We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing. Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday< for other better beer events happening this weekend.
HAPPY HOUR / FUNDRAISER
● Christian Moerlein Malt House Taproom – Cincinnati Recreation Commission Fundraiser Happy Hour today (7/24). For every pint of beer sold between 4pm-9pm, Christian Moerlein will donate $1 to CRC. They recently completed work on Grant Park, which is located just north of the Christian Moerlein Brewing Company.
● Everything’s d’ Vine – Tasting is at 5:30 pm each week and costs $10 for beer and wine tastings. You can get just beer or just wine for $5.00. The beers for this week’s tasting (7/24) are Kona Longboard Lager, Arcadia Cheap Date, North Coast Puck and Dark Horse Crooked Tree IPA.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (7/24), it’s Christian Moerlein. Pints are usually $3.
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (7/24), it’s Kona. Pints are usually $3.
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week (7/24) from 5:30-7:00 pm, it’s beers from North Coast Brewing. The 9 ounce draft pour will be 2014 Old Stock for $3.00. The cost for the flight is $2.00 per person. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights.
● Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
● Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight (7/24) is Free Bacon Night AND they will be tapping STONE w00tStout 3.0, RuinTen and Ruination 2.0. Prices will vary per beer. According to their Beer Mail newsletter, “In order to serve as many attendees as possible, Ei8ht Ball Tap Room reserves the right to reduce pour sizes accordingly.”
– For Saturday’s Randall Saturday (7/25), it’s Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier through Lemons and Ginger. Cost is $5 for a sixteen ounce pint.
● Moerlein Lager House – Firkin Friday at 6:00 pm today (7/24) – This time, it’s their Lager House Helles dry hopped with Galaxy hops.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom