If you’re a fan of craft beer, then no doubt you’ve seen or heard this: “A new brewery is in opening in XYZ neighborhood!” “Oh great, another new brewery. Isn’t this market already too saturated?”
Well let’s stop arguing on Facebook/Twitter/Reddit/Instagram and let’s sit down and talk about it. Brink Brewing is proud to host a moderated discussion around this very controversial topic. We welcome craft beer owners & brewers, bloggers, and enthusiasts.
We’ll gather around our Community Table and let craft beer do what it does best: bring people together.
The Spring Grove Heritage Foundation will host the 4th Annual ‘An Afternoon with the Beer Barons’ event from 4P to 7P. Participating brewers will provide samples of their most popular and unique beers.
Food will be provided by The Delish Dish. This event will be held outdoors in the scenic Rose Garden just inside the main entrance of the cemetery. The event will be salute to the rich history of beer in Cincinnati as many of the founding Beer Barons are buried here at Spring Grove. Our Heritage Foundation docents have done extensive research on these famous families and will share their vast knowledge as our guests join the docents on air conditioned motor coach tours of the cemetery throughout the event.
The following brewers are participating this year:
Don’t get dad a tie. Instead make some memories and spend the day with dad at Brink where he can sit out on our patio, have a beer, eat some grub, and listen to live music. Believe us, that’s what dad really wants.
Legasea cafe will be serving FOOD from 4-9 and alternative folk BAND Cookin’ Hearts will be playing live music starting at 5 pm.
If you want to grab something extra for dad, we will also have special gift bags available for $50 that include a 10oz stem glass, growler glass & fill, and your choice of shirt or hat.
We aren’t usually open on Mondays but in honor of Memorial Day we will be open from 12-9pm serving up beers – including “Attitude Adjustment” a Belgian Golden Strong Ale that we will be will be releasing that day! If you don’t feel like firing up the grill Legasea cafe food truck will be serving up delicious food from 4-9 that can be enjoyed on our patio with a cold beer.
Check out our Better Beer Happy Hours, Etc. page for regularly scheduled events and specials. We are only list events here that are unique for this coming week in beer. Remember to check our Events Calendar throughout the week to see events that are added after our Monday morning publication time.
HAPPY NATIONAL BEER DAY! (aka the 84th anniversary of the relegalization of beer after Prohibition.)
TASTINGS, TOURS and DINNERS
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Great Lakes at Fairfield and from Great Lakes at Eastgate too.
• Lehr’s Prime Market – Christian Moerlein beer tasting Friday from 4:00-7:00 pm. Beers include OTR, Pacer, FC Blood Orange IPA, Stawberry Pig, and the Thirteen/164 anniversary beer.
• OTR Biergarten – Featuring beers from Streetside Brewery this weekend. They will be pouring Tea Bags, a honey blonde ale with green tea, and Raspberry Beret, a Berliner Weisse with raspberries. The April Biergarten hours are Saturday, 11am-6pm and Sunday, 11am-4 pm.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from TBA. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• Braxton Brewing – Velveteen Chocolate and Beer Pairing Sunday at 1:00 pm. Tickets are available for purchase for this Girls Pint Out event which will included four tasters plus chocolate pairings and a pint of your choice after the event. The cost is $23.76 per person.
• Brink Brewing – Queen City Bee Beer release Saturday at noon. This beer was made on “Big Boots Brew Day” as part of Pink Boots Society to take part in International Women’s Day to raise the profile of women in the beer industry and to raise the profile of beer to women. The women of Brink brewed this in collaboration with the ladies of Fibonacci Brewing Company and Marty’s Hops & Vines.
• Christian Moerlein Malt House – Tank 9 Project release for New Brew Friday at 4:00 pm. From Facebook: “April’s release is a Pale Wheat Ale coming in at 5.2% ABV and 31 IBU this is like Moerlein’s OG Altered Pale Ale but the 2.0 edition. Brought to you by Brewer Al, it uses mandarina bavaria and lemon drop hops These hops give the beer a nice tangerine and lemon citrus aroma and flavor. It is a crisp, refreshing beer perfect for the summer time.”
• Municipal Brew Works – Walk in the Park Pilsner release Friday at 4:00 pm.
Check out our Better Beer Happy Hours, Etc. page for regularly scheduled specials on better beer. We are only list events here that are unique for this coming week in beer. Most events for the weekend will be on our Friday Tastings and Tappings Report post.
Monday, Jan. 2nd at 5:00 pm – Rare Keg Monday at Ei8ht Ball Brewing
Thursday, Jan. 5th from 5:00-10:00 pm – Perrin Pint Night at Cappy’s Wines and Spirits Featuring No Rules Vietnamese Porter plus more.
Thursday, Jan. 5th at 6:00-10:00 pm – Pint Night Thursdays at Cock & Bull (all three locations)
Thursday, Jan. 5th at 7:00 pm – Brink Night at Marty’s Hops and Vines Guest bartenders from Brink Brewing picked the beers to be featured which include The Woodburn Brewery Steinpils, Nine Giant Brewing New Sensation Australian Sparkling Ale, Listermann Brewing Company Sabotage East Coast IPA, Blank Slate Brewing Company Opera Cream Stout and two more to be decided.
Thursday, Jan. 5th at 7:00 pm – Ei8ht Ball Pint Night at Hebron Brew Haus
Friday, Jan. 6th at 5:00 pm – Spotlight Tapping and Can Release at Braxton Brewing
Saturday, Jan. 7th at 10:00 am – Barrel Aged Stuff Release at Listermann Brewing Stuff is Listermann’s collaboration beer with Hoppin’ Frog. Beers available for the release include BA Stuff, Stuff, Stuff Nitro, BA German Cake Aftermath and possibly one or two more.
Saturday, Jan. 7th at 12:00 pm – Thoroughbred Variant Bottle Release at Urban Artifact They will be releasing the first 5 of 7 total cocktail variants of Thoroughbred. The bottles will retail for $15.99 plus tax and the 5 variants are: The Deveraux – Lemon zest and elderflowers; Corpse Reviver – Juniper berries, lemon zest, orange zest and grape must; King Cake Old Fashioned – Pecans, walnuts, cinnamon and vanilla beans; Kentucky Mule – Lime and ginger; and Mint Julep – Spearmint and vanilla beans.
Sunday, Jan. 8th from 10:00 am-1:00 pm – Brunch with Bell’s at Dingle House