● At this week’s Friday Night Flights at Party Town in Florence, they will be featuring a selection of Beligian style beers from Unibroue of Quebec.
● This week’s beer tasting at the Fort Thomas location of Liquor Direct will be Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA, Elliot Ness Vienna Lager, Burning River Pale Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter and Grassroots Ale (if they have inventory). The tasting price is $1 and the tasting is from 5:00 – 7:00 pm.
● On the Growler Station at Party Town in Florence: Rye 75 Rye IPA, Bell’s Oberon, Founder’s Imperial Stout, Founder’s Curmudgeon, Founder’s Cerise, Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald
● On the Growler Station at Party Source in Newport: Bell’s Two Hearted Ale, Thirsty Dog Raspberry Ale, Founder’s Cerise, Sam Adams Hard Core Cider, Barrelhouse Blonde, Goose Island Night Stalker, d’Achouffe N’Ice Chouffe, Brooklyn Monster Ale
● Hoperative #37 Chris Nascimento tells us that “The Comet Bar is having their anti SpringBarleyFest this Friday, May 22nd at 6:00 PM featuring Avery, Dark Horse, Southern Tier and many more selections!”
Bigg’s in Delhi will be having a beer tasting tonight from 5:30 to 7:30 pm featuring Hook and Ladder Beer along with an assortment of snacks from their deli, fresh meat counter, Honey Baked Ham and Rothschild Farms. According to the email they sent out:
Hook and Ladder is an idea that began brewing in the kitchen of volunteer firefighter Rich Fleischer and has evolved into one of the country’s fastest-growing craft beers. Hook & Ladder Brewing Company, a Washington, D.C.-area brewery founded by Rich and his business-minded brother, Matt, exemplifies the social entrepreneurship trend of giving back to the community. Hook & Ladder is succeeding through its founding commitment to provide an exceptional line of beer while giving back to burned firefighters and burn survivors in communities across America and keeping donations local. A quarter per case (or a penny per pint, watch for Hook and Ladder pub crawl soon on the Westside) sold in Cincinnati will be donated to the burn unit at University Hospital.
They will be opening the variety pack which features Golden Ale, Backdraft Brown, Ember Amber and Pipe and Drum Irish Ale.
Tonight’s Friday Night Flights at Party Town (Florence) features Dogfish Head –
The Dogfish Head Brewery was founded in 1995 by Sam Calagione and has since become one of the major inovators in the craft beer world. The brewery has produced many different beers, some of which to purposely push the limits of what we think of as beer. For this weeks Friday Night Flights we will open seven from Dogfish: 60 Minute I.P.A., 90 Minute I.P.A., Chicory Stout, Midas Touch Golden Elixir, Palo Santo Marron, Fort, and Raison D’Etre. To top off the evening we will tap a rare barrel of Fort. Please join us and Eugene Platinum tomorrow from 6pm to7pm. Thank you and good day.
It’s hard to believe that in the short time we’ve been at this beer blog and informational web site business, there are already some big changes in the local beer scene. For many months now, Party Town has been having beer tastings on Saturday afternoons from 3:00 to 5:00 pm when they also have one of their wine tastings (they also have a wine tasting on Friday afternoons from 5:00 to 6:00 pm).
This past week, however, they switched things up. No more Saturday beer tastings. Instead, they will have a special beer tasting each Friday evening from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. This set of tastings are called “Friday Night Flights” and that describes them well. For a small $1 charge, you get to taste a flight of beers (often from the same brewery) and usually some of the tasty munchies that Party Town also has available. The inaugural Friday Night Flight featured beer from the Great Divide Brewing Company of Denver, Colorado. Here’s what we got to try (as best I can tell from my notes):
Samurai Rice Ale Wild Raspberry Ale Denver Pale Ale Saint Bridget’s Porter Hades Belgian-Style Strong Golden Titan IPA Hercules Double IPA
Of these seven, we liked the Titan IPA best. It had a bolder taste than even the Hercules Double IPA. The Denver Pale Ale was a bit disappointing.
All in all, it was a very nice start to these new tastings. We highly recommend checking out “Friday Night Flights” some time soon!
Just received this message from Party Town in Florence:
The party people at Party Town would like to invite YOU to a special new thing we came up with a few minutes ago. Introducing: FRIDAY NIGHT FLIGHT with Eugene Platinum. That means this Friday, and the following ones too, we would like very much if you and any 21 or over friends you may have would come in and try some beer with us from 6pm-7pm. This week we will be spotlighting the Great Divide Brewery, winners of twelve G.A.B.F. medals, four World Beer Cup awards, and current seventh highest rated brewery worldwide by Beer Advocate. So please come in and see us or Eugene will get bored. Thanks and good day.
Party Town – Florence Location: 6823 Burlington Pike, Florence, KY 41042 (Between Office Depot and Big Lots) Phone: (859) 371-4466