Our Banks location will be playing host to Ballast Point Brewing Company and some super cool brews next Wednesday evening, July 26th, beginning at 6pm!
Grunion: American Pale Ale originating from an employee-only home brew contest.
Sea Rose: Tart Cherry Wheat Ale is a fresh take on fruit beer! The American Wheat style is light and clean, while fresh cherry juice adds a soft coral color and fruity nose.
Watermelon Dorado: The Watermelon Dorado Double IPA is not one to back down from big flavors. Mash, kettle, and dry-hopping blend to create a huge hop profile that is balanced by a blast of watermelon.
Unfiltered Sculpin: The Unfiltered Sculpin IPA packs extra hops into every sip, enhancing the classic Sculpin notes of fresh apricot, peach, mango, and lemon with a slight haze and less bitterness.
….. and then the big one!!!!
Blackberry Sour Wench: Sour Wench was a Home Brew Mart recipe that was made every year for the Southern California Home brewers Fest in Temecula. The tartness of the Oregon State Marion Blackberries, at one pound per gallon, was a perfect addition for this sour style.
Ballast Point will be taking over some taps for “Bob-A-Palooza”
Pouring Thai Chili Wahoo, Manta Ray DIPA, Unfiltered Sculpin and Bonito Blonde!!
Live Music, Good food, Great Beer!
Ballast Point will be partying at Wunderbar this coming Thursday night! We will be featuring Cali Kolsch, Sour Wench, Orange Fathom and Manta Ray DIPA!!! Come drink some of San Diegos finest and belt out some tunes.
We’ll have Unfiltered, Pineapple, Grapefruit and Sculpin on draft to celebrate “Summer of Sculpin”…Trivia night as well, swag and prizes available!
Are you ready for a night of refreshing adult beverages courtesy of Ballast Point? We sure are and they are very excited to bring in some light, easy drinking ales. Enjoy the gorgeous weather on the Habits Patio while you decide which brew delivers you to a springtime paradise most effectively!
Beers tapped at 6pm
*PIneapple Sculpin- A tropical take on a tried-and-true favorite.
*Sea Rose Cherry Wheat Ale – A crisp wheat ale with a tart cherry twist.
*Bonita Blonde Lager – An approachable beer, with some substance!
Check out our Better Beer Happy Hours, Etc. page for regularly scheduled events and specials. We are only list events here that are unique for this coming week in beer. Remember to check our Events Calendar throughout the week to see events that are added after our Monday morning publication time.
Monday, May 29th at 11:00 am – Graeter’s Glass Giveaway at Incline Public House
Monday, May 29th at 12:00 pm – Memorial Day Bash at Brink Brewing
Monday, May 29th-Wednesday, May 31st – Braxton Tap Takeover at Brothers Newport
Tuesday, May 30th at 7:00 pm – Great Lakes Trivia Night at Hebron Brew Haus
Wednesday, May 31st at 6:00 pm – Fat Heads / MadTree Collaboration at Zip’s Café
Wednesday, May 31st at 6:00 pm – Ballast Point Tap Takeover at Habits Café
Wednesday, May 31st at 7:00 pm – Monthly Keg Tapping at Hofbräuhaus Newport
Thursday, June 1st from 5:00-8:00 pm – Tropical Truth Ice Cream Social at Rhinegeist
Thursday, June 1st from 5:00-8:00 pm – Taft’s Ale House Can Launch at O’Bryan’s Wine & Spirits
Thursday, June 1st from 5:00-10:00 pm – Fat Head’s Pint Night at Cappy’s Wines and Spirits
Thursday, June 1st at 6:00-9:00 pm – Rockmill Brewery Tasting at BC’s Bottle Lodge
Thursday, June 1st at 6:00-10:00 pm – Pint Night at Cock and Bull Main Strasse
Thursday, June 1st at 6:00-10:00 pm – Pint Night at Cock and Bull Glendale
Thursday, June 1st at 6:00-10:00 pm – Pint Night at Cock and Bull Main Hyde Park
Thursday, June 1st at 7:00 pm – Kwaremont Kick Off at Taste of Belgium at the Banks
Thursday, June 1st at 7:00 pm – Braxton Pint Night at Hebron Brew Haus
Friday, June 2nd-Saturday, June 3rd – 2017 Valley Vineyards Wine and Beer Festival
Friday, June 2nd from 5:00-8:00 pm – Warped Wing Tap Takeover at Lehr’s Prime Market
Friday, June 2nd from 5:00-9:00 pm – SweetWater Pint Night at Jungle Jim’s Eastgate
Friday, June 2nd from 5:00-9:00 pm – Uinta Pint Night at Jungle Jim’s Fairfield
Friday, June 2nd from 5:00-11:00 pm – Lagunitas Takes Gypsys
Friday, June 2nd from 5:30-7:00 pm – Friday Night Flights at Party Town
Saturday, June 3rd at 10:00 am – Sabotage and Babycat Meowface Can Release at Listermann’s Brewing
Tonight’s Pint Night features bodacious brews from Ballast Point available at the growler bar, with pints from $3! We might even have a special pint glass, so be on the lookout. Entry for Pint Night is free.
This week (and month), we launch our new events calendar. You can easily find it by clicking the Events link above or by going to https://www.hoperatives.com/events/2017-05/ for the May 2017 events. We will still doing our This Week in Beer post each Monday, but any events that we learn of after Monday mornings will be just added to the Events calendar. The Friday Tastings and Tappings Report posts are being retired with the addition of the Events calendar.
Hope you enjoy our new format!
Check out our Better Beer Happy Hours, Etc. page for regularly scheduled events and specials. We are only list events here that are unique for this coming week in beer.
Monday, May 1st at 5:00-11:59 pm – Nice Little Monday Series at Rhinegeist
Tuesday, May 2nd at 6:00 pm – Trivia night with Lexington Brewing Company at The Casual Pint-Oakley Station
Wednesday, May 3rd at 6:00 pm – Lagunitas Tap Takeover Trivia Night at Mellow Mushroom (Wilder)
Wednesday, May 3rd at 6:00 pm – Tröegs Scratch Feature at Habits Café
Thursday, May 4th from 5:00-8:00 pm – Founders KBS Tap Takeover at The Lackman
Thursday, May 4th from 5:00-10:00 pm – Clown Shoes Pint Night at Cappy’s Wines and Spirits
Thursday, May 4th at 6:00-10:00 pm – Pint Night Thursdays at Cock & Bull (all three locations)
Thursday, May 4th at 7:00 pm – Southern Tier Pint Night at Hebron Brew Haus
Friday, May 5th from 4:00-9:00 pm – Rhinegeist Cinco De Mayo Tap Takeover at Fogarty’s Irish Pub
Friday, May 5th from 5:00-9:00 pm – Ballast Point Pint Night at Jungle Jim’s (Fairfield)
Friday, May 5th from 5:00-9:00 pm – Heavy Seas & Jungle Jim’s Collaboration Cask Beer Release at Jungle Jim’s (Eastgate)
Friday, May 5th from 5:00-9:00 pm – Twisted Bit Can Release at Braxton Brewing
Friday, May 5th from 5:30-7:00 pm – Friday Night Flights at Party Town
It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please. Check out Events Calendar later in the week to see what brewery they are featuring.
Saturday, May 6th at 10:00 am – Ms. E and Yoda Potato Can Release at Listermann Brewing
Saturday, May 6th at noon – Saber Tooth Tiger Launch Party at Rhinegeist
Saturday, May 6th at 2:00 pm – Derby Day Party at Braxton Brewing
Saturday, May 6th at 2:00 pm – Derby Party with Braxton Brewing at Cappy’s Wine and Spirits
Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
TASTINGS, TOURS and DINNERS
• Coppin’s at Hotel Covington – Sunday Supper with Rhinegeist Sunday at 7:00 pm. “$35 per person gets you 4 courses of food paired with beer, plus a special welcome beer. There will be special guests from Rhinegeist, as well as Chef Brendan Haren. Call 859.905.6800 now to reserve your seat, space is limited.”
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Blank Slate at Fairfield and from Ballast Point at Eastgate.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from Great Flood Brewing. The beers include Black Sunday Milk Stout, Irish Hill Red, ’37 Porter, Cinnamon Toasted Brown, Defiant Double IPA and Barrel Aged ’37 Imperial Porter. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – BC’s First Anniversary Saturday from 11:00 am to midnight. Beer list includes BA Narwhal (Sierra Nevada), BA Bigfoot (Sierra Nevada), BA Java Man Cometh (Dayton BC), Hop Juju (Fat Head’s), Noble Cuvee Dry Hop Saison (Blackberry Farms), Gentleman Caller (Urban Family), BA Ten Fidy (Oskar Blues), BA Vanilla/Cinnamon Chickow (Listermann Brewing), Hammer Session (The Woodburn Brewery), Maple BA Abominator (Warped Wing), BA Coffee/Vanilla Dark, Apparition (Jackie O’s), Yellow Belly (Omnipollo/Buxton), Mango Wit (Homestead Beer), Coffee/Cayenne Axis Mundi (Madtree Brewing), Coconut Panther (Rhinegeist Brewery), Quad Pro Quo (Fifty West Brewing), BBA Old Rasputin (North Coast Brewing), Vietnamese Speedway (Alesmith Brewing), Mokasida Speedway (Alesmith Brewing), BA Bison (Homestead Beer), Snakes in a Barrel (West Sixth), How Do You Like Them Apples (Moonlight Meadery), Juicy Truth (Rhinegeist Brewery), and The Gadget (Urban Artifact).
• Braxton Brewing – Haven Can Release Friday at 5:00 pm.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Local Friday featuring MadTree at 5:00 pm. They’ll have Citra High and MadTree’s Experimental Pale Ale on tap.
• Dickmann’s Sports Cafe – Narragansett KY Launch Friday at 4:00 pm.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Mini Amelia Beerhart Saturday from noon to 11:00 pm. From Facebook: “Since we’re getting close to our closing date- we’re getting a little sentimental about our favorite events over the past 3 years. One of the events that we are most proud of is Amelia Beerhart, an event we hosted in 2016 which celebrated women in the craft beer industry. All day March 4th we will be jamming to the Girl Power radio station, watching strong women in film and givin’ it up for the ladies in the house! Think of it like ladies night but with free stickers, Ei8ht Ball swag and raffles!”
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom