We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Growlers Report after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
TASTINGS AND TAPPINGS
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Oskar Blues tasting from 4:00 to 7:00 pm Friday featuring Dale’s Pale Ale, G’Knight Imperial Red IPA, Old Chub Scotch Ale and Ten Fiddy Imperial Stout
● Dilly Café – Great Lakes Super Beers Night: Pub Exclusive beer Truth, Justice and the American Ale; Silver & Gold 25th Anniversary IPL, Class of ’88 Imperial Smoked Porter (w/Deschutes), Dortmunder Gold Lager and Mango Infused Commodore Perry IPA. Get flight of all five beers along with food pairings for $20. Great Lakes rep on hold to answer questions.
● Everything’s d’ Vine – Tasting is at 5:30 pm each week and costs $10 for beer and wine tastings. You can get just beer or just wine for $5.00. This week’s beers (8/16) are Anderson Valley Hop Ottin’ IPA, Breckenridge Agave Wheat, Left Hand Polestar Pilsner, 5 Rabbit 5 Grass Hoppy Ale and Stone 17th Anniversary IPA.
● Liquor Cabinet – Beer and wine tastings on Friday from 4:00 to 8:00 pm and Saturday from 2:00 to 6:00 pm. Beers include Sixpoint Bengali Tiger and four from New Holland: Farmhouse Hatter Belgian IPA, Black Hatter American Black Ale, Oak-aged Hatter IPA and Rye Hatter IPA.
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Moerlein Lager House – Hop Shop Cask Tapping Friday at 5:00 pm – This time, it’s their Dubel IPA, dry hopped with Centennial hops.
● Party Town – Friday Night Flights features six to eight beers each week. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. This week’s beers (8/16) are TBA.
● August Five Points Alley Biergarten – Featuring MadTree Brewing this month. Go to http://www.walnuthillsrf.org/fivepoints/#1 for more information.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES
● Christian Moerlein Craft Brewery (as of August 2nd) have Barbarossa, Helles Golden Lager, Northern Liberties IPA, OTR Ale, Rhapsody Bohemian Pilsner and Seven Hefeweizen. $7 for Growler refills every Friday, $10 Growler refills on Saturday & Sunday. New growlers are $5. Tap Room is located at 1621 Moore Street in Cincinnati’s Historic Over-The-Rhine Brewery District.
● Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing (as of April 4th) have Lateral Oatmeal Sweet Stout, Triple Digit Aftermath, Triple Digit Gravitator, Friar Bacon Smoked Bock, Jungle Honey, Leopold Belgian Blonde, Triple Digit Chickow!, Nutcase Peanut Butter Porter, Pre-Prohibition Lager and a brand new beer: Serpentine Wheat. New growlers are $3.
● MadTree Brewing (as of June 27th) has PsycHOPathy ($10), Happy Amber ($10), Gnarly Brown ($10), Pleasant Wheat ($10), Wheat Eater ($10), Axis Mundi ($15), Flight of Simcoe ($10) and Identity Crisis ($12.50 – currently out, but back soon). New growlers are $5 and they will fill other growlers.
● Mt. Carmel Brewing (as of August 2nd) has Nut Brown, Amber, Stout, Blonde, IPA, Summer Wheat, Dew Wheat, and Harvest Ale. The cost is $8.00 for year rounds and seasonals. Specialty beers (like Ardennes Belgian Quad in the past) are $18.00. It’s $4 for the purchase of a growler. [Thanks to Shayne Brammer for this update.]
● Rhinegeist Brewery (as of June 28th) has Cougar Gold ($6 for 32 oz, $10 for 64 oz), Truth West Coast IPA ($8 for 32 oz, $12 for 64 oz), Uncle British Mild ($6 for 32 oz, $10 for 64 oz) & Spikelet Hoppy Wheat ($6 for 32 oz, $10 for 64 oz). Saber Tooth Tiger Imperial IPA to be tapped Saturday, August 3rd. Pricing is for refills. New growlers are $5 for either the 32 or 64 oz.
● Rivertown Brewing (as of August 17th) has Helles Lager, Blueberry Lager, Dunkel Lager, Jenneke Belgian Golden Ale, Unit 6 American Hefeweizen, Hop Bomber Pale Ale, Lil’ SIPA, Hop Baron DIPA, Pumpkin Ale and Roebling Vanilla Espresso Porter. Growler fills are $8.50 for most beers and high gravity beers are $11.70 (both prices are with tax). If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra. Sour Cherry Porter Bottles are $13.99 plus tax (limited two).
GROWLERS AT BREW PUBS
● Fifty West Brewing (as of April 4th) has Alternate Route, Armadillo Crossing, Coast to Coast, Coffee Please, Gaddy’s Irish Red, Interstate Ryeway, Main Street Amber, Robinson’s Circus, Shifting Gears, Speedbump Kolsch and Thirty-37. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● Moerlein Lager House (as of August 2nd) has the following beers available for growler fills: Barbarossa, Helles Golden Lager, Northern Liberties IPA, OTR Ale, Rhapsody Bohemian Pilsner and Seven Hefeweizen. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. Growler refills are $7 on Tuesdays and Fridays. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. They only fill their own growlers.
● Rock Bottom Cincinnati sells growlers of all their regular beers. Most growler fills are $13.50. They only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT RESTAURANTS
● Adriatico’s now does growler fills. An empty growler is $5 and it sounds like they only fill their own. Pricing varies by beer. Unfortunately, we do not have a current draft beer listing for them, but a representative listing is available on their Facebook menu page.
● Buckhead Mountain Grill does growler fills. As of April 18th, they had Falls City, West Sixth IPA, Upland Wheat, Angry Orchard Crisp, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, Rivertown Blueberry Lager, Mt. Carmel Amber, Mt. Carmel Nut Brown, Southern Tier 2X IPA, Blue Moon, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, Samuel Adams Summer Ale, Third Shift Amber Lager, Bell’s Oberon, Franziskaner Hefe, Guinness, Stella Artois, Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale, Miller Lite and Bud Light. The cost is $16 for a “fill of any craft or import beer offered in a 16oz serving size” (add $5 for a new Buckhead growler).
● Flipdaddy’s (both locations) also does growler fills. At their Wooster Pike location, their permanent drafts are Bell’s Two Hearted, Breckenridge 471, Blue Moon, Weinenstephan Hefe Weissbier, Miller Lite, Stella Artois, Brooklyn Lager, Mt. Carmel Amber, Smithwick’s, Yuengling, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, MadTree Gnarly Brown, Guinness and New Holland The Poet. Their Rotating Drafts (as of 8/11/13): Bell’s Oberon, Jackie O’s Waka Waka Waka, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, Oskar Blues Deviant Dale’s, Crispin Cider, Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster, Southern Tier 2X Stout (nitro), Oskar Blues G’Knight, Oskar Blues Gubna, Boulder Mojo (nitro).
● Incline Public House has growlers available for all 12 of their beers on tap. Growlers are $5 and fills are 3 times pint price that are currently $5, $6 and $7.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● Cork ‘N Bottle Buttermilk Pike (as of April 19th) had Breckenridge Pandora’s Bock, Flying Dog Wildman, Green Flash Le Freak, Weihenstephaner, Bell’s Oberon, Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad with Plums, Great Lakes Ohio Stout and Hudy Bock.
● Cork ‘N Bottle Covington (as of April 19th) had Blue Moon Juniper Ale, Anderson Valley Bourbon, Cincy Beer Week Porter, Hudy Bock, Left Hand Scrimsaw, Bell’s Smitten, Dark Horse Amber and Breckenridge Pandora’s Bock.
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot in Anderson (as of August 12th) has R.J. Rocker Son of a Peach ($10.99), Uinta Cockeyed Cooper Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine ($18.99), Elevator Brewing Three Frogs IPA ($9.99), Goose Island The Illinois Imperial IPA ($18.99), Anderson Valley El Steinber Dark Lager ($9.99), Green Flash Hop Head Red Red IPA ($12.99), Cismontane Black’s Dawn Imperial Stout ($13.99) and Great Lakes Christmas Ale ($8.99).
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Fort Thomas (as of June 20th) has Upland Campside ($6.99), Sixpoint Apollo ($7.99), Southern Tier IPA ($7.99), Rivertown Fat Happy Monk ($14.99), Founders Double Trouble ($13.99), Sierra Nevada Blonde Ale ($12.99), Great Lakes Oatmeal Stout ($11.99), New Holland Michigan Hatter ($11.99), Leinenkugel Big Eddy Imperial IPA ($11.99), Left Hand Ambidextrous ($16.99), Ommegang Flour De Houblon ($8.99), Apocalypse Fallout Dust ($7.99), Brooklyn Blast ($9.99), Goose Island Summer ($10.99), Oskar Blues Oskar de Grouch ($16.99), Estaminet Belgian Pilsner ($6.99), Schlafly Imperial Bourbon Barrel ($9.99), Arcadia 16th Anniversary ($12.99), Stone Imperial Espresso Stout ($16.99), Sam Adams Porch Rocker ($8.99), Atwater Voodoo Vator ($11.99), Rogue Dead Guy Ale ($8.99), Blank Slate Lesser Paths IPA ($9.99) and Crispin Original Cider ($10.99). Their growler price is $4 “with a credit of $2 if you return an old growler.”
● Everything’s d’ Vine – They recently added a growler station. The beers on tap (as of August 9th) are Fat Head’s Head Hunter IPA, Breckenridge Agave Wheat, Left Hand Polestar Pilsner.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate (as of c. August 3rd) has Great Lakes Wright Pils, Bell’s Oberon, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, West Sixth IPA, Rivertown Pumpkin Ale, Blank Slate Ryesing Up, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Sierra Nevada South Hemisphere Harvest, Jackie O’s Dark Apparition, Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout and Fat Heads Headhunter IPA. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each. [Thanks to Ben Damon and Jessica Blank for providing this update.]
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield (as of c. August 3rd) has Great Lakes Wright Pils, Unita Hop Notch, Rivertown Blueberry, Great Lakes Oktoberfest, Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, Bell’s Oberon, Madtree Psychopathy, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Paulaner Oktoberfest, Kona Longboard Lager, Founders Dirty Bastard, Fat Heads Headhunter IPA, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Thirsty Dog Citra Dog and Victory Golden Monkey. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each. [Thanks to Jessica Blank and Ben Damon for this update.]
● Liquor Cabinet in Hebron (as of August 8th) has Brooklyn Scorcher, Schlafly Milk Chocolate Stout, Abita Jockamo, Great Lakes Oatmeal Stout, Schlafly Maibock, Left Hand Good JuJu, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and Great Lakes White Ale.
● Market Wines (as of August 16th) has Uinta Wyld Extra Pale, Avery White Rascal, Triton Fieldhouse Wheat, North Peak Wanderer, Epic Sour Apple Saison, Great Lakes Silver and Gold and Highland Oatmeal Porter. They have empty growlers (64 oz) and growelettes (32 oz) for sale for $5 each.
● One Stop Liquors in Bellevue has Bell’s Oberon ($10.99), Woodchuck Cider and Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($11.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● Party Source in Bellevue (as of August 16th) has La Trappe Witte ($18.99), Quaff Bros. Savage Blank ($14.99), Left Hand Week Sauce ($14.99), open tap, Stiegl Lemon Radler ($10.99), New Albanian Hoptimus ($10.99), Sweetwater 420 ($8.99), Southern Tier Plum Noir ($16.99), Dogfish Head Aprihop ($12.99) and Brooklyn Summer ($9.99). All prices are for a 64 oz. refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● Party Town in Florence (as of August 16th) has Apocalypse Fallout Dust Peppercorn Ale ($6.99), Arcadia Hopmouth Double IPA ($9.99), Blank Slate Lesser Path Wheat IPA ($9.99), Brooklyn Scorcher #366 Session IPA ($6.99), Country Boy Schnicklefritz Spruce Brown Ale ($7.99), Country Boy Shotgun Wedding Vanilla American Brown Ale ($8.99), Country Boy Amos Moses American Brown Ale, Dark Horse Fore Smoked Stout ($8.99), Dogfish Head Festina Peche Peach Wheat Ale ($9.99), Founders Centennial IPA ($10.99), Founders Dirty B@st@rd Scotch Ale ($10.99), Founders Porter ($10.99), Left Hand Twin Sisters Double IPA ($17.99), New Holland Black Hatter ($10.99), Redd’s Apple Ale ($7.99), Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine ($12.99), Sierra Nevada Belgian IPA ($17.99) and Three Floyds Jinx Proof Pilsner ($8.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● Remke Hyde Park (as of Feb. 20th) has Blank Slate Shroominous, Blank Slate The Lesser Path, Blank Slate Movin’ On, Blank Slate Out and About and Red Hook Audible.
● Remke Skytop (as of April 26th) has Blue Moon Brewing Co Pine in the Neck, Blank Slate Movin On, Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler, Redd’s Apple Ale and Triple Digit Chickow.
● United Liquor in Florence (as of July 19th) has Three Floyds Pride and Joy ($9.99), Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($11.99), Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout ($18.99), Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA ($11.99), Founders Rubaeus ($18.49) and Three Floyds Robert the Bruce ($9.99).
● Valley Wine & Spirits (as of May 6th) has Oskar Blues Old Chub, Widmer Hopside Down, Southern Tier 2x Steam, Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster, Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale, Sam Adams Grumpy Monk, Bell’s Oberon, Red Hook ESB, Oskar Blues Mama’s Little Yella Pils and Ky Bourbon Barrel Ale.
● Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings (as of August 6th) are Elevator Mogabi Hoppy Wheat, Highland Razor Wit, Southern Tier Plum Noir, Triple Digit Chickow!, Dogfish Head Burton Baton and one empty tap. Regular fill prices are $7.49 for the 32 oz growler and $14.99 for the 64 oz growler. They also have Happy Hour pricing on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm with $4.99 for the 32 oz growler and $9.99 for the 64 oz growler. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks to Ed Paff for the update.]
● Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings (as of July 30th) are MadTree PsycHOPathy IPA, Blank Slate The Lesser Path, Bell’s Oarsman, Brooklyn Scorcher #366, 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon, and possibly Summit Summer Ale. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks to Robert Fellows for this update.]