No matter how hard we try or how many lists we keep, there always seems to be that one person that slipped off your list somehow. Or maybe you’re just a big old slacker who likes to wait until the last minute and you haven’t even started your holiday shopping yet. Either way, this list is for you. Everything listed here is digital so you don’t have to even drive anywhere to pick them up. And if your family celebrates later on and you still have some time, there’s also our other holiday gift guide.
1. Tickets for the Cincy Winter Beerfest – This event is consistently one of the best run beer festivals you will ever attend. Every year, they just keep getting better than the year before. If you buy by Christmas Day, you can get an early admission ticket for the price of a general admission. If you want to make it the best Valentines Day weekend you ever had, spring for the Connoisseurs Package and add on the hotel package at the recently renovated Hyatt Regency Cincinnati – Downtown. Most importantly, remember that crowds are smaller on Friday compared to Saturday.
2. Cincinnati Beer Week Tap Room Trolley – For the third year, Cincinnati Beer Week is offering their Tap Room Trolley once again. Scheduled for January 10th and 11th, there are three tours to choose from. Tour A leaves the Moerlein Lager House at 11:00 am and then heads to Old Firehouse, Mt. Carmel, Fifty West, Bad Tom and Blank Slate. Tour B leaves the Moerlein Lager House at 12:00 noon and heads to Cellar Dweller, MadTree, Listermann, Triple Digit and Rhinegeist. Tour C leaves the Moerlein Lager House at 1:00 pm and heads to Tap & Screw, Rivertown, Rock Bottom, Ei8ht Ball and the Christian Moerlein Tap Room. All three tours finish up at the Moerlein Lager House. The cost of $30 includes your bus transportation, brewery tours and a swag bag. Your beer is NOT included for these tours.
3. Craft Connection Brewery Tours Craft Cash – Want to give someone a local Cincinnati breweries tour, but not sure when they want to go or which breweries they want to visit? Here’s your answer. Just choose from either $45 (3 stop tour) or $55 (4 stop tour) options. You may purchase as many seats as you’d like. After you’ve made your purchase, they will email you a Craft Cash voucher with a unique code that can be used during checkout when booking a tour. Put it in a envelope or gift bag and you’re good to go.
4. Prohibition Resistance Tour Tickets – Once 2015 arrives, Bockfest will not be far behind. If the better beer fan on your list is into the history of beer in Cincinnati, a Prohibition Resistance Tour may be just the thing. If you want tours actually over Bockfest weekend, book the Bock or Doppelbock tours on March 6-8, 2015. The Lager and Industrious tours start being offered in April.
5. eBooks on Beer – If the better beer lover that you are buying for has a Kindle or a tablet with the Kindle app, you can get them a Kindle version of a better book on beer. You can even schedule it to arrive on Christmas Day. Here are some of our suggestions:
• Ambitious Brew: The Story of American Beer by Maureen Ogle
• Tasting Beer: An Insider’s Guide to the World’s Greatest Drink by Randy Mosher
• Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation by Chris White and Jamil Zainasheff