Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• Holler Hops and Grill – 5th Anniversary Celebration Saturday and Sunday. More information available on their Facebook event page.
• Urban Artifact – 2nd Anniversary Party Saturday starting at 11:00 am. Six different bottles to be released including Wine Barrel Palmistry, three fruited versions of Escapement, and Perpetuum 2015 & 2016. For more information, check out their Facebook event page.
TASTINGS, TOURS and DINNERS
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Dank IPA at Fairfield and from Sixpoint at Eastgate.
• Lehr’s Prime Market – MadTree Tap Takeover Friday from 5:00-8:00 pm. Beers include Citra High Imperial IPA, Experimetal Pale Ale, Passionfruit Tart Ale, Axis Mundi, and one more still to be determined.
• Mecklenburg Gardens – Frühling Keg Tapping & Pig Roast Friday at 6:00 pm. Pricing and more information available at their Facebook event page.
• Midway Café Fort Thomas – MDA charity event. $1 of every Rhinegeist Hustle and Cougar goes to Muscular Dystrophy Association.
• OTR Biergarten – Featuring beers from this weekend. They will be pouring Breathitt County Blonde Ale and Fink Red Rye. The April Biergarten hours are Saturday, 11am-6pm and Sunday, 11am-4 pm.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from TBA. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – MadTree 12 Tap Takeover Friday at 6:00 pm. Beers include PSA, Happy Amber, Lift, PsycHOPathy, PassionFruit Tart Ale, Bockaveli, All in the Hips, Four Mile, Chamomile Levanto, BA Ye Olde Battering Ram, BA Axis Mundi (2015), BA Rubus Cacao, and a Surprise Keg.
• Braxton Brewing – Tinker Tapping Friday at 5:00 pm. Tinker is a tart sour golden ale. Fireside Pizza will be on site.
• Buffalo Bob’s Mt. Zion – Mile Wide Tap Takeover Friday at 5:00 pm. Beers include Army Had a Half Day IPA, IdleWild Pale Ale, and White Ale.
• Dilly. Bistro, Bar & Bottle Shop. – Saturday at 4:00 pm you can celebrate Earth Day by drinking beer. Get a free sapling with purchase of a MadTree beer. They will have PsycHOPathy and Bourbon Barrel aged Ye Old Battering Ram.
• Hofbräuhaus Newport – Celebrate the 501st anniversary of the Reinheitsgebot with $5 beers.
• Listermann Brewing – BA Horchata and Blueberry Lime Tart bottle release Sunday at noon.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom