Join us Thursday, July 27 for a summer collaborative dinner with Chef Brendan Haren and Urban Artifact. We’ll have 4 courses from Chef Brendan and 5 beers from Urban Artifact for $35 (plus gratuity). We’ll be outside on the patio if the weather’s right.
With a focus on sour & wild beers, Urban Artifact celebrates Wild Culture: by the beers they artfully craft and the experiences they create in their taproom.
• Coppin’s at Hotel Covington – Sunday Supper with Rhinegeist Sunday at 7:00 pm. “$35 per person gets you 4 courses of food paired with beer, plus a special welcome beer. There will be special guests from Rhinegeist, as well as Chef Brendan Haren. Call 859.905.6800 now to reserve your seat, space is limited.”
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Blank Slate at Fairfield and from Ballast Point at Eastgate.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from Great Flood Brewing. The beers include Black Sunday Milk Stout, Irish Hill Red, ’37 Porter, Cinnamon Toasted Brown, Defiant Double IPA and Barrel Aged ’37 Imperial Porter. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – BC’s First Anniversary Saturday from 11:00 am to midnight. Beer list includes BA Narwhal (Sierra Nevada), BA Bigfoot (Sierra Nevada), BA Java Man Cometh (Dayton BC), Hop Juju (Fat Head’s), Noble Cuvee Dry Hop Saison (Blackberry Farms), Gentleman Caller (Urban Family), BA Ten Fidy (Oskar Blues), BA Vanilla/Cinnamon Chickow (Listermann Brewing), Hammer Session (The Woodburn Brewery), Maple BA Abominator (Warped Wing), BA Coffee/Vanilla Dark, Apparition (Jackie O’s), Yellow Belly (Omnipollo/Buxton), Mango Wit (Homestead Beer), Coffee/Cayenne Axis Mundi (Madtree Brewing), Coconut Panther (Rhinegeist Brewery), Quad Pro Quo (Fifty West Brewing), BBA Old Rasputin (North Coast Brewing), Vietnamese Speedway (Alesmith Brewing), Mokasida Speedway (Alesmith Brewing), BA Bison (Homestead Beer), Snakes in a Barrel (West Sixth), How Do You Like Them Apples (Moonlight Meadery), Juicy Truth (Rhinegeist Brewery), and The Gadget (Urban Artifact).
• Braxton Brewing – Haven Can Release Friday at 5:00 pm.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Local Friday featuring MadTree at 5:00 pm. They’ll have Citra High and MadTree’s Experimental Pale Ale on tap.
• Dickmann’s Sports Cafe – Narragansett KY Launch Friday at 4:00 pm.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Mini Amelia Beerhart Saturday from noon to 11:00 pm. From Facebook: “Since we’re getting close to our closing date- we’re getting a little sentimental about our favorite events over the past 3 years. One of the events that we are most proud of is Amelia Beerhart, an event we hosted in 2016 which celebrated women in the craft beer industry. All day March 4th we will be jamming to the Girl Power radio station, watching strong women in film and givin’ it up for the ladies in the house! Think of it like ladies night but with free stickers, Ei8ht Ball swag and raffles!”
Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• Arnold’s Bar and Grill – Local Local Local 8 Saturday at 8:00 pm. $3.50 pints from twenty local breweries. Reps on hand from all the breweries and music from the The Cincy Brass.
• Christian Moerlein Malt House Two events this weekend:
– Tonight is their Emancipator Doppelbock Keg Tapping at 7:00 pm. From Facebook: “Our first Bockbier of the season is about ready to pour! Emancipator was first brewed in Munich by the medieval Hermits of St. Francis, Doppelbock is a higher alcohol version of bock that served as “liquid bread” during fasting, when food was not permitted. Our version is a tribute to the original Franciscan Hermits and our brewery’s neighbors the Franciscan Friars of the Province of St. John the Baptist, serving at St. Francis Seraph and throughout the Midwest. Our Franciscan neighbors from St. Francis Seraph Church will be at the Malt House Taproom at 7 PM to bless the beer. The tapping will directly follow. Join us for an evening of new beer, live musical entertainment, and light bites from Wienerwurst Mike.”
– Saturday is their Ciderfest featuring about fifteen different infused ciders. This event is free to attend and sampling tickets can be purchased at the door (5 for $10). The complete list of different infused ciders is available on their Facebook event page.
• Rivertown Brewing – Grand opening of Monroe taproom/restaurant portion of their facility today at 4:00 pm. More information available at their Facebook event page.
TASTINGS, TOURS and DINNERS
• Christian Moerlein Malt House and Moerlein Lager House – Brunch, Beers and Breweries Sunday at 10:30 am. See their web page for more information and to buy your tickets.
• Coppin’s at Hotel Covington – Braxton Beer Dinner Sunday at 7:00 pm. Cost is $45 per person. For reservations, call (859) 905-6800. For more information, see their Facebook event page.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Avery at Fairfield and from Braxton at Eastgate.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from Rhinegeist. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – Revolution Tap Takeover tonight at 6:00 pm. Beers include Local Hero, Jukebox Hero, Deth’s Tar, Cherry Deth’s Tar, and Coffee Deth’s Tar.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – 2nd Annual Bell’s Ice Sculpture Event Saturday at 5:00 pm. See their Facebook event page for more information.
• The Casual Pint- Oakley Station – Barrel aged beer tapping Saturday at 4:00 pm.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight is Free Bacon Night and they will be pouring two beers from Southern Tier: Southern Tier 2X Oaked IPA and Raspberry Wheat.
• Fibonacci Brewing – SuSE Belgian IPA Tapping at 4:00 pm today.
• Listernmann Brewing – Brass Monkey East Coast IPA can release Saturday at 10:00 am. More information available at their Facebook event page.
• Midway Café – MadTree & Braxton Tap Takeover Friday at 6:00 pm. Beers include Spotlight White IPA, Storm Golden Cream Ale, Dead Blow Tropical Stout, and a TBA new beer from Braxton and PsycHOPathy, Rubus Cacao Raspberry Chocolate Stout, Happy Amber and Leaning Elm Kellerweis from MadTree.