We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing. Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Goose Island tasting today from 4:00-7:00 pm. Beers include Lolita (On Tap), Goose Summertime Kolsch, Green Line Pale Ale and Matilda Belgian Style Pale Ale.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from SweetWater at Fairfield and from Brewery Ommegang at Eastgate.
• Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from West Sixth. Beers include Heller and Ginger Bread Box Stout. Nine ounce pours are $3.00. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
• Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
TAPPINGS and RELEASES
• Cappy’s Wine and Spirits – Fifty West Tap Takeover Saturday from 3:00-6:00 pm. Beers include Buckle Down Brown, One Way Street Columbus IPA, Doom Pedal, Lemonade Doomsicle, Eleanor Blonde, Coffee Please Nitro, Fuzzy Feeling, Punch You in the EyePA, Tastee Whip, Mulberry Tastee Whip, Long Delay IPA and Lager.
• Dutch’s Bar & Bottle Shop – Stone Enjoy By Firkin Tapping today at 4:00 pm. It’s a cask conditioned variation of Stone Enjoy By 5/30/16 with Tangerine featuring Mosaic hops.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight is Free Bacon Night and they will be pouring New Belgium Hoppy Blonde. The cost is $5 for a sixteen ounce pint and you get to keep the glass.
• Fifty West Brewing – Brett is My Co-pilot Bottle Release Saturday starting at 11:00 am. Bottles are $10.99 each and there is a limit of two per person.
Have a better beer weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom