We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing. Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
HAPPY GRAND OPENING DAY to THE WOODBURN BREWERY – Ribbon cutting at 3:30 pm today and open to the public at 4:00. Beers include their Pale Ale, Cedar IPA, Pineapple Saison, Chocolate Cherry Stout, Belgian Wit, Altbier, Belgian Quad, Wit’s End Wheat, Steinpils and Lactose Loves Peaches IPA.
OTHER SPECIAL EVENTS
• Cincinnati Art Museum – Art After Dark: Art + Beer Bash from 5:00-9:00 pm. Held in their Alice Bimel Courtyard, there will be beer tastings from local breweries, live music by The Hot Magnolias (6:30 – 8:30 pm), guided tours of their permanent collection, and food for purchase from Packhouse Meats and their Terrace Café.
• Florence Freedom – Freedom Fall Beer Fest Saturday from 5:00-11:00 pm. More information available on their website.
• Hebron Brew Haus – Reality Check End Of Summer Party Saturday starting at 7:00 pm. Three Floyds tap takeover including Zombie Dust.
• Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Brooklyn Beer Tasting today from 4:00-7:00 pm.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Rhinegeist at Fairfield and from Three Floyds at Eastgate.
• Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from TBA. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
• Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
TAPPINGS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – Homestead Brewing Tap Takeover starting at 6:00 pm tonight.
• Braxton Brewing – Oktober Fuel Tapping Party at 5:00 pm today. German fare, German music and a stein hoisting competition. It’s also their monthly Firkin Friday.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight is Free Bacon Night and they will be pouring Rhinegeist Saber Tooth Tiger. Cost is $5 for a ten ounce snifter.
• BB Riverboats – For August, the featured brewery for their Craft Beer and BBQ Cruises is Rhinegeist. You can get more information and purchase your tickets at http://www.bbriverboats.com/CraftBeer-BBQ-Cruise.html
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom