We frequently get updates for this post after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot is having a beer tasting Friday from 4:00 to 7:00 pm. The beers will include Founders All Day IPA, Full Pint Perc E Bust Robust Coffee Porter, Innis & Gun Irish Whiskey Cask and Avery New World Porter.
● Everything’s d’ Vine has beer and wine tastings on Friday nights at 5:30 pm. Try six beers and six wines for $15 per person. Or you can just do wine only or beer only for $10 per person.
● Ludlow Wines‘ regular Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence features all draft barley wines this week including Three Floyds Behemoth, B.B.C. Wooden Pat’s (bourbon barrel aged), Barrel-aged Heavy Seas and more. In addition, they will have a special tapping of Founders Bolt Cutter from 5:00-6:00 pm. This pre-tasting will be an additional $5.00 for an 8 oz. pour and will only be available during the pre-tasting session. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES, BREW PUBS AND RESTAURANTS
● Buckhead Mountain Grill now does growler fills. The cost is $16 for a “fill of any craft or import beer offered in a 16oz serving size” (add $5 for a new Buckhead growler). On draft as of Nov. 16th: Great Lakes Eliot Ness, Great Lakes Christmas, Founders Harvest, Bell’s Winter White, Southern Tier 2x IPA, Oskar Blues Old Chub, Mt. Carmel Amber, Rivertown Helles, BBC Nut Brown Ale, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, PALM, Stella Artois, Blue Moon, Upland Wheat, Franziskaner Hefeweizen, Guinness, Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Thirsty Dog Irish Setter Red and Leinenkugel Snow Drift Vanilla Porter. We hear that Sierra Nevada Celebration will return when the Eliot Ness blows.
● As of December 28th, Fifty West Brewing had Coffee Please Stout, Christmas Cookie, Coast to Coast IPA, Alternate Route Brown Ale, Harley Dunkelweizen, Robinsons Circus Hefeweizen, Amber Ale, Speed Bump Kolsch and recently added – Horse and Buggy Scotch Ale, Thirty-37 Pale Ale and Forgot Stevie? Double IPA. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● The growler station at Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing had Nutcase, Leopold Belgian Blonde, Aftermath Scottish Wee Heavy, Cincinnatus, Gravitator, Friar Bacon Smoked Bock, Embree’s Baltic Porter, Enter the Beagle IPA, Jungle Honey and Chichow!. New growlers are $3.
● The following beers are currently available for growler fills at the Moerlein Lager House: Northern Liberties IPA, OTR Ale, 7 Weiss, Lager House Golden Helles, Exposition Vienna Lager, Barbarossa Double Dark Lager and POE Wee Heavy Scotch Ale. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. Growler refills are $7 on Tuesdays and Fridays. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
● As of December 28th, the growler station at Mt. Carmel‘s tap room has Dewey’s Porter, Winter, Blonde, Amber, IPA, Nut Brown, Stout and 3rd Shift Imperial Coffee Stout on their new eight tap system. The cost is $8.00 for year rounds & seasonals and $18.00 for Third Shift. It’s $4 for the purchase of a growler (new design).
● The growler station at Rivertown Brewing‘s tasting room has Infinite Schilling Scottish Ale, Roebling Porter, Hop Baron, Blue Berry Lager, Hop Bomber, Dunkel, Bock, Unit 6 and Helles. Growler fills are $7.99. If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
● At Rock Bottom Cincinnati, you can take home growlers of all their regular beers. Most growler fills are $13.50. Like all brew pubs in Ohio, they can only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● As of February 1st, the Cork ‘N Bottle growler stations’ offerings are: Buttermilk Pike location – Three Floyds Pride & Joy ($8.25), Bad Attitude Hobo IPA (swiss) ($19.99), Oskar Blues Old Chub ($10.99), Stone IPA ($12.99), North Coast Red Seal ($10.99), Dogfish Head Chicory Stout ($12.50), Brooklyn Pilsner ($8.99) and Flying Dog Wildman Belgian Ale ($11.49); Covington location – Six Point Spice of Life Columbus Hop ($9.99), Blank Slate India Amber ($10.99), Brooklyn Maple Porter ($6.99), North Coast Scrimshaw ($8.99), Left Hand Chainsaw Ale ($17.50), Lore Brewing Galactic Imperial IPA ($9.99), Anchor porter $10.99 and Great Lakes Blackout Stout ($12.99).
● UPDATE Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot (8315 Beechmont Ave., Anderson, OH) has Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, Double Barrel Bad Tom, Mojo Risin’ Double IPA, Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Yeti, Founders Reds Rye PA, Uinta Detour Double IPA, Thirsty Dog Irish Setter Red Ale and Thirsty Dog Citra Dog IPA.
● As of January 25th, the growler station at DEP’s in Fort Thomas has Blue Moon Pine In The Neck ($11.99), Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye ($6.99), Dogfish Head Indian Brown ($7.99), Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale ($7.99), Southern Tier Chokolat Stout ($12.99), Blank Slate Movin’ On ($8.99), Blank Slate Fume Cherrywood Smoked Porter ($8.99), Schlafly Tasmanian IPA ($10.99), Avery IPA ($8.99), Founders Old Curmudgeon ($13.99), Fox Barrel Pear Cider ($7.99), Sierra Nevada Estate Organic ($12.99), Heavy Seas Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine ($18.99), Anderson Valley Heelch O’ Hops Double IPA ($9.99), Schlafly Bourbon ($10.99), Widmer Brothers BRRRRRR ($16.99), Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale ($5.99), New Holland Black Hatter ($11.99), DogFish Head Burton Baton ($19.99), Sixpoint Diesel ($11.99), North Coast Pranqster ($11.99), Anubis Coffee Porter ($16.99), Southern Tier 2XStout ($12.99) and Green Flash Grand Cru ($15.99). Their growler price is $4 “with a credit of $2 if you return an old growler.”
● As of February 21st, the growler station offerings at Jungle Jim’s Eastgate included Bell’s Smitten, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Uinta Hop Notch IPA, Yuengling Bock, Kona Koko Brown, Kona Longboard Island Lager, Goose Island 312, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad w/ Sugar Plums, Rivertown Bock, 21st Amendment Sneak Attack and Mt. Carmel Springtime Ale. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they are now filling non-Jungle Jim’s growlers. As always, samples are 25 cents each.
● The growler station at the Liquor Cabinet (1990 N Bend Rd # A Hebron, KY) has added four more taps! They have Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale, Schlafly Tasmanian IPA, Arcadia Smoked Wheat, Green Flash West Coast IPA, Sixpoint Cream Ale, Breckenridge Bock, Founders All Day IPA, Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold.
● As of March 1st, the growler station at Market Wines in Findlay Market has 21st Amendment “Lower de Boom” Barley-Wine Style Ale ($6.00/glass $20/growler), Tröegs Nugget Nectar Imperial Amber Ale ($5.00/glass $14.00/growler), Ayinger Celebrator Double Bock ($5.00/glass $16.00/growler) and Triple Digit Aftermath Scottish-style Ale ($6.00/glass $18.00/ growler). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● On the growler station at One Stop Liquors (10 Donnermeyer Dr., Bellevue, KY), they currently have Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter ($9.99), Rivertown Winter Ale ($9.99) and Lexington Brewing Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($10.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● On the growler station at Party Source in Bellevue: Nogne O Kollaborator ($21.99 64oz $10.99 32oz), Against the Grain Two Tettnangers and a Microbrew ($9.99 64oz $5.00 32oz), Blank Slate Fume ($9.99 64oz $5.00 32oz), Founders All Day IPA ($10.99 64oz $5.50 32oz), Embree’s Baltic Porter ($14.99 64oz $7.50 32oz), Mikkeller Stout ($18.99 64oz $9.50 32oz), Quaff Bros. Blind Harry ($17.99 64oz $9.00 32oz) and Smuttynose Old Brown Dog ($9.99 64oz $5.00 32oz). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● On the growler station at Party Town in Florence: BBC Coffee and Cream Porter ($6.99), Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree Imperial IPA ($15.99), Dogfish Head Noble Rot ($24.99), Finch’s Cut Throat Pale Ale ($8.99), O’Fallon Hemp Hop Rye ($8.99), Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout ($17.99), Rivertown Bock ($10.99), Rivertown Infinite Shilling Scotch Ale ($15.99), Rogue Hazelnut Brown ($9.99), Schlafly American IPA ($9.99), Schlafly Bourbon Barrel Ale ($9.99), Sixpoint Diesel Stout ($9.99), Sixpoint Righteous Rye Ale ($9.99), Sixpoint Three Beans Brown Ale ($12.99), Stone Oaked Arrogant Ba$t@rd ($12.99), Stone 16th Anniversary Imperial IPA ($12.99), West Sixth India Pale Ale ($6.99) and Woodchuck Amber ($6.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● Two Remke locations now have growler stations in their stores. As of Feb. 20th, the Hyde Park Remke has Redd’s Apple Ale, Blank Slate Ryesing Up, one from Triple Digit, Rivertown Roebling and Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler. As of January 25th, the Skytop Remke has Blue Moon Valencia Grove Amber, Blue Moon Pine In The Neck, Leinenkugel Big Eddy Russian Imperial stout, Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler and Redd’s Apple Ale.
● As of Feb. 20th, United Liquor in Florence has KY Bourbon Ale, Blue Moon Pine in the Neck, Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout, Dogfish Head 60 Min. IPA, Bell’s Two Hearted Ale, Leinenkugel’s Vanilla Porter.
● Valley Wine & Spirits had Upland Dragonfly IPA, Abita Andygator, Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, Blue Moon Pine in the Neck, Breckenridge Pandora’s Bock, Harpoon Chocolate Stout, Rivertown Bock Beer, Goose Island Pere Jacques, Ommegang Rare VOS and Sam Adams Alpine Spring.
● As of Feb. 26th, Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings are Bison Organic Gingerbread Ale, Avery Hog Heaven Barley Wine, Two Brothers Cane & Ebel, Blue Moon Pine In The Neck, Left Hand Milk Stout and one tap to be filled. Regular fill prices are $7.49 for the 32 oz growler and $14.99 for the 64 oz growler. They also have Happy Hour pricing on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm with $4.99 for the 32 oz growler and $9.99 for the 64 oz growler. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks once again to Ed Paff for the update.]
● As of Feb. 6th, Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings are Goose Island Matilda Belgian-style Pale Ale, Anderson Valley Brewing Co. Gatlin Damnosis Barrel-aged Barleywine, Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA, Boulder Beer Company Mojo Risin’ Imperial IPA, 21st Amendment Brewery Marooned On Hog Island Oyster Stout and Dark Horse Brewing Co. Tres Blueberry Stout. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks once again to Ed Paff for this update too.]