We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing. Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Shorts Brewing Beer Tasting Friday from 4:00-7:00 pm.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Jackie O’s at Fairfield and from Kentucky Ale/Alltech at Eastgate.
• Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, it’s their Slaughtered Oaks Backroom Brawl. From their newsletter: “For those unfamiliar with this event, it’s an all draft salute to bourbon barrel aged deliciousness. This years lineup goes a little something this: GOOSE ISLAND Bourbon County Stout, FOUNDERS KBS, MASH CULT BA My Milk Stout Brings All The Boys To The Bar variants (Mexican Cinnamon Roll & Coffee/Vanilla Bean), COUNTRY BOY Infinite Sadness, Papaw’s Red & Sinkhole Stout, Sweetwater BA Imperial Stout, BOULEVARD Triple Julip, ABITA Bourbon Street Maple Pecan & BA Pale. Cost for this one will be $15.00.” Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
• Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
TAPPINGS and RELEASES
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight is Free Bacon Night and they will be pouring beers from Rhinegeist including Peach Dodo, Vanilla Ink, Juicy Truth, Experimental #004, and Fool Saison.
• Listermann Brewing – Chickow! Day starting Saturday at 10:00 am. From Facebook: “Lots of Chickow Variants on Draft. We will update the list as we have them ready. So far we have: Rye Whiskey Coffee Chickow!, Heaven Hill BA Chickow!, Pappy Chickow! (Last Keg!), Coconut Chocolate Chickow!, Chai Chickow!, Irish Cream Chickow!, Nuts on Nuts Chickow!, Maple Chickow!, Cinnamon Roll Chickow! and Red Hot Chickow! Not all of these will be tapped at once and some will have assigned times. Please stay tuned for updates! PLEASE BRING A MUFFIN TRAY WITH YOU IF YOU HAVE ONE!”
• O’Neal’s Tavern – Rivertown Tap Takeover tonight from 4:30-7:30 pm featuring Nice Melons, Lil Sipa, Roebling, Jeanneke and Blueberry Lager.
• Braxton Brewing – Derby Party Saturday with Kentucky Home, their mint julep style beer AND Bagel Brunch & Beermosas on Sunday starting at 11:00 am for Mother’s Day.
• Krohn Conservatory – Crafts and Crafts tonight from 5:30-7:30 pm. From Facebook: “Come see The Butterflies of the Caribbean AND enjoy sampling craft beers, music and time to shop at the Krohn Caribbean Straw Market. This is a special time for “grown-ups” only and a perfect relaxing time to see the show. (Regular Admission applies but unlimited admission pin not valid at this event. Purchase beer separately.) http://butterflyshow.com/event/crafts-and-crafts/”
• OTR Biergarten at Findlay Market – This weekend, they will have beers from Christian Moerlein (Christian Moerlein Purity Pils, Christian Moerlein OTR Pale Ale, Christian Moerlein Third Wave IPA, Christian Moerlein Strawberry Pig Cream Ale, Hudepohl Pure Lager 16oz can and Hudepohl Delight 12oz can) plus MadTree (MadTree PSA Pale Ale and MadTree Lift Kolsch).
• Trinity Episcopal Church Covington – Trinity Sprouts and Stouts today from 5:00-9:00 pm. From Facebook: “Enjoy craft beer? Enjoy live music? Enjoy gardening? Then this is the event for you. Come enjoy local craft beer on tap, live music from School of Rock Mason (5-7pm) and The Turkeys (7-9pm), and browse plants and crafts for sale from local merchants.”
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom