Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• Rock Bottom – From Facebook: “In honor of next month being the 10th Anniversary Cincy Winter Beerfest we’ve brewed 5 unique beers with 5 great Cincinnati breweries. First up, and being tapped this Friday night, is “JUBILEE IPA” with longtime Beerfest sponsor Rockbottom Brewery. Matthew Utter with Cincy Beerfest and Gerry O’Connel of Rockbottom designed a unique recipe using Equinox hops. The beer will be tapped this Friday at 6pm sharp, and be available for sale at Rockbottom while supplies last. GET A FREE CINCY BEERFEST 10TH ANNIVERSARY/ROCKBOTTOM LOGO COMMEMORATIVE PINT GLASS WITH EVERY PINT PURCHASE! Collect a different pint glass at each of the 5 brewery’s First Tapping Night parties, and after while supplies last! Free admission, and reasonable pint prices.”
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from New Holland at Fairfield.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from a brewery yet to be named. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
TAPPINGS, PINT NIGHTS and RELEASES
• BC’s Bottle Lodge – Bear Republic Launch Party Saturday at 4:00 pm. Beers include Short Shifter Hoppy Lager, Double Aught Pils, Rogue Red Sour, Racer 5 and The Grizz.
• Braxton Brewing – Spotlight Tapping and Can Release at Braxton Brewing Friday at 5:00 pm.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight is Free Bacon Night and they will be pouring from partial kegs from the Shelton Brothers Festival in Louisville. Beers include 7venth Sun Yuzu Lager, 7venth Sun Barrel-Aged La Fete, Nogne O Chaga Stout, Pasteur Street Barleywine, Boneyard RPM IPA, and Boneyard Hu Tong Clan.
• Listermann Brewing – Barrel Aged Stuff Release Saturday at 10:00 am.
Beers available for the release include BA Stuff, Stuff, Stuff Nitro, BA German Cake Aftermath and possibly one or two more.
• Urban Artifact – Thoroughbred Variant Bottle Release Saturday at noon. They will be releasing the first 5 of 7 total cocktail variants of Thoroughbred. The bottles will retail for $15.99 plus tax and the 5 variants are: The Deveraux – Lemon zest and elderflowers; Corpse Reviver – Juniper berries, lemon zest, orange zest and grape must; King Cake Old Fashioned – Pecans, walnuts, cinnamon and vanilla beans; Kentucky Mule – Lime and ginger; and Mint Julep – Spearmint and vanilla beans.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom