● City Cellars at 908 Race Street is having a Beer Closeout party today from 4 to 9 p.m. You can get $8 draft pitchers and select 500ml bottles for $2. Some select 650ml and 750ml bottles are buy one, get one free. Plus, the wood fired pizza oven will be cranking out the pies. Check out their web site for more information. (Thanks to Jason Siebert, Hoperative #34, for passing this information along to us.)
● Tonight’s Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence feature Avery Brewing Company of Colorado. In addition, they will be tapping Avery 15th and 16th Anniversary Ales and giving growler customers a free Avery pint glass with a fill of either beer. Remember that the cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
● At this week’s Cork ‘N Bottle beer tastings, they will feature at Covington: On the growler station: Summit Maibock, Goose Island Matilda, Cork ‘n Brew Brown Ale/ Boulder Mojo Rising IPA and in bottles on Friday, it’s a Mini-Bock Fest featuring Steigl Columbus Bock, Ayinger Weizen Bock, Sierra Nevada Glissade Golden Bock, Berghoff Bock. At the Buttermilk Pike location, on the growler station, it’s Gulden Draak, Avery White Rascal, Goose Island IPA and Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout. And in bottles, it’s O’Fallon tasting that was rescheduled from last week: Cherry Chocolate Ale, 5-Day IPA and Smoked Porter. No tastings on Saturday at either location until spring. The tastings at both locations are from 4:00 – 7:00 pm on Fridays and from 2:00 – 5:00 pm on Saturdays. Cost is $1 for 6 to 8 beers.
● At Main Street Wine and Spirits, they will be tasting bocks from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. They are located at 1252 W. Ohio Pike, Amelia, OH.
● D.E.P.’s Fine Wine and Spirits beer tasting today at their Fort Thomas location is tasting Flying Dog this week. The tasting usually goes from 4:00 to 6:00 pm.
● On the Growler Station at Party Town in Florence: Bourbon Barrel Smoked Stout ($12.99), Three Floyds Behemoth Barleywine ($18.99), Dogfish Head 90 Minute ($11.99), Lindemans Framboise ($24.99), Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ($6.99), Founders Bourbon Barrel Porter ($14.99), BBC Brandy Barrel Queens Knickers ($9.99), Ommegang Rare Vos ($10.99), Rye 75 ($6.99), Stone Oaked Arrogant ($11.99), Unibroue Ephemere ($12.99), Great Lakes Burning River ($6.99), Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald ($6.99), Bell’s Two-Hearted Ale ($9.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler add $2.00.
● On the Growler Station at Party Source in Bellevue: Founders Centennial IPA ($12.99), Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter ($14.99), d’Achouffe La Chouffe ($21.99), Bell’s Cherry Stout ($14.99), Goose Island Bourbon County Stout ($29.99), Dogfish Head Red and White ($28.99), Three Floyds Topless Witch ($23.99), Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale ($10.99). Prices include empty growler.