Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY to Old Firehouse BREWING!
• Jungle Jim’s (Eastgate) – Meet and Greet with Jim Koch of Samuel Adams from 12:00-2:00 pm at their Tasting Bar.
• Malts in Ault – Tonight from 6:30-10:30 pm at Ault Park. Beers include B Nektar – Kill All the Golfers, Death Unicorn, Necromangocon and Zombie Ziller; Boulevard – Tank 7, Ginger Lemon Radler, Funky Pumpkin and Tell Tale Tart; Dogfish Head – Midas Touch, Seaquench, Sixty Minute and Namaste; Fat Head’s – Bumbleberry, Head Hunter, Spooky Tooth, Sunshine Daydream; Heavy Seas – Barrel Aged Greater Pumpkin, Pounder Pils, Double Cannon and Peg Leg Imperial Stout; Jackie O’s – Razz Wheat, Hop Ryot, Ohio Pale Ale and Chomolungma; Left Hand – Milk Stout, Sawtooth, Polestar Pils and Oktoberfest; MadTree – Lift, Happy Amber, Psychopathy and PSA; Ommegang – Tripel Perfection, Rosetta, Grains of Truth and Great Beyond; Revolution – Oktoberfest, Anti Hero, Eugene Porter and Bottom Up Wit; Sixpoint – Resin, Bengali Tiger, Sweet Action and Crisp; Stone – Who you callin a Wussie, Arrogant Bastard, Citrusy Wit and Delicious IPA.
• Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Southern Tier Beer Tasting today from 4:00-7:00 pm.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Tröegs at Fairfield and beers from Arbor Brewing at Eastgate.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from Stone. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – Northwest Fifty West Saturday at 11:00 am. Beers include 50 West TRIPA, Main Street Amber, One Way Street Citra SMaSH, One Way Street Mosaic SMaSH and Echo Summit.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Ballast Point Tap Takeover Saturday 11:00 am to 10:00 pm. Beers include Sculpin, Grapefruit Sculpin, Pineapple Sculpin, Grunion, Mango Even Keel, Watermelon Dorado, The Commodore, California Kolsch, California Amber, Calm Before the Storm, Copper Ale on Nitro, American Wheat with Cherries, Belgian Tripel Ale, Biere De Garde, Schwarzbier and Double IPA.
• Casual Pint-Oakley – MadTree Tap Takeover Saturday at 4:00 pm
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight is Free Bacon Night. They will be tapping Stillwater I Miss the Old Kanye. Cost is $7 for a thirteen ounce tulip.
• Findlay Market Bier Market – This weekend, they will have beers from Taft’s Ale House including Masskrug Oktoberfest Marzen and Preservationist Pale Ale.
• BB Riverboats – For September, the featured brewery for their Craft Beer and BBQ Cruises is Braxton. You can get more information and purchase your tickets at http://www.bbriverboats.com/CraftBeer-BBQ-Cruise.html
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom