● As we mentioned earlier this week, tonight’s Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence is the second installment of their Back Room Brawl series. This time, they are featuring Founders Brewing Company of Michigan. Jon Host of Founders will be on hand and he is bringing some rare barrels available for tasting and growler fills including Sappy Slappy, Black Biscut, Bourbon Barrel Porter, Imperial Stout and more. Party Town is also promising a selection of bottles from Founders to try including “a special surprise”. They are going to have giveaways and Founders swag will be available for available for purchase.. Remember that the cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
● At this week’s Cork ‘N Bottle beer tastings, they will feature at Covington: On the growler station: Cumberland Brewery American Red Ale, Cork’n Brew Brown Ale, Boulder Mojo Rising Double Imperial IPA, Christian Moerlien Emancipator and in bottles on Friday Founders Pale Ale, Avery Salvation, Schlafly Extra Irish Stout. At the Buttermilk Pike location, on the growler station, it’s Sierra Nevada Bigfoot, Goose Island IPA, Gulden Draak, Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout. And in bottles, it’s O’Fallon 5-Day IPA, O’Fallon Smoked Porter, O’Fallon Chocolate Cherry Ale. No tastings on Saturday at either location until spring. The tastings at both locations are from 4:00 – 7:00 pm on Fridays and from 2:00 – 5:00 pm on Saturdays. Cost is $1 for 6 to 8 beers.
● D.E.P.’s Fine Wine and Spirits beer tasting today at their Fort Thomas location is not known at time of publication. We’ll update if we get this information. The tasting usually goes from 4:00 to 6:00 pm.
● On the Growler Station at Party Town in Florence: Bourbon Barrel Smoked Stout ($12.99), Goose Island Honkers Ale ($6.99), Dogfish 90 Minute ($11.99), Lindemans Framboise ($24.99), Founders Centennial IPA ($8.99), Robert the Bruce ($6.99), Brandy Barrel Queens Knickers ($9.99), Flying Dog Raging Bitch ($8.99), Rye 75 Cascade Dry Hopped ($7.99), BBC Bourbon Rye Porter ($8.99), Unibroue Ephemere ($12.99), Great Lakes Burning River ($6.99), Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald ($6.99), Bell’s Two-Hearted Ale ($9.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler add $2.00.
● On the Growler Station at Party Source in Bellevue: Quaff Bros Tripel Rot ($16.99), BBC Queen’s Knickers ($13.99) d’Achouffe La Chouffe ($21.99), Bell’s Cherry Stout ($14.99), Goose Island Bourbon County Stout ($29.99), Dogfish Head Red and White ($28.99), Left Coast Old Rasputin ($12.99), Founders Old Curmudgeon ($22.99). Prices include empty growler.