It’s hard to believe that BrewRiver GastroPub has only been open one year. It’s quickly become a favorite spot for believers in better beer to enjoy great food and great beer. The folks at BrewRiver have an entire week of celebrations including a series of tappings planned.
- The kick off event is a tapping of a special cask of the Listermann Beagle Series IPA dry hopped with Amarillo Hops scheduled for Tuesday, August 27th at 7:00 PM.
- The Rhinegeist tapping is a single hopped ale named Bravo that will be available at both the brewery and at BrewRiver. That tapping will occur on Thursday, August 29th at 7:00 PM.
- The Madtree tapping is a special PsycHOPathy IPA Randall version infused with hops, fresh herbs from BrewRiver’s micro garden and seasonal fruit from local farms. The tapping is set for Friday, August 30th at 7:00 PM.
- The Rivertown tapping is a Reserve Series Imperial Pilsner. It will be tapped on Saturday, August 31st at 7:00 PM.
- There will also be a tapping of a Blank Slate and Triple Digit collaboration beer later in the week.
Sour Cellar Spring Cleaning
This sounds like lots of fun. For their anniversary, BrewRiver is going to open up their personal cellar to the public. They’ve got some surprises coming on tap and some special 750ml format bottles as well. We found out that some of the surprises include Jolly Pumpkin La Roja, Jolly Pumpkin De Viento, Jolly Pumpkin Fuego del Otono, Jolly Pumpkin Madrugadda, Jolly Pumpkin Sobre Humano, Leelanau Good Harbor Golden, Leelanau Petosky Pale, Bruery Tart of Darkness, etc.
Along with their regular menu specials, Chef Michael is preparing a pig roast for the first time ever at BrewRIver. It will be served starting on Thursday, August 29th. They’ll feature a local pig from Ohio’s Premium Hog Farmers as well as coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans, and house-made pickles among other options. They promise that this will be a feast to look forward to every year.
Happy Anniversary, BrewRiver!