● For tonight’s Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence, it’s another Back Room Brawl! This time, they will be pouring a selection of brews from Schlafly with Scott from the brewery in attendance. The beer will include some rare barrels: Quadrupel, Grand Cru, Export IPA, and a blend of their bourbon barrel aged Barleywine and Pale ale. Party Town is also promising “some special and tasty bottles”. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
● On the Growler Station at Party Town in Florence: Goose Island Bourbon County ($24.99), Dogfish Chicory Stout ($6.99), Dogfish 90 minute IPA ($11.99), BBC Brandy Barrel Queen’s Knickers ($9.99), Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter ($10.99), Founders Red’s Rye ($8.99), BBC Heine Bro’s Coffee Stout ($12.99), Rye 75 ($6.99), Rogue JJ Juniper Pale ($9.99), Three Floyds Bohemoth ($18.99), North Coast Old Stock Ale ($12.99), Great Divide Hibernation ($12.99), Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald ($6.99) and Lefthand Chainsaw ($12.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler add $2.00.
● Main Street Wine and Spirits in Amelia is having a wheat beer tasting Friday from 6:30 – 8:30. They will be pouring Bell’s Oberon, Boulder Beer Co Sweaty Betty, Franziskaner Hefe and Mt. Carmel Summer Wheat.
● At this week’s Cork ‘N Bottle beer tastings, they will feature New Holland Kolsch, New Holland Golden Cap at the Covington location. At the Buttermilk Pike location, it’s Palma Louca Lager, Xingu Black Lager. The tastings at both locations are from 4:00 – 7:00 pm on Fridays and from 2:00 – 5:00 pm on Saturdays. Cost is $1 for 6 to 8 beers.
● On the Growler Stations at Cork ‘N Bottle: Covington has Summit Horizon Red Ale ($6.99), Sierra Nevada 2010 Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale ($10.99), Anderson Valley Hop Ottin IPA ($7.99) and Bells Oberon ($7.99). Buttermilk Pike has New Holland Dragons Milk ($11.99), Goose Island Matilda ($12.99), Belhaven Twisted Thistle ($7.99) and Schalfly Summer Lager ($5.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.50.
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits beer tasting today at their Fort Thomas location is unknown at this time. We’ll update when we hear more. The tasting usually goes from 4:00 to 6:00 pm.
● The growler station at the Covington DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits has Anderson Valley Hop-Ottin IPA ($6.99), Schlafly Kolsch ($5.99), Houblon Chouffe ($18.99) and New Holland Dragons Milk ($10.99). The growler station at the Ft. Thomas location has Avery Maharaja ($10.99), Gouden Carolus Hopsinjor ($18.99),
Schlafly Pilsner ($6.99), Ommegang Abbey Ale ($9.99), New Holland Imperial Hatter ($11.99) and Unibroue Trois Pistoles ($12.99).
● On the Growler Station at Party Source in Bellevue: Three Floyds Bohemoth ($27.99), Unibroue Ephemere ($12.99), Great Lakes Holy Moses ($12.99), Goose Island Bourbon County Stout ($29.99), Founders Old Curmudgeon ($21.99), New Holland El Mole Ocho ($15.99), Schlafly Coffee Stout ($9.99) and Bell’s Rye Stout ($15.99). Prices include empty growler.