We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Growlers Report after our regular 9:00 am publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing.
TASTINGS AND TAPPINGS
● Everything’s d’ Vine Tasting is at 5:30 pm each week and costs $10 for beer and wine tastings. You can get just beer or just wine for $5.00. For this week’s tasting (6/6), the beers are Goose Island 312 American Pale Ale, Rhinegeist Zen Session Pale Ale, Hoppin’ Frog Gangster American IPA and Stone Collective Distortion IPA.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (6/6), the beers are Breckenridge. Pints are usually $3 (occasionally $4 or $5).
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (6/6), the beers are from Ithaca Brewing. Pints are usually $3.
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Party Town – Friday Night Flights features six to eight beers each week. The cost for the regular tasting is $2 for a full flight of beers and it goes from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (6/6), the beers are from Deschutes including Chain Breaker White IPA and Twilight summer ale. The featured beers on tap are Deschutes Mirror Mirror Barley Wine (8 oz pour) and Inversion IPA randalled through a fruit salad (pint). Either one is $3.00 and comes with a Deschutes pint glass.
GROWLERS AT BREWERIES
● Bad Tom Brewing (as of May 31st) has Old Abe American Strong, Addlehead IPA, Brother Clement Belgian Ale, Bad Tom Brown, Black Kettle Stout and Kloppenburg Helles. Red Rye coming soon!
Empty growlers are $5.50.
● Christian Moerlein Craft Brewery (as of May 31st) has Hudepohl Bock, Old Gregg Scottish Ale, OTR, Christkindl, Northern Liberties, Maibock, Dunkelweiss, Lager House, Emancipator, Se7en, Zepplein and Barbarossa. $8 for growler refills every Friday, $10 Growler refills on Saturday & Sunday. New growlers are $5. Hudy kegs are also available. Tap Room is located at 1621 Moore Street in Cincinnati’s Historic Over-The-Rhine Brewery District.
● Ei8ht Brewing Company (inside the Party Source) has (as of March 21st) Ei8ht Ball K-hole (nitro), Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree, To Ol Final Frontier, Nogne O Imperial Brown, Stillwater Folklore, Goose Island Lolita, Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura, Mikkeller Hop Burn Low, Elezelloise Goliath Stout, Mikkeller Bravo, Local Option Morning Wood, Stone Grapefruit Slam, New Holland The Poet, Mikkeller Texas Ranger, De Molen Geboren / Getogen, St. Feuillien Saison, Mikkeller Sort Gul, MadTree Lift, Rogue Old Crustacean, Quaff Bros. Quaffanator, Weihenstephaner, De Proef Knockout (KO), Sierra Nevada Rye Day the 13th, DuPont Bier du Miel, La Trappe Witte, Country Boy Shotgun Wedding, Mikkeller I Beat U, Dark Horse Tres Blueberry Stout, MadTree Galaxy High, Sierra Nevada Ovila, Ei8ht Ball Tarnished, Ei8ht Ball Michael J. Bocks, Ei8ht Ball K-Hole, Ei8ht Ball Word, Ei8ht Ball Tiny Pig, Ei8ht Ball Cat Lady, Bosteels Tripel Karmeliet, West Sixth Lemongrass Wheat, Deschutes Black Butte, Deschutes Mirror Pond, Cider Boys Mad Bark and Lindemans Framboise.
● Listermann Brewing Company and Triple Digit Brewing (as of April 25th) have Chickow!, NutCase Peanut Butter Porter, Pre-Prohibition Lager, Serpentine Wheat, Aftermath Scottish Wee Heavy, Planetary IPA, Friar Bacon, Gravitator, Cincinnati Red Ale, and Jungle Honey. New growlers are $3. [Thanks to Zach Baird for the update!]
● MadTree Brewing (as of May 7th) has Sprye, Porkopolis, Cincinnati Common Mash, Lift, Galaxy High, Identity Crisis, Axis Mundi, Gnarly Brown, Buck Stop, PsycHOPathy, Brawny and Happy Amber. Rounding Third is expected to be on by this weekend. New growlers are $5 and they will fill other growlers.
● Mt. Carmel Brewing (as of May 31st) has Blonde, Amber, Nut Brown, Summer Wheat, Dewey’s Porter, Dewey’s Citra Saison, Coffee Brown and Imperial IPA. The cost is $8.50 for year rounds and most seasonals. Specialty beers (like the Imperial IPA now and Ardennes Belgian Quad in the past) are $18.00. It’s $4.50 for the purchase of a growler.
● Rhinegeist Brewery (as of May 26th) has Cougar, Uncle, Truth, Spike American Wheat, Hustle red rye pale ale, Zen pale ale, Luck Irish stout, Pure Fury pale ale and Fiction Belgian XPA. New growlers are $5 for either the 32 or 64 oz. [Thanks to Jim Matt for the update.]
● Rivertown Brewing (as of Feb. 24th) has Roebling, Dunkel, Hop Bomber, Hop Baron, Helles, Blueberry, Sipa, Winter, Bock, Funk Vessel and Unit 6. Growler fills are $8.50 for most beers and high gravity beers are $11.70 (both prices are with tax). If you need a growler, it’s $4 extra.
GROWLERS AT BREW PUBS
● Fifty West Brewing (as of May 7th) has Coast to Coast, Coffee Please Stout, One Way Street, Paycheck’s Porter, Penny’s Pilsner, Shortcut and Spoatieoatiedopaliscious, Thirty 37. Two different beer flights available. Flights are half off before 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays.
● Moerlein Lager House (as of June 6th) has Helles Lager, Northern Liberties IPA, Old Gregg, Over-The-Rhine Ale, Se7en, Zeppelin, Barbarossa and Repeater. Growlers are $12.00 to refill or $16.00 if you need a growler. Growler refills are $8 on Tuesdays and Fridays. The specialty seasonals are $20.00 if you need a growler. They only fill their own growlers.
● Rock Bottom Cincinnati sells growlers of all their regular beers. Most growler fills are $13.50. They only fill their own growlers.
GROWLERS AT RESTAURANTS
● Adriatico’s, Arnold’s Bar & Grill, BrewRiver GastroPub, Buckhead Mountain Grill, Firehouse Grill, Flipdaddy’s (all three locations) and Incline Public House all fill growlers of the beers they have on tap.
GROWLERS AT BETTER BEER STORES
● Cappy’s Wine and Spirits Loveland (as of June 6th) had Southern Tier 2XOne ($6.99 $11.99), Bell’s Two Hearted ($5.99 $8.99), Bell’s Oberon ($5.99 $6.99), Rivertowne of Pittsburgh Hala Kahiki ($6.49 $9.99), Avery/Russian River Collaboration Not Litigation Ale ($9.99 $17.99), Brew Kettle White Rajah ($7.99 $13.99), Ballast Point Habanero Sculpin ($9.99 $18.99), Victory Dirtwolf ($6.49 $10.99), MadTree Identity Crisis ($8.99 $16.99), Mad Tree Sol Drifter ($6.49 $7.99), Stone Enjoy By 7-4-14 ($8.99 $16.99), MadTree Galaxy High ($13.49 $23.99), Red Hook Game Changer ($4.00 $5.00), Revolution Crystal-Hero ($6.49 $10.99), Fat Head’s Trail Head ($6.99 $9.99) and Jackie-O’s Matriarch ($15.99 $29.99). First price listed is for a 32 oz growler fill, second is for a 62 oz.
● Cork ‘N Bottle Buttermilk Pike (as of Feb. 21st) had Brooklyn Monster Barley Wine ($10.99), Schlafly Tasmanian IPA ($8.99), Madtree Hoppy Amber ($8.99), Madtree Rubeus Cacao ($8.99), Original Sin Cider ($6.99), Goose Island Ten Hills Pale Ale ($7.49), Uinta Hop Notch ($6.99) and Sierra Nevada Big Foot ($14.99).
● Cork ‘N Bottle Covington (as of Feb. 21st) had Christian Moerlein Emancipator Doppelbock ($8.99), Hostivet Imperial Pilsner ($10.99), Christian Moerlein 10+161 Bourbon Barrel Aged English Ale ($10.99), New Holland Night Tripper Imperial Stout ($12.99), Against the Grain Brown Note ($7.99), Uinta Dubhe Imperial Black IPA ($8.99), Abita Mayhawk Belgian Golden ($8.49) and New Holland Dragon’s Milk ($15.99).
● Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot in Anderson (as of June 2nd) has Sneaky Pete Imperial IPA ($13.99), Lagunitas IPA ($9.99), Widmer Bros. Chocolate Imperial Russian Stout ($5.99), Abita French Connection ($6.99), Great Lakes Wandering Pelican Black Lager ($12.99), Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shugga’ Substitute ($7.99), Bad Tom’s Black Kettle Stout ($9.99) and Abita Hop Gator Helles Doppelbock ($7.99).
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Covington (as of May 3rd) has Moerlein Hefeweizen Wheat ($8.99), Founders All Day IPA ($8.99), Rogue American Amber Ale ($8.99) and Abita Purple Haze ($8.99).
● DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits in Fort Thomas (as of May 3rd) has Sierra Nevada Bigfoot ($15.99), Schlafly Hop Harvest ($10.99), Leinenkugal Ryewine ($3.99), New Holland Charkoota Rye ($6.99), Bell’s Smitten ($9.99), MadTree Rubus Cacao ($13.99), Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye ($8.99), Stone Stochasticity ($16.99), Mt. Carmel Springtime, Bell’s Oberon ($9.99), Rivertown Bock ($3.99), Sierra Nevada Single Hop Harvest Ale ($13.99), Leinenkugal Canoe Paddler ($3.99), Lagunitas IPA ($11.99), Angry Orchard Crisp Apple ($9.99), Avery Maharaja ($11.99), Victory Golden Monkey ($12.99) and Southern Tier 2x Steam ($11.99). Several taps were TBA at time of publication. Their growler price is $4 “with a credit of $2 if you return an old growler.”
● The Growler Stop (as of May 24th) has MadTree Lift, MadTree Sprye, Fifty West Punch You in the EyePA, Mt. Carmel Amber, MadTree PsyHOPathy, Rhinegeist Truth, Fat Head’s Head Hunter IPA, Bad Tom Brother Clement, Jackie O’s Java the Stout, Rhinegeist Spike, Rhinegeist Hustle, Triple Digit Aftermath, Jackie O’s Firefly Amber, Moerlein Elixir and Angry Orchard. Empty growlers are $5 each
● HalfCut (as of May 25th) Fifty West Speedbump, Rhinegeist Hustle, Upland Tripel, MadTree Sprye, Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, Ommegang Hennepin, Green Flash 30th Street, Founders Rubeaus, Schofferhofer Grapefruit, Avery Maharaja, Blank Slate Out and About, Alltech’s Lexington Brewery Bourbon Barrel Peach Wheat, Green Flash Hop Odyssey, Great Lakes Burning River, Rogue XS Old Crustacean and Founders All Day IPA. Empty growlers are $5 each.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate (as of May 16th) has Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine, Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy Wee Heavy, Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy Imperial IPA, Brew Kettle White Rajah, Yuengling Summer Wheat, Mt. Carmel Stout, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, Rivertown Bock, Stillwater Stateside Saison, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, Sierra Nevada Hoptimum and Rivertowne of Pittsburgh Hala Kahiki Pineapple Ale. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each.
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield (as of May 16th) has Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, Rivertown Blueberry Lager, Kona Longboard, Deschutes Black Butte Porter, Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon, Bell’s Oberon, Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster, MadTree Sol Drifter, New Belgium Fat Tire, Rhinegeist Hustle, Rivertowne of Pittsburgh Hala Kahiki, Brew Kettle White Rajah, Fifty West Paychecks Porter, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Peach Wheat and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. Pints are $3 and growler fills vary by the beer. Add $4 if you need to purchase a growler and they will only fill their own growlers. Samples are 25 cents each.
● Lehr’s Meats Milford Ohio (as of May 28th) has Rhinegeist Spike ($14.99), Mt Carmel Summer Wheat ($10.99), Elevator Big Vic ($10.99), Great Lakes Rye of the Tiger ($10.99), Lost Coast Tangerine ($9.99), Stone IPA ($12.99), Highland Little Hump ($9.99) and Highland Kashmir ($9.99).
● Liquor Cabinet in Hebron (as of June 5th) has Madtree Lift, Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Founders Porter, Schlafly Hop Harvest, West 6th Amber, Fort Collins Rocky Mountain IPA, Abita Seersucker Summer Pils, and Lagunitas IPA.
● Market Wines (as of May 30th) has Blank Slate Out and About Summer, Fathead’s Trail Head Pale Ale, Southern Tier Choklat, Dark Horse Plead the 5th Imp Stout, Dark Horse Smells Like a Safety Meeting IPA and Founders Rubaeus. They have empty growlers (64 oz) and growelettes (32 oz) for sale for $5 each.
● One Stop Liquors in Bellevue (as of June 6th) has Mad Tree Psychopathy IPA ($9.99), Sierra Nevada Summerfest ($9.99) and Curious Traveler Lemon Shandy ($11.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new growler, add $2.99. Also, receive $5 off your 6th refill.
● Party Source in Bellevue will now be handled by Ei8ht Ball Brewery and Tap Room. See listing above.
● Party Town in Florence (as of May 23rd) Three Floyds Jinx Proof ($8.99), Against the Grain McFannybaw Bourbon Barrel Smoked Ale ($9.99), Cider Boys Peach Country($7.99), Evil Twin Hipster Pale Ale ($8.99), Evil Twin Hop Flood Amber Ale ($11.99), Founders Old Curmudgeon Barleywine ($14.99), Founders Red’s Rye IPA ($10.99), Heavy Seas Riptide White IPA, Heavy Seas Siren Noir ($20.99), HammerHeart HOST OI Bourbon Barrel Smoked Harvest Ale ($10.99), MadTree Galaxy High IIPA ($14.99), Moerlein Dunkleweiss ($7.99), New Holland Paleooza ($5.99), Sierra Nevada Ovila Saison ($12.99), Staropramen Pilsner ($8.99), Stone Matt’s Burning Rosids Imperial Smoked Saison ($10.99), West 6th Smithtown Brown Ale ($8.99) and Woodchuck Hopped Apple Dry-Hopped Cider ($9.99). All prices are for a refill. For a new half gallon (64 oz) growler, add $2.00. Pint (16 oz), quart (32 oz) and gallon size (128 oz) growlers are also available. $3 for a new gallon growler.
● Remke Hyde Park (as of Nov. 13th) has Breckenridge 471 IPA ($19.99), Breckenride Vanilla Porter ($11.99), Blank Slate Ryesing Up ($14.99), Blank Slate Fork in the Road ($12.99) and Rivertown Bourbon Pumpkin ($15.99). New growlers are $5.99 each. [Thanks to Shannon S. for the update.]
● Remke Skytop (as of Jan. 31st) has New Belgium Fat Tire ($12.99), New Belgium White IPA ($12.99), Blank Slate Lesser Path ($12.99), New Belgium Ranger IPA ($12.99) and Rivertown Roebling ($15.99). Happy hour special – $2 off drafter beers Mondays-Thursdays 3:00-6:00 pm [Thanks to Eugene Tavares for the update.]
● United Liquor in Florence (as of May 15th) now has twelve taps. They currently have Madtree Rubus Cucao ($13.99), Madtree PsycHOPathy ($10.99), Lagunitas IPA ($10.99), Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald ($9.99), KY Bourbon Ale ($11.99), Schlafly Bourbon Barrel Ale ($10.99), Brew Kettle White Rajah ($16.99), Goose Island Season ($9.99), Sam Adams Angry Orchard ($11.99), Dogfish 90 min ($12.99), Bell’s Oberon ($9.99), Stone Arrogant Bastard ($16.99). All prices based on 64 oz growler. Buy a new growler and get a free glass.
● Valley Wine & Spirits Edgewood (as of Feb. 27th) has Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter, Southern Tier 2X IPA, Bell’s Smitten, Southern Tier Choklat Stout and Madtree Happy Amber.
● Valley Wine & Spirits Fort Wright (as of Feb. 27th) has Sierra Nevada Celebration, Sixpoint Hi-Res, Upland Harvest Ale, Sam Adams Rebel IPA, Kona Big Wave Golden Ale, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Founders All Day IPA, Brew Kettle 4 C’s and Deschutes Black Butte Porter.
● Whole Foods Market Cincinnati growler station offerings (as of April 22nd) are Bell’s Consecrator ($7 pint, $14 32 oz, $27 64 oz), Lagunitas IPA ($3 pint, $6 32 oz, $10 64 oz), MadTree Ruck Stop ($3 pint, $6 32 oz, $11 64 oz), Stone Go To IPA ($4 pint, $8 32 oz, $15 64 oz), Ommegang Game of Thrones Fire and Blood ($4 pint, $8 32 oz, $16 64 oz) and Mt. Carmel Coffee Brown ($5 pint, $9 32 oz, $17 64 oz). [Thanks to Ed Paff for the update.]
● Whole Foods Market Mason growler station offerings (as of Dec. 15th) are Left Hand Fade to Black vol. 5, Breckenridge Christmas Ale, Cismontane Coulter IPA, Great Divide Hibernation Ale, Blank Slate Brewing Fume Cherrywood Smoked Porter and Anderson Valley Highway 128 Pale Ale. For a new growler, add $3.99.