Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• 10th Annual Cincy Winter Beerfest – Friday evening, Saturday afternoon and evening at the Convention Center. Be sure to buy your tickets in advance. This event frequently sells out, especially the Connoisseur Level tickets. Also, Designated Drivers tickets are not sold at the door. Buy them now.
• Cincy Winter Beerfest After Party – Friday night at 11:00 pm at Queen City Exchange. Featuring beers from Braxton including Storm Golden Cream Ale, Crank Shaft IPA, Spotlight White IPA, Graeter’s Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip Milk Stout, and Jumpstart Brown Ale brewed with Bourbon Barrel-Aged Starter Coffee.
• Cincy Winter Beerfest Happy Hour – Saturday at 5:00 pm at Knockback Nat’s.
TASTINGS, TOURS and DINNERS
• Moerlein Lager House and Christian Moerlein Malt House – Brunch, Beers, & Breweries Sunday at 10:30 am. See their web page for more information and to buy your tickets.
• DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits – Braxton tasting Friday at 5:00 pm. Beers include Storm Golden Cream Ale, Dead Blow Tropical Stout, Graeter’s Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip Milk Stout, Spotlight White IPA, and Tropic Flare Imperial IPA.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Kona Brewing at Fairfield and from Green Flash at Eastgate.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from Laguinitas. They are promising a nice spread of bottles and two special drafts: Willett Barrel aged Imperial Stout and Fusion XXXIX IPA.It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – Crooked Stave Launch Party Friday at 5:00 pm.
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Crooked Stave Launch Party Friday at 5:00 pm.
• Listermann Brewing – Biggie and Pac Can release Saturday at 10:00 am.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom