Join Braxton Brewing Company, @oskarbluesb and New Belgium Brewing for the 3rd Annual Newport Baseball Bar Crawl!
Grab some friends, keep track of your score and get ready to hit one out of the park!
Keep your eye on the beer (err…ball) as you crawl from bar to bar – scoring runs and errors and trying not to strike out!
We’ll start at Mokka and the Sunset Bar & Grill at 6pm and you must be back at Coaches Corner by 11:15 to calculate and turn in your scorecards! Prizes will be awarded at Coaches Corner.
Thanks to all of our Baseball and beer loving bars who are participating: Mokka and the Sunset Bar & Grill, Jerzees Newport, Lucy’s on Monmouth, The Crazy Fox Saloon, Pompilios (bar area only), and Coaches Corner.
7:00pm – Mokka 7:45pm – JerZees 8:30pm – Lucys on Monmouth 9:15pm – Crazy Fox 10:00pm – Pompilios (bar area only) 10:45pm – Coaches Corner
Taco Tuesday, Mt Adams, and New Belgium collide! Come out for a night of beers, tacos, and live music. We will be doing custom New Belgium pints eched right here at Calle. Open jam! hosted by Preston Bell starts at 7 so bring an instrument and join the fun or just buy a Citradelic Tangerine IPA or a Voodoo Ranger IPA and customize your own glass! Limited glasswear available so get here early!
Sponsored by New Belgium, Braxton & and Oskar Blues Sign up your teams of 2! $20 per team gets you your first beer Games include: Dayblazer tennis ball head, tricycle race, cornhole, flipcup, human beer pong, tap the keg, battleshots, drunken servers, canjam limit to 30 teams of two
Check out our Better Beer Happy Hours, Etc. page for regularly scheduled specials on better beer. We are only list events here that are unique for this coming week in beer. Most events for the weekend will be on our Friday Tastings and Tappings Report post.
Monday, Feb. 20th at 12:00 pm – Quaff Bros. Wild Stallion “Nail Pull” at Ei8ht Ball Brewing See their Facebook event page for more information.
Tuesday, Feb. 21st at 6:00 pm – Fire Chief Ale Tapping at Rock Bottom Cincinnati
Tuesday, Feb. 21st at 9:00 pm – Braxton Pint Night at Brothers (Newport at the Levee) Keep the glass when you order a Graeter’s Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip Milk Stout, Dead Blow Tropical Stout, or Storm Golden Cream Ale.
Wednesday, Feb. 22nd at 6:00 pm – Blank Slate Beer & Burgers Night at Habits Café Three combos: Knife In the Highway paired with Classic Habits Style Burger, Fume paired with The Bacon Bleu Style Burger, and Shroominous paired with The Texas Style Burger.
Wednesday, Feb. 22nd at 6:00 pm – Jolly Pumpkin Beer Dinner at Moerlein Lager House For more information, go to their Facebook event page.
Wednesday, Feb. 22nd at 6:00 pm – Brewery Tour at Rock Bottom Cincinnati
Wednesday, Feb. 22nd at 6:30 pm – Slow Food Beer Supper at Streetside Brewery From Facebook: “Streetside Brewery and Tēla Bar + Kitchen collaborate for a casual 4-course Beer Supper to benefit Slow Food Cincinnati, Cincinnati’s grassroots chapter of an international non-profit that champions local/sustainable farms, food artisans, restaurants, craft beverages, and initiatives in support of good, clean, and fair food for all. Everyone is welcome! Food: $20/member, $25/non-member. Streetside will also offer a Slow Food Flight of 4 beers ($7) designed by Tela chefs Nathan Mantia and Norman Tchorz to pair with the 4-course supper. Vegetarian options, wine, local kombucha, and Smooth Cincy Coffee available too. A portion of ticket and beer sales go to Slow Food Cincinnati.”
Wednesday, Feb. 22nd at 6:30 pm – Braxton Food Pairing at The Globe Cost is $25/person, pairings include Storm paired with Asian Shrimp; Dead Blow paired with Bacon Wrapped Date; Spotlight paired with Mango Salsa; Haven Hefeweizen paired with Toasted Baguette with Goat Cheese, Honey Drizzle and Candied Pecans; Jumpstart Brown Ale Brewed with Bourbon Barrel-Aged Starter Coffee paired with Beef Brisket Sliders; and Graeter’s Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip Milk Stout Ice Cream Floats.
Wednesday, Feb. 22nd at 7:00 pm – Monthly Keg Tapping at Hofbräuhaus Newport
Thursday, Feb. 23rd from 5:00-10:00 pm – Holland Pint Night at Cappy’s Wines and Spirits Beers include HopTronix, Dragon’s Milk, Dragon’s Milk Reserve, Chocolate Coffee Dragon’s Milk, Raspberry Lemon Dragon’s Milk, Rum Coconut Dragon’s Milk, and Triple Mash Dragon’s Milk.
Thursday, Feb. 23rd at 6:00-9:00 pm – Long Trail Pint Night at BC’s Bottle Lodge
Thursday, Feb. 23rd at 6:00 pm – Braxton/Graeter’s Pint Night at 27 Bar+Kitchen
Thursday, Feb. 23rd at 6:00-10:00 pm – Pint Night Thursdays at Cock & Bull (all three locations) The beers for this week’s Pint Night Thursdays are: Main Strasse Covington – Country Boy Cliff Jumper, Glendale – Oskar Blues and Hyde Park – New Belgium Whizbang.
Thursday, Feb. 23rd at 7:00 pm – Sam Adams Pint Night at Hebron Brew Haus
Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• Ault Park – HallowEve Brew Bash tonight at 6:00 pm. Ten tastings included. Beers from Bad Tom Smith, Blank Slate, Braxton, Cellar Dweller, Dogberry, Fifty West, Ei8ht Ball, Listermann, MadTree, Moerlein, Old Firehouse, Rhinegeist, Streetside, Urban Artifact and Woodburn. Additional full pours for $5 each. Costumes are optional. Tickets are $25.00.
• BB Riverboats – BB Riverboats Craft Beer Fest Saturday at 8:00 pm. Check out their Facebook event page for more information.
• Moerlein Lager House – Funky Pumpkins and Fall Beers Oct. 28-30. From Facebook: “Moerlein Lager House in conjunction with the Art Academy of Cincinnati will have on display 15 carved pumpkins. PLUS, a special Fall beer menu. It’s the perfect way to get your Halloween chills and thrills. On Saturday, at 2 p.m., one of the artists will hold a session to show how to design and carve your own ‘funky pumpkin’ for Halloween. Featured drafts include: Moerlein T-Bird Harvest Ale, Moerlein Dry Hopped 5th & Vine, Moerlein Das Uber Fest Lager, Triple Digit Chickow, Fat Head’s Spooky Tooth, Two Brothers Atom Smasher, Southern Tier Warlock, Southern Tier Harvest ESB and Southern Tier Pumking, New Belgium Pumpkick. Featured bottles include: Ace Pumpkin Cider, Deschutes Sage Fright, B. Nectar Death Unicorn and Bruery Autumn Maple.”
— Brunch, Beers, & Breweries Sunday at 10:00 am. “Experience the taste of Christian Moerlein with this hands-on day of brunching, tasting, and touring. This event includes brunch at the Moerlein Lager House, two brewery tours of BOTH Christian Moerlein facilities, a quick history lesson about the brewing culture here in Cincinnati, and of course…beer! Join us as we take you along on the streetcar and guide you through it all. Prost! For tickets and more information visit our event site: https://www.eventcreate.com/brunch-beers-breweries *There are a limited amount of spots for this event.
• Christian Moerlein Malt House – Game Day Sunday with Kegs & Eggs. Starting at 9:00 am.
• Paradise Brewing – Sunday at 9:30 am. Kegs & Eggs (and BACON!) before and during the Bengals game.
• Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Ballast Point tasting today from 4:00-7:00 pm.
• DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits – Rivertown beer tasting from 5:00-7:00 pm.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from MadTree at Fairfield and beers from Rhinegeist Brewing at Eastgate.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from Rhinegeist. Beers include Mastodon, Bourbon Barrel Druncle, Sabertooth Tiger, an all new Experimental Double IPA and more. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS and RELEASES
• Braxton Brewing – October Firkin Friday today at 5:30 pm. This month, it’s their Toaster Cinnamon Toast Crunch donut beer infused with pumpkin spice.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Cappy’s & Cavalier’s Cancer Crushing Creepy Craft Craze includes special tappings Oct. 28-30 with $1 from every pint and growler sold going to breast cancer research. Beers scheduled to be tapped include Schramms The Statement, Dogfish Head Raisin D’extra 2014, Dogfish Head Olde School 2013, Alltech Breakin’ The Law, Three Floyd’s Red Death, Three Floyd’s Floy Division, Stone XS IPA, Fat Head’s Barrel Aged Battle Axe, Fat Head’s Barrel Aged Spooky Tooth, Fat Head’s Zest For Breast, Fat Head’s Hop Stalker, Fat Head’s IBUsive, MadTree 2016 Barrel Aged Axis Mundi, MadTree 2015 Barrel Aged Coffee Vanilla Axis Mundi, Urban Artifact Tutti Fruity and Urban Artifact Blue Raspberry Raspberry Warhead.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Free bacon Friday at 5:00 pm. They are tapping Evil Twin Liquid Fudge.
• Habits Cafe – The Great American Blonde Beer Launch (their first ever house beer brewed by Listermann Brewing) today at 7:00 pm.
• The Lackman – Fear of the Dark featuring Evil Dead Red and Speedway Stout from AleSmith Brewing today starting at 4:00 pm.
Check out our Better Beer Happy Hours, Etc. page for regularly scheduled specials on better beer. We are only list events here that are unique for this coming week in beer.
Monday, Oct. 24th at 12:00 pm – Kentucky Proud Pecan Pale Ale Release at Ei8ht Ball Brewing
Monday, Oct. 24th at 5:00 pm – Rare Keg Monday at Ei8ht Ball Brewing This week, it’s Stone Xocoveza Mocha Stout. Cost is $6 for a ten-ounce snifter.
Monday, Oct. 24th at 7:00 pm – Rivertown Beer Dinner at Nick & Tom’s Five beers (Jeanneke, Tequilana, Divergent, Roebling and Pumpkin) and four courses. Call 513-574-4242 to make your reservation.
Monday, Oct. 24th at 7:00 pm – Warped Wing Beer Dinner at Tēla Bar + Kitchen Five course dinner with beer pairings for $50 a person. Call 513-821-8352 for reservations.
Tuesday, Oct. 25th at 1:00 pm – Monthly Pint Night at Listermann Brewing $7 for your beer and the take home glass.
Tuesday, Oct. 25th at 4:00 pm – Fab Ferments / Urban Artifact Collaboration Tapping From Facebook: “Join us for a special two-fer edition of #Taptuesday as we invite our friends from FAB FERMENTS in as part of our Pickle Gose collaboration. On tap we will have a Kimchi Pickle Gose as well as a Dill Pickle blend that utilize spice blends and brine from Fab Ferments blended into our Pickle Gose base. Additionally, the team at Fab Ferments will set up shop with a table of tasty fermented treats to purchase to go with your beer.”
Tuesday, Oct. 25th at 5:30 pm – Goose Island Beer and Cheese Pairing at Igby’s From Facebook: “Purchase your ticket for just $5 to try the delicious combos below: Goose Island 312 with Fresh Chevre, Goose Island Sofie with Naked Goat, Goose Island Matilda with Washed Rind and Goose Island IPA and Cabot Clothbound. Tickets available at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/beer-and-cheese-class-tickets-28658610676”
Tuesday, Oct. 25th at 6:00 pm – 2015 Sour Bourbon Pumpkin Tappening at Rivertown Brewing
Tuesday, Oct. 25th at 6:00 pm – Cider Tasting at Marty’s Hops and Vines Ciders include Wyndridge Farm Crafty Cider, Crafty Cranberry, and Crafty Hopped. And Aspall Cider Dry English Cider and Perronnelle’s Blush.
Wednesday, Oct. 26th at 6:00 pm – Oskar Blues Beer Tasting at Marty’s Hops and Vines Beers include Dales Pale Ale, Priscilla Witbier (draft), Passion Fruit Pinner “Throwback IPA”, Ten Fidy Imperial Stout (draft) and Hotbox Coffee Porter.
Thursday, Oct. 27th from 4:00-6:00 pm – News and Brews with the Business Courier at Moerlein Lager House For more information, check out their Facebook event page.
Thursday, Oct. 27th from 5:00-8:00 pm – Streetside Brewery Tap Takeover at Market Wines Beers include Raspberry Beret, Alpha IPA and Super Simple Pale Ale.
Thursday, Oct. 27th from 5:00-10:00 pm – Avery Pint Night at Cappy’s Wines and Spirits Beers on draft include Lilikoi Kepolo, White Rascal, IPA, El Gose, Ellie’s Brown Ale, Beast, Samuels, Rumpkyn, Pumpkyn, Tweak, Mephistopheles, Uncle Jacobs, Vanilla Bean Stout and Raspberry Sour. Bottles available include 2015 Pumpkyn, 2016 Rumpkyn, 2016 Pumpkyn, 2016 Samuels and 2016 Mesphistopheles.
Thursday, Oct. 27th at 6:00 pm – Ballast Point Pint Night at BC’s Bottle Lodge
Thursday, Oct. 27th at 6:00 pm – Tapping for the Cure at Taft’s Ale House From Facebook: “In honor of breast cancer awareness month we will be tapping Taft’s Pink Ribbon, an American Fruit beer brewed with watermelon and tart cherries and donating 10% of beer sales for the evening to the Susan G. Komen Fund! We will also have limited edition glassware for the event as well while supplies last.”
Thursday, Oct. 27th at 6:00-9:00 pm – Holler Halloween with New Belgium at Holler Hops and Grill Halloween karoke, some special beers and New Belgium swag including the hat press. Prizes for best costume.
Thursday, Oct. 27th at 6:00-10:00 pm – Pint Night Thursdays at Cock & Bull (all three locations) The beers for this week’s Pint Night Thursdays are: Main Strasse Covington – Three Floyds Tap Invasion, Glendale – Elysian Pumpkin and Hyde Park – Three Floyds Tap Invasion.
Thursday, Oct. 27th at 7:00 pm – MadTree Pint Night at Hebron Brew Haus
Check out our Better Beer Happy Hours, Etc. page for regularly scheduled specials on better beer. We are only list events here that are unique for this coming week in beer. As always, any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
Monday, Sept. 5th at 5:00 pm – Rare Keg Monday at Ei8ht Ball Brewing This week, it’s Jolly Pumpkin tap takeover. Beers include Hamajang, Innovator, La Roja Kriek, Nuevos, Uber Wit, and Wet Hopped. Each of these Jolly Pumpkin beers will be $10 For a thirteen ounce tulip or $15 for a 4 ounce flight of all 6 beers.
Wednesday, Sept. 7th from 5:00-10:00 pm – Charitable Suds at Rhinegeist Co-hosted by Cincinnati Public Radio, a portion of the proceeds during the happy hour will be donated to the Brewery District CURC.
Thursday, Month Day from 5:00-10:00 pm – New Belgium Pint Night at Cappy’s Wines and Spirits Beers include Fat Tire, Citradelic, Pumpkick, Tart Lychee, Fruit Fly and Oscar Worthy Coffee Nitro. Food available from Packhouse Meats and each New Belgium pint purchase gets you entered to win a limited edition New Belgium bike.
Thursday, Sept. 8th from 5:00-10:00 pm – Seasonal Beer Release and Alfio’s Dinner at Blank Slate For more information, check out their Facebook event page.
Thursday, Sept. 8th at 6:00- pm – North Coast Brewing Beer Dinner at 99 Hop House
Thursday, Sept. 8th at 6:00-8:30 pm – Short’s Brewing Pint Night at Craft Pointe Beers include Huma Lupa Licious, Soft Parade, Bellaire Brown, and Autumn Ale in bottles plus Key Lime Pie and Spruce Pilsner on draft.
Thursday, Sept. 8th at 6:00-10:00 pm – Pint Night Thursdays at Cock & Bull (all three locations) The beers for this week’s Pint Night Thursdays are: Main Strasse Covington – Spaten Oktoberfest, Glendale – Leinenkugel’s Oktoberfest and Hyde Park – Great Divide Hoss.
Thursday, Sept. 8th at 6:30 pm – Braxton Brewing Beer Dinner at 15 North Pizza MENU — Welcome Beer: Storm Golden Cream Ale; First Course: Bruchetta appetizer paired with Beta 1.0 Experimental IPA; Second Course: Wild Mushroom Pizza and Sausage & Sage Pizza paired with Level Saison; Third Course: Stuffed Dates with Dead Blow Starter Tropical Stout. Price is $25.00 per person. Go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/braxton-beer-dinner-tickets-26953182695
Thursday, Sept. 8th at 7:00 pm – Shiner Pint Night at Hebron Brew Haus
Thursday, Sept. 8th at 7:00 pm – Bell’s End of Summer Blow Out at Gypsys Poolside, Oberon, and Oatsmobile on draft for $3 pints.
Friday, Sept. 9th-Saturday, Sept. 10th – Cincy Beerfest on Fountain Square Unlike the Cincy Winter Beerfest, this festival is a free admission/pay as you drink model. However, if you buy the Advance VIP deal, you get more tickets and access to 20 VIP only beers and the VIP area behind the stage with bathrooms. Purchase your tickets online at https://www.beerfesttickets.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=79.
Friday, Sept. 9th-Sunday, Sept. 11th – Oktoberfest at Hofbräuhaus Newport