We frequently get updates for this post after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
● Ludlow Wines’ regular Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm.
● For tonight’s Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence will be pouring beers new to northern Kentucky including some from Upland, Dark Horse and more. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES AND BREW PUBS
● As of Sept. 8th, the growler station at Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing has Honey Pale ($6 32 oz, $10 64 oz), King Leopold Belgian Blonde ($6 32 oz, $10 64 oz), Triple Digit Decimation ($9 32 oz, $15 64 oz), Apricot Delight, Triple Digit Aftermath ($9 32 oz, $15 64 oz), Pre-Prohibition Lager ($6 32 oz, $10 64 oz), Smoked Bock, Enter the Beagle, Wiedemann’s Special Lager ($6 32 oz, $10 64 oz) and Double IPA ($9 32 oz, $15 64 oz). The pricing listed is a refill. New growlers are $3.
● Did you know that the Moerlein Lager House has growlers? Their current seasonals (Lager House Golden Helles, Barbarossa, OTR, Northern Liberties, 7 Weiss, Exposition Vienna Lager, Fifth & Vine Marzen and Hell town Rye-ot Brown. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler.
● The growler station at Mt. Carmel’s tap room has Nut Brown Ale, Blonde Ale, Amber Ale and Third Shift Imperial Coffee Stout. IPA will be replacing Amber today or tomorrow. The cost is $8.00 for year rounds & seasonals and $18.00 for Third Shift. It’s $4 for the purchase of a growler (new design).
● The growler station at Rivertown Brewing’s tasting room has their Helles, Dunkel, Unit 6, Hop Baron, Blueberry Lager, Roebling, Oatmeal Stout, Pumpkin Ale, Oktoberfest and Hop Bomber. Refills are $7.99 for everything but Hop Baron and Roebling, which are $11.99. If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot (8315 Beechmont Ave., Anderson, OH) has Dogfish Burton Baton, Dogfish Punkin’, Mt. Carmel Coffee Stout, Houblon Chouffe, Sierra Nevada Tumbler, Southern Tier Pumking, E.S. Bam Hoppy Farmhouse Ale and Sam Adams Old Kentucky Ale.
● As of Oct. 3rd, the growler station at DEP’s in Covington had Avery White Rascal ($7.99), Green Flash Special ($18.99), New Holland Ichabod and Shiner Ruby Red ($6.59). At their Fort Thomas location, they had Southern Tier Pumking ($10.99), Sixpoint Brown Stone ($5.99), Stone 16th ($11.99), Sierra Nevada Summerfest ($5.99), Morlein Octoberfest ($8.99), Dogfish Head Old School Barleywine ($19.99), North Coast Red Seal Ale ($8.99) and Peroni ($4.99). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● UPDATE Thanks to Steve Carr, we have the current (as of 10/5) growler station offerings at the new Jungle Jim’s Eastgate. They have Yuengling Octoberfest ($7), Cellar Rats Wheat ($11), Sam Adams Octoberfest ($11), Great Lakes Nosferatu ($13), Flying Dog Wildman ($13), Kentucky Bourbon Ale ($13), Dogfish Head 60 Min IPA ($13), Blue Moon Caramel Apple ($13), Mt. Carmel Third Shift ($16), Rivertown Pumpkin Ale ($16), Founders Breakfast Stout ($22), Southern Tier Pumpking ($22) and Dogfish Head Burton Baton ($25). Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and we’re hearing that they will only fill their own growlers.
● The growler station at the Liquor Cabinet (1990 N Bend Rd # A Hebron, KY) has Lore Intergalactic IPA, Brooklyn Mary’s Maple Porter, Hudepohl Oktoberfest and Brooklyn “Fiat Lux” (Let There Be Light).
● The growler station at Market Wines in Findlay Market has Epic Sour Apple Saison ($6.00/glass $18.00/growler), Epic Hop Syndrome Lager ($4.00/glass $10.00/growler), Southern Tier Imperial Pumking Ale ($6.00/glass $20.00/growler) and Dark Horse “Too” Cream Stout ($5.00/glass $16.00/growler). Add $3 if you need to purchase a growler.
● On the growler station at One Stop Liquors (10 Donnermeyer Dr., Bellevue, KY), they currently have Southern Tier Harvest ($11.49), Sam Adams Fat Jack ($11.99) and Woodchuck ($6.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● On the growler station at Party Source in Bellevue: Great Crescent Coconut Porter ($13.99 64oz $7.00 32oz), Founders Red’s Rye ($10.99 64oz $5.50 32oz), Southern Tier Pumking ($16.99 64oz $8.50 32oz), Laughing Dog Alpha Dog ($17.99 64oz $9.00 (32oz), Green Flash Friendship ($16.99 64oz $8.50 32oz), 8 Wired Saison Sauvin ($20.99 64oz $10.50 32oz), Founders Breakfast Stout Breakfast Stout ($25.99 64oz $13.00 32oz) and Monk’s Cafe ($20.99 64oz and $10.50 32oz). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.00.
● On the Growler Station at Party Town in Florence: Three Floyds Gorch Fock ($7.99), Against The Grain O’tay Panky Buckwheat Brown Ale ($7.99), Bell’s Oberon Summer Wheat Ale ($9.99), Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA ($12.99), Dogfish Head Festina Peche ($9.99), Founders Breakfast Stout ($10.99), Founders Dirty B@$tard ($10.99), Founders Red’s Rye Pale Ale ($10.99), Left Hand Chainsaw Ale ($9.99), Lion Stout ($12.99), New Holland El Mole Ocho ($10.99), New Holland Ichabod ($9.99), Sam Adams Fat Jack Double Pumpkin Ale ($7.99), Sam Adams Oktoberfest ($7.99), Schlafly American Brown Ale ($7.99), Southern Tier Pumking ($11.99), Widmer Brothers Citra Blonde ($7.99) and Wood Chuck Amber $6.99. All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● As of August 3rd, United Liquor in Florence has added a growler station. Currently, they have Great Crescent Coconut Porter ($10.49), Summit Summer ($8.99), Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy IIPA ($11.99), Sixpoint Rightous Ale ($9.99), Great Lakes Oktoberfest ($8.99) and Harpoon Rye IPA ($9.49).
● UPDATE Valley Wine & Spirits had Southern Tier 2X Stout, Kentucky Ale, Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, Great Lakes Oktoberfest, Southern Tier Pumking, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Goose Island Harvest Ale, Sixpoint Bengali, Great Lakes Burning River and Leinenkugel Big Eddy Baltic Porter.
● As of Oct. 2nd, Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings are Southern Tier Pumpking, Lost Coast Double Trouble IPA, Green Flash IPA, Fat Heads Goggle Fogger, Julian Hard Cider and Stone IPA. Regular fill prices are $7.49 for the 32 oz growler and $14.99 for the 64 oz growler. They also have Happy Hour pricing on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm with $4.99 for the 32 oz growler and $9.99 for the 64 oz growler. For a new growler, add $3.99. [Thanks once again to Ed Paff for the update.]
● As of Sept. 7th, Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings are Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout (32 oz. $12.50 and 64 oz. $25.00), Left Hand Oktoberfest (32 oz. $6.50 and 64 oz $12.50), Rivertown Jenneke (32 oz. $7.50 and 64 oz. $15.00), Bell’s Oberon (32 oz. $7.50 and 64 oz. $15.00), Founders Cerise (32 oz. $9.50 and 64 oz. $18.00) and Brooklyn Lager (32 oz. $8.00 and 64 oz. $15.00). In the past, they also have had Happy Hour every Monday through Thursday from 2:00 – 5:00 pm. You can get $2.99 select pints, $1 off 32oz growler fill and $2 off 64oz growler fill. For a new growler, add $3.99.