We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing. Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
CONGRATULATIONS to Braxton Brewing on their opening tonight! We’ll have more information for you at noon today including photos and videos from Wednesday night’s soft open.
● Fifty West – Will be releasing their wild sour ale Brett is My Co-Pilot on Saturday, March 28th. The line will form at noon and the first 30 people will receive free specialty glassware. There will also be other barrel aged and funky beers on tap in celebration of the release including Barrel Aged Our Mom’s Advice, Jalopy Nose Jalapeno Stout, Batch 50 Our Dad’s Advice and 2014 Are We There Yet? Saison.
● Listermann Brewing – Releasing Nutcase Peanut Butter and Raspberry Jam Porter at 10:00 am on 3/28. Cost is $12.99 a bottle and there is a limit of five per person.
● Everything’s d’ Vine – Tasting is at 5:30 pm each week and costs $10 for beer and wine tastings. You can get just beer or just wine for $5.00. For this week’s tasting (3/27), it’s Leffe Blonde, MadTree Sprye, Rhinegeist Mastodon and Sweetwater Hop Hash.
● Jungle Jim’s Eastgate – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (3/27), it’s Widmer. Pints are usually $3.
● Jungle Jim’s Fairfield – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm. For this week’s tasting (3/27), it’s Rhinegeist. Pints are usually $3.
● Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
● Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week (3/27), it’s SweetWater Brewing. Beers include firkins of cask conditioned Old Faithful IPA and Slick Eddie (a blend of IPA and Georgia Brown Ale). Draft selections include Happy Ending Stout and Georgia Brown Ale. There will also be bottles of SweetWater for tasting. Prices for beer by the glass will be posted at the event & will include a free Sweet Water 18th anniversary snifter. Cost is $2.00 per person. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights.
● Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six delicious bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
● Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight (3/27) is Free Bacon Night. They are also tapping Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree.
– For next week’s Rare Keg Monday (3/30), it’s BFM (Brasserie des Franches-Montagnes) Square Rt. 225 Historical Sour Saison. Cost is $12 for a 13 ounce tulip.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom