We frequently get updates for this post after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
● Ludlow Wines’ regular Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm.
● For tonight’s Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence will be pouring what they’re calling “evil beers” and saying that folks in costume could win some beer swag. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES AND BREW PUBS
● The growler station at Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing has Leopold Belgian Blonde, Wet Beagle (their Wet Hopped IPA with 10 EXTRA pounds of Citra and Simcoe wet hops), Pre-Prohibition Lager, Enter the Beagle IPA, Smoked Bock, Oktoberfest and Chickow (Hazelnut Double Brown Ale) New growlers are $3.
● Did you know that the Moerlein Lager House has growlers? Their current seasonals (Lager House Golden Helles, Barbarossa, OTR, Northern Liberties, 7 Weiss, Exposition Vienna Lager, Fifth & Vine Marzen and Hell town Rye-ot Brown. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler.
● The growler station at Mt. Carmel’s tap room has Nut Brown Ale, Blonde Ale, Amber Ale and Third Shift Imperial Coffee Stout. IPA will be replacing Amber at some point. The cost is $8.00 for year rounds & seasonals and $18.00 for Third Shift. It’s $4 for the purchase of a growler (new design).
● The growler station at Rivertown Brewing’s tasting room has their Helles, Dunkel, Unit 6, Hop Baron, Blueberry Lager, Roebling, Oatmeal Stout, Pumpkin Ale, Oktoberfest and Hop Bomber. Refills are $7.99 for everything but Hop Baron and Roebling, which are $11.99. If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● As of Oct. 24th, Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot (8315 Beechmont Ave., Anderson, OH) has Dale’s Pale Ale, Anderson Valley Winter Solstice, Mt Carmel Coffee Stout, Houblon Chouffe, Anderson Valley Brother David’s Triple, Southern Tier Pumking, Ballast Point Sculpin IPA and Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.
● As of Oct. 3rd, the growler station at DEP’s in Covington had Avery White Rascal ($7.99), Green Flash Special ($18.99), New Holland Ichabod and Shiner Ruby Red ($6.59). At their Fort Thomas location, they had Southern Tier Pumking ($10.99), Sixpoint Brown Stone ($5.99), Stone 16th ($11.99), Sierra Nevada Summerfest ($5.99), Moerlein Octoberfest ($8.99), Dogfish Head Old School Barleywine ($19.99), North Coast Red Seal Ale ($8.99) and Peroni ($4.99). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● As of October 11th, the growler station offerings at the new Jungle Jim’s Eastgate included Yuengling Black & Tan ($7), Sam Adams Octoberfest ($11), Great Lakes Nosferatu ($13), Founders Breakfast Stout ($22), Dogfish Head Burton Baton ($25), 21st Amendment Zambo, Mt. Carmel 3rd Shift Imperial Coffee Stout ($16), Rivertown Pumpkin Ale ($16), Cellar Rats Field Rat Wheat ($11), Blue Moon Caramel Apple Spice ($13), Breckenridge Vanilla Porter and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale ($13). Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and we’re hearing that they will only fill their own growlers. (Thanks to Eric Dunaway of Jungle Jim’s for this information!)
● As of Oct. 25th, the growler station at the Liquor Cabinet (1990 N Bend Rd # A Hebron, KY) has Hudepohl Oktoberfest, Brooklyn Mary’s Maple Porter, Arcadia IPA, Brooklyn Pumpkin Ale.
● As of Oct. 19th, the growler station at Market Wines in Findlay Market has North Peak Hooligan Hoppy
Pumpkin Ale ($5.00/glass $12/ growler), Epic Sour Apple Saison ($6.00/glass $18.00/growler), Epic Hop Syndrome Lager
($4.00/glass $10.00/growler) and Tröegsbell “Java Head” Stout ($4.00/glass $12.00/ growler). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● On the growler station at One Stop Liquors (10 Donnermeyer Dr., Bellevue, KY), they currently have Southern Tier Harvest ($11.49), Sam Adams Fat Jack ($11.99) and Woodchuck ($6.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● On the growler station at Party Source in Bellevue: Oskar Blues G’Knight ($18.99 64oz $9.50 32oz), Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale ($10.99 64oz $5.50 32oz), Oskar Blues Old Chub ($10.99 64oz $5.50 32oz), Oskar Blues Deviant Dale’s IPA ($18.99 64oz $9.50 32oz), Heavy Seas Winter Storm ($10.99 64oz $5.50 32oz), To Ol Mine is Bigger Than Yours ($20.99 64oz $10.50 32oz), Sixpoint Bengali Tiger ($11.99 64oz $6.00 32oz) and Widmer Milk Stout Milk Stout ($12.99 64oz $6.50 32oz). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● On the Growler Station at Party Town in Florence: Arcadia Sky High Rye Pale Ale ($8.99), Bell’s Oberon Summer Wheat Ale ($9.99), Brooklyn BLAST! Imperial IPA ($9.99), Dark Horse Black Bier Stout ($7.99), Dark Horse Raspberry Ale ($6.99), Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter ($7.99), Founders Reds Rye ($10.99), Green Flash Extra Pale Ale ($7.99), Mendocino Talon Barleywine ($13.99), New Albanian Elector Imperial Red IPA ($10.99), Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout ($17.99), Schlafly Pumpkin Ale ($10.99), Schlafly Imperial Bourbon Barrel Stout ($11.99), Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager ($6.99), Southern Tier Harvest Ale ESB ($10.99), Stone Arrogant Bastard ($10.99), Upland Oktoberfest ($6.99) and Woodchuck Pumpkin Cider ($9.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● As of October 25th, United Liquor in Florence has Southern Tier Pumpking, KY Bourbon Ale, Great Lakes Oktoberfest, Harpoon Rye IPA, Dogfish 60 min IPA, and Big Eddy Imperial IPA.
● As of Oct. 19th, Valley Wine & Spirits had Kentucky Ale, Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, Founders Centennial IPA, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Great Lakes Burning River, Leinenkugel Big Eddy Baltic Porter, Southern Tier Pumking, Southern Tier 2X Stout, Goose Island Honkers and Founders Red Rye. They have Oskar Blues in package with draft coming.
● As of Oct. 23rd, Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings are Sixpoint Autumnation, Green Flash Friendship, Hopfield & McCoy IPA, Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, Anderson Valley Brother David’s Triple and 21st Amendment Zambo Imperial Red Ale. Regular fill prices are $7.49 for the 32 oz growler and $14.99 for the 64 oz growler. They also have Happy Hour pricing on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm with $4.99 for the 32 oz growler and $9.99 for the 64 oz growler. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks once again to Ed Paff for the update.]
● As of Sept. 7th, Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings are Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout (32 oz. $12.50 and 64 oz. $25.00), Left Hand Oktoberfest (32 oz. $6.50 and 64 oz $12.50), Rivertown Jenneke (32 oz. $7.50 and 64 oz. $15.00), Bell’s Oberon (32 oz. $7.50 and 64 oz. $15.00), Founders Cerise (32 oz. $9.50 and 64 oz. $18.00) and Brooklyn Lager (32 oz. $8.00 and 64 oz. $15.00). In the past, they also have had Happy Hour every Monday through Thursday from 2:00 – 5:00 pm. You can get $2.99 select pints, $1 off 32oz growler fill and $2 off 64oz growler fill. For a new growler, add $3.99.