We frequently get updates for our Tastings and Tappings Report after our regular publishing time. Any edited listing will have UPDATE at the beginning of the listing. Don’t forget to check out our This Week in Beer post from Monday for other better beer events happening this weekend.
• Country Fresh Farm Market and Wine Depot – Brooklyn Brewery tasting today from 4:00-7:00 pm. Beers include Summer Ale, American Ale and two more to be determined.
• Jungle Jim’s – Friday night tasting from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at both locations. Pints are usually $3. This week, they are pouring beers from Sixpoint at Fairfield and from Goodwood at Eastgate.
• Ludlow Wines – Saturday beer tasting is from 5:00-8:00 pm. The cost to taste four beers is $6.00 per person.
• Party Source – $1 beer tastings on Saturday from 12:00-1:00 pm.
• Party Town – For Friday Night Flights this week from 5:30-7:00 pm, they’re pouring from Rhinegeist. Beers include Truth, Puma, Cidergeist, Cougar, Hustle, Fluxion, Panda, Badger, Exp IPA 004, EXP IPA 005, Mushhushshu. It’s $2.00 for the regular sample flights. Only adults age 21 or more are admitted for Friday Night Flights. Limit of one sample per person. No shopping carts in the back room please.
• Whole Foods Cincinnati – Cask & Cork: Beer and Wine every Friday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. For $5, you get five sips and six bites. Tickets sold until 6:30 pm.
TAPPINGS and RELEASES
• Braxton Brewing – May’s Firkin Friday tonight at 5:30 pm and it’s a Banana Split. That’s their Haven Hefeweizen with cocoa, strawberry and pineapple.
• Ei8ht Ball Brewing – Tonight is Free Bacon Night and they will be having a special Lervig Tap Takeover and Skype session with Lervig’s brewmaster Mike Murphy. Beers include Jack Daniels BA Barleywine, Belgian Saison, Pop That Cherry Lambic (collaboration w/ Mikkeller), Saured Kraut Mango and Pineapple infused Sour, Redchurch Softly Softly Oud Bruin. The Skype session starts at 5:30 pm.
• Listermann Brewing – Cincinnati Beer Week Collaboration Bottle Release tonight starting at 5:00 pm. From Facebook: “We have teamed up with Urban Artifact, MadTree Brewing and DogBerry Brewing LLC for our version of the CIncinnati Beer Week Collaboration beer, Over/Under. This beer is an amber lager brewed with Mulberry Wood. While there will be 5 Cincinnati Beer Week Beers available this year, this will be the only one in bottles. The beer will be on draft Friday Night Only and then again during beer week. 4 Packs are $9.99”
• Nashville Hot – Christian Moerlein Tap Takeover tonight starting at 7:00 pm. Buy a pint, keep the glass.
• Old Firehouse Brewery – Pints for Pups Saturday from 4:00-8:00 pm. The brewery will be donating $1 from every pint sold during that time to Circle Tails, Inc.
Have a better beer Memorial Day weekend, everyone!
— Carla and Tom