPA, Schlafly Raspberry Hefe, Schlafly Kolsch. At the Buttermilk Pike location, on the growler station, it’s Sierra Nevada Glissade ($4.99), Goose Island Matilda ($12.99), Cumberland Creme Ale ($5.99), Founders Red’s Rye P.A. ($7.99). And in bottles, it’s Boulder Brewing’s Looking Glass series that was postponed from last week featuring Sweaty Betty, Hazed and Infused, Mojo and Mojo Rising. No tastings on Saturday at either location until spring. The tastings at both locations are from 4:00 – 7:00 pm on Fridays and from 2:00 – 5:00 pm on Saturdays. Cost is $1 for 6 to 8 beers.
● D.E.P.’s Fine Wine and Spirits beer tasting today at their Fort Thomas location is tasting Brasserie Thiriez this week. The tasting usually goes from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Growler stations in both the Covington store and the Ft. Thomas store coming soon.
● On the Growler Station at Party Town in Florence: Three Floyds Dreadnaught ($16.99), Avery 16th Anniversary ($8.99), Founders Centennial IPA ($8.99), Sierra Nevada Glissade ($5.99), Schlafly APA ($6.99), Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti ($10.99), Cumberland Red Ale ($5.99), BBC Queens Knickers ($9.99), Rye 75 ($6.99), Bell’s Two-Hearted Ale ($9.99), Sierra Nevada Bigfoot ($6.99), Dogfish Head 90 min IPA ($11.99), Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter ($8.99) and Great Lakes Conway’s Irish ($6.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler add $2.00.
● On the Growler Station at Party Source in Bellevue: Guiness Irish Stout ($5.99), Harp Lager ($5.99), Smithwicks Irish Ale ($5.99), Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA ($14.99), Flying Dog Gonzo ($12.99), Ommegang Three Philosophers ($24.99) and Dogfish Head Raison D’etre ($12.99). Prices include empty growler.