We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing. Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• In Memory of Mike Cisneros Sr. – All day today, Ei8ht Ball will be donating a percentage of sales of their Mike Czech and Hammock Hefe to the GoFundMe page that has been set up to help purchase a bench at the Cincinnati Nature Center in Mike’s memory.
• Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Braxton Beer Tasting today from 4:00-7:00 pm. Beers include Twisted Bit, Dead Blow, Crank Shaft, and Oktober Fuel.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Fifty West at Fairfield and from Schafly at Eastgate.
• Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
• Midway Café – Midway District Pub Crawl on Saturday from 2:00-6:00 pm. From Facebook: “Let’s send the Olympics out in style. The closing ceremony for Rio is Sunday, August 21, so this Midway District Pub Crawl will be your last chance to wear your USA sprit wear. Bring a friend or 20. Participating pubs will have food and drink specials, games and entertainment. Buy a Rhinegeist beer passport for $10 (all proceeds go to Kentucky Special Olympics), get it stamped by each pub partner, and you can win a Rhinegeist brewery tour for you and your friends.”
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from TBA. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
• Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
TAPPINGS and RELEASES
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Blank Slate Official Can Release Party today from 5:00-10:00 pm. From Facebook: “We will have their cans available for sale, 3 of their beers on tap, and a cask of Lesser Path with grapefruit and habanero! Also, Scott from Blank Slate will be here”
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight is Free Bacon Night and they will be pouring West Sixth Snake Cake. Cost is $6 for a ten ounce snifter.
— Quaff Bros. Full Allotment Bottle Release – Saturday at 1:00 pm. More information available on their Facebook event page.
• Christian Moerlein Lager House – Das Über Das Boot Happy Hour today from 4:00-9:00 pm. From Facebook: “Official Launch of Das Über Fest Lager featuring specials on Das Boots of beer. Food options will be available from Wienerwurst Mike. PLUS you get to keep the DAS BOOT”
• BB Riverboats – For August, the featured brewery for their Craft Beer and BBQ Cruises is Rhinegeist. You can get more information and purchase your tickets at http://www.bbriverboats.com/CraftBeer-BBQ-Cruise.html
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom